“Tasty food” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Robson
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were staying in the hotel next door and decided to walk around to look for somewhere to eat, however we were so tired after walking around Vancouver all day we decided to go back to the hotel and eat here. Really glad we did. The menu is small, but everything is tasty. I had a pizza and my husband had the risotto. All freshly cooked.
Good service with a smile. Reasonably priced. Would eat here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Ladies night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I visited Q4 al Centro last December with 3 female friends I had not seen for some time. The waiter was wonderful and suggested great dishes for us to share which worked out perfectly. The food was delicious and the service great.

Visited December 2012
nj
“A VERY pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at L'Hermitage--it would be hard to find a better place to stay--and one day did not have enough time to leave the Richards St area so we had lunch at Q4. We expected a ho-hum meal--NOT SO!!!! We had wonderful selections to choose from and our food was delicious. The staff was helpful, pleasant, and very efficient. We were there during the week and there seemed to be quite a few "regulars" there for lunch and/or business meetings which is always a good sign. A very nice restaurant and right at the doorstep of L'Hermitage.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abbotsford, Canada
“20th Anniversary Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was our 20th Wedding Anniversary and we stayed at L'Hermitage Hotel on Richard's Street. We didn't want to go far to have dinner so we decided to try the Q4 Restaurant at the hotel. I had made reservations when we book the room, a week before our stay. Being midweek, the restaurant wasn't busy, and we enjoyed ourselves for two hours being served by the professional staff who were friendly and very professional. I had the Caesar Salad and the Espresso crusted Steak. My wife had the Caesar Salad also (out of self-defence) and the Veal Chop. We shared the dessert that a friend had recommended, the Q4 Napoleon; more on the dessert later. The Caesar Salads were full dinner plate size, and tasted great, right down to the nice hint of anchovies. My steak was just the way I had requested it, medium rare, and was juicy and very tasty. The espresso crust on the "Manhattan" cut was a nice touch. The veal chop was moist and tasty. Both came with a nice assortment of veggies. Now for the dessert...
The Q4 Napoleon consisted of three thin, crispy wafers made of philo pastry, layered between scoops of marscapone, covered in a Cherry sauce which had the most succulent cherries I've had in a long time (I think they were Bing cherries). This was an expensive dinner, but it wasn't regretted, as the meal will be one that we'll remember for a long time... Thank you, Q4.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lennox Head, Australia
“Travellers dream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have always thought that hotels should be hotels and restaurants be restaurants. By this I mean that many in hotel restaurants are not putting all their energies into into a restaurant. Q4 which was recommended by l'hermitage hotel and has direct access from hotel is the best of both worlds. We didn't have to brave a particularly nasty night to get a very good meal. The food was excellent, I believe what they call Vancouver cuisine, it has an Italian influence but really you had a pretty wide choice from menu. Seating was comfortable, background noise not too bad, although Canadians obsession with watching tv ( ice hockey ) while you are eating I found a bit crass, it seems to be everywhere, in fact all the restaurants in Vancouver had multiple large tv screens. Service was well timed and not intrusive, it is a little expensive but there are cheaper options on menu. Best steak I've had for a while and prawns were to die for !!

• Visited March 2013