“Lovely space; mediocre food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trafalgar
Transit: Bus line on our block.
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely space; mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

i really wanted to like this restaurant, because it's in a great location and the ambiance is pleasantly upscale. I ordered one of my standbys for Italian food - linguini with clams. The pasta was a huge portion, but very squishy, with large globs of garlic scattered throughout. There was barely any sauce, so it also felt dry. Now there were plenty of clams, but I wound up leaving most of the pasta. My salad starter was quite nice, and a very generous size, so it's not as though I left hungry. I may give them a second try when I return to Vancouver, but there are so many tried-and-true spots...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Point Roberts
“New Location: Must Be Jinxed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family was a big fan when when the restaurant was on West 4th Avenue and when we visited the new location we expected to enjoy the high quality food, reasonable portion sizes, excellent service and inviting ambiance.

Instead, this is what we experienced.

My first impression was being sized up by the greeting staff and patrons at the bar. My family felt we were quickly being appraised for our personal worth and potential tip value by how we were dressed. The patrons seemed to be akin to those frequenting the location in its past incarnations and less like the crowd from the 4th Ave location.

Our table location was such that I could hear everything in the tables next to me but strained to hear the person across from me at my own table. Overall, it was so noisy I felt that sign language would be more appropriate but given the closeness of the seating I would not be able to move my arms.

The food was mediocre. Portion sizes were smaller than expected (based on eating at the 4th Ave location) and all of our meals came overcooked. The plates were so hot I thought the table clothes was going to be scorched. A quick check on the prices revealed a significant price increase from the old location.

The server was excellent, but then he has know us and we him for over ten years.

The title of the review is New Location: Must Be Jinxed is appropriate as this is the third restaurant to occupy the location in 4 years.

White Spot across the street looked inviting.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, Canada
“New location but same great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

So the location has changed to Broadway from 4th ave. Much different atmosphere. Kinda liked the older smaller, darker restaurant. Understand the move to a larger spot with more patio seating and brighter to attract a lunch crowd. Food an service are great as before. Some changes to the menu that we also really enjoyed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“This Continues the Quattro Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Having already dined at the North Vancouver restaurant our curiosity got the better of us to try this one. We were not disappointed. The thi g we live about this place is that the chefs take the Italian food experience to new heights: Italian ingredients are turned into a thoroughly pleasant gourmet delight. Different chefs but same quality experience. Next stop, Quattro Centro downtown!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sedona, AZ
“Quality and style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had just arrived that afternoon. Our hostess brought us to Q4 along with 5 others. We sat at a large round table. Service was excellent. The menu had something for everyone and the wine was plentiful. Food was excellent. I'll look forward to going back.

Visited July 2012