“Most excellent sandwich” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meat & Bread

Meat & Bread
370 Cambie Street Vancouver, British Columbia | Hastings, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Website
Dining options: Breakfast
Naracoorte
“Most excellent sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went here purely based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. Well thought out place, serving great sandwiches. Just loved the porchetta sandwich, it was delicious. If only I could whisk myself there now for another!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Douglaston, New York
“Delicious sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Long lines, but they were quick. Everything was delicious and inexpensive. Share long communal table

Visited September 2012
Toronto
“If you're in the market for a tasty sammich, here it is!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pros: made fresh before your eyes, friendly staff, good location. The porchetta was 3/5 in terms of taste. Meat was good, but after a few bites I wanted something more than just pork fat...since there's nothing really else on the sandwhich, heh. Daily special was Turkey and it was a 5/5. Incredible taste! I could have eaten three of them!!

Cons: $9 is a decent price for the sandwich, if not a *bit* too high. They are kind-of small, though filling. But the true test is YES, I would eat there again if I went back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haverhill, Suffolk
“Good, but am I'm missing something?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

A fast food joint that serves about 4 types of sandwich and it's rated this highly? We passed by on chance and thought we'd give it a go. The joints of pork looked great but I fancied the beef sandwich, Watching the guys make them on a mini production line is good fun but for me the final end product was a little bit dissapointing. It is only a sandwich but the beef i found to be a bit bland and the bread though reasonable was not delicious. The pork was much better tasting but the sort of thing I'd eat once a year. Again this falls between 3 and 4 stars for me. Price was ok and the place was buzzing, packed and clean. We opted for takeaway due to space but I think you'd enjoy it a little more eating in.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great spot for a cheap and delicious bite to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from Vancouver and this was probably one of the best and cheapest places we ate! (Vancouver is an expensive city) I had the signature porchetta but my hubby had the special which happened to be a Korean style beef bulkogi sandwich, he's Korean and found this sandwich to be superior to mine! They were both amazing to me. We also had the maple and bacon ice cream sandwich which was also delicious! Highly recommend this to all Vancouver visitors and locals as well. :) yum!