“Good food and view” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Milestones Crossroads Grill + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #330 of 2,804 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, International
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: Steps from the City Hall Canada Line Station, less than 5 minutes from downtown Vancouver.
Description: Milestones Crossroads offers Milestones’ globally-inspired menu in one of the most beautiful rooms in the city. We are committed to bringing you the Milestones' food you have loved since 1986, combined with a passion for service that sets the bar. Want something new and different? Pair our innovative, house-made recipes with an eclectic selection of West Coast inspired beverages. We invite you to try the Milestones Brunch – a 20 year tradition – in a setting unlike any other Milestones. Experience our world-class views of the Vancouver skyline and North Shore Mountains from our heated & covered patio, or through the floor to ceiling windows of our lounge, dining room and private dining area. Whether it is an intimate dinner for two or the late night buzz of our bar, Milestones Crossroads is the perfect choice. For large groups, please contact us directly.
“Good food and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We've been to Milestones on Cambie street in Vancouver many times and usually enjoy the food and service. This time was no exception, however the food seemed exceptionally delicious last night (May 11) They didn't appear to be very busy, perhaps because it was the day before Mother's Day. We dined on the balcony, overlooking Vancouver, with the coastal mountains framing our view. Despite the clouds, we were quite comfy under the heating lamps. My lamb shank was delicious - fall off the bone meat, accompanied by gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce and veggies. I often find the carrots too crunchy at Milestones and last night was no exception. Crunchy is good but when one has to saw and hack at the carrot, maybe a bit more steaming would be appropriate. Despite the struggle with the carrot, I enjoyed my meal very much. I will certainly have the lamb shank again. My partner had a steak with pepper corn sauce. Being a very discerning meat eater, B. said that his medium rare steak was the best he had ever had at Milestones and a good sized portion too. Some of the mountain of mashed potatoes were left on the plate along with some green beans I noticed. My plate was cleaned. We were happy and content with the service, despite our waitress bringing only one big knife to the table. We received the rest of our cutlery immediately after the dinner was served. Service was good, staff friendly and atmosphere comfortable. We will return as Milestones is a gem in our neighborhood.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, BC
“Milestones, not just for marking distance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Saturday found us tired and one of us slightly hungover from Catie's Work Christmas Party. In the state that we were in we didn't want to venture too far from home. Combining the desire to stay within walking distance of our secret location with a few Christmas errands and a desire to try something new equals Milestones on Cambie.

It has been years since either of us have been to Milestones and neither of us have been there for brunch. Walking into the lobby and up the stairs of the beautifully decorated restaurant, I couldn't figure out why we don't eat here more often. The hostess and waitress were similarly dressed and equally friendly. Dave got a large orange juice and I asked for a coffee. Coffee at Milestones can mean drip, americano, mocha, latte, and I'm sure a lot more... I chose a latte. Dave's orange juice was fresh-squeezed.

The menu is short but includes something for everyone. I ordered the Eggs Milestone with tomato on the side and bacon ($10.49 + 2) while Dave ordered Prime Rib Hash ($12.99). The avacado salsa on my benny was delicious and the hollandaise sauce was outstanding! The hash was sweeter than Dave expected and the prime rib was thin sliced instead of chunks which he enjoyed.

Milestones is a great place for everyone... I think it was designed that way, which kind of bothers me. As an upscale White Spot it's pretty good, maybe better than Cactus Club, though I'm not an expert on them either. We might come back with Grandma, but we might look for something different in the meantime.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cloverdale, Canada
“What you'd expect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The customer I was meeting picked this convenient location right at Cambie and Broadway. It's a nice location with nice hostesses. They took the name of my guest so that she should be seated when she arrived.

The server was efficient and nice. She was spot on when describing the spice level of the Spicy Tuna Tacos. That's what I had. It was peppery more than spicy which was fine for me and 3 was the perfect serving size.... although the amount of Tuna was a tad light for my liking and the price.

My guest had a salad with some modifications including holding the feta. She was overall okay with the salad but felt that it lacked flavour which she suspected came from the cheese.

It was efficient service and a good location for a business meeting lunch.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colin R, Owner at Milestones Crossroads Grill + Bar, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for visiting us!
“Great fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were there in group of 8 to celebrate a birthday. Reservation was made for 7pm, however till 7.20pm, table was not ready. When we checked, there was a delay in one of the big group settling their bill. The hostess was most apologetic and promised to seat us as soon as they can, 15 mins later, we were seated. Service was prompt with menus followed by 3 appetizers on the house! We were delighted as we were quite famished. It took us awhile to get our orders as we were busy chowing on the appetizers. Food and drinks was good, the bellini was to die for (not too strong, just perfect). Underground parking was easy.

• Visited November 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great view, great lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good food, good value, good service. Always reliable for good food and good service. Impressive to see the Managers pitching in to clear tables and help serve guests. In my opinion, juiciest, yummiest burgers are found here.

• Visited October 2012