“A great time had by all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Society Dining Lounge

Society Dining Lounge
1257 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B, Canada (Downtown)
604-629-8800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Society Dining Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #653 of 2,846 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Vancouver, Canada
“A great time had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

Our Stagette group started our evening at Society for dinner last night! We were a bit of a spectacle but the staff was great & interacted with us to be a part of the festivities! The drinks were great (a round of Mango Mojitos as well as Blueberry Muffin shooters) and the manager, Joel, was nice enough to buy us a round of yummy pink shots as well! Very sweet. Our table got the truffle Mac & cheese, the butternut squash perogies, the Hawaiian pizza & the BBQ chicken pizza. All were very delicious! The Mac & cheese was amazing! So delicious. And the Hawaiian pizza made with prociutto instead of ham was awesome! The perogies were strange but good; kind of sweet & savoury all at the same time. We shared the chocolate cake and it was a nice finish to our meal!

Pro's: Great twists on classic comfort food, unpretentious atmosphere, friendly staff, fun & glam decor, and reasonable prices.

Con's: Staff slow to bring drinks/take order but make up for it with overall friendliness.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saskatoon, Canada
“Comfort food with an upscale twist!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This restaurant prides itself on providing comfort food with a twist and they sure did.

Offering items such as "mac n cheese balls" as an appetizer was one of the fun items on the menu. Offering a nice ambience and set in the ultrachic area of Yaletown this reastaurant as a great date night spot for my husband and me.

We sat on the patio in the corner and had pillows to cozy up with and heater to keep us warm.

Food was great. I had the cajun salmon with guacamole and salsa and it was amazing! My husband had the filet mignon with french fries and he really enjoyed it. The homemade ketchup was a nice touch.

Service was great! Waitress was attentive and friendly. Food and drinks both came in a timely manner. Not to fast or too slow.

We had dessert - warm apple pie a la mode and it was scrumptious.

Cotton candy was a fun touch to end the evening.

Will definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“All around fun, great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

From the front door, to the service, to the food, till the end, everything was so much fun! The room was very busy but somehow we got a table for four in the corner. The server was a blast! Even Chef Francis came out and cracked some jokes. The food was amazing! The only thing that was a negative was that the music was a touch too loud. Other than that, good times! Will be back soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Inverurie, United Kingdom
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Good tasty burger - too much to eat it all though! Good atmosphere and very friendly staff. If you had to be really fussy, I felt that it did seem to take a while for my meal to come (I was dining alone and it wasn't very busy at that point) but as I had plenty time, it was not an issue for me. All round, no complaints.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I went here for dinner with a large group of friends (approx 15 of us). The food was not very tastey. Many people at the table did not enjoy their meals. I had ordered the BC Salmon and it was too salty but I ate most if it anyways (I was starving). The service was not very good. The waiter did not come back to see how our meals were. After we had paid our bill he asked how our food was and I told him it was just "okay." I think he was surprised that I said that instead of saying "good" like we usually do. His only reply was " Oh, no! That's too bad." I am assuming this place is more popular for its lounge atmosphere than its food and service.
I was not a fan of the fact that this place adds an automatic 18% gratuity to the bill. I am a very generous tipper when I believe it should be given. However, for this experience I would never have tipped 18%! My fiance paid the bill and I don't think he realized the 18% was automatic and he included an additional tip as well.
I don't think any of us will go back there again.

• Visited June 2011