“Good value, nice clean rooms, balconies” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway

You added Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway to your Saves list
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   898 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1J8, Canada (Fairview)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
San Francisco, California
“Good value, nice clean rooms, balconies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

This hotel is a good value for the price. I would say it is closer to three stars than two. We booked last minute and you could not beat the price compared to the other rates in town which were either sold out or practically double! So we took a chance at the Park Plaza. Our room was not ready at check-in early afternoon but that was the only inconvenience. The staff was very nice and informative about the best ways to get around town. Although it is on the side of Vancouver away from Stanley Park, etc, it is a quick scenic walk over the Cambie bridge to the main downtown. Also the buses stop right in front and there are many conveniences right outside: tons of restaurants, drug stores, etc. The rooms have a modern style to them and even though it is not a high-end hotel, you can tell they made an effort to make it stylish and nice. Plus each room has a balcony. Our view was less than stellar but still a nice feature. For the value, I would definitely go back.

• Liked — Cleanliness, good value
  • Disliked — Location is a little farther from downtown Vancouver than had hoped
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the nondescript-looking sushi place across the street. Excellent quality fish and cheap $
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2005

I stayed at the Ramada on Broadway in late November while I was in town to get laser surgery on my eyes. This was the closest hotel to the clinic and at $85/night seemed a reasonable option. I won't be back. The room was nicely furnished but very cold and the thermostat didn't work at all. The lobby is being renovated and the way to the elevators is through an open construction zone which was inconvenient and the rude desk staff didn't offer directions until prompted. They asked for picture ID upon check-in, which I produced and it was promptly whisked away and photocopied. The copy was stapled to my registration card. I indicated that I expected to get that back upon check-out and was told that that was not going to happen. When I did check out, the same surly woman refused to give the woman in line ahead of me her photocopied drivers license and the woman simply left unhappy. I asked for mine, was refused, and so I ripped it off my registration card. The clerk YELLED for the manager. The manager said she wasn't going to physically force me to give it back (!) but that I would be expected to comply with this policy if I stayed there again.

Well of course I'm not staying there again. Copies of my identification don't belong in the hands of third-rate hotel clerks, or in anybody else's hands. I was told the policy was particular to this Ramada and not Ramada-wide, and that it originally had something to do with the war on terrorism. Oh brother. I felt like I was staying in a welfare flophouse. Maybe I was, maybe that's the market Ramada's after.

• Stayed November 2005
toronto, ont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

My mom and I stayed here for four nights in mid November. The room was completly renovated, new furniture and bathroom fixtures. The hotel is close to everything, lots of great restaurants on the street, bus stop at the front door...great coffee at the onsite restaurant

• Stayed November 2005
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

My wife and I decided to stay here due to the nearby car rental office and easy cab to the airport. The room allocated to us was very clean and had recently been renovated. We had a view of the back carpark but we didnt think it too bad as we only stayed one night. The restaurant and room sevice were very good and staff very friendly. There are plenty of other food outlets nearby so you have plenty of choices of where and what to eat. Reasonable room rates make this hotel a comeback to hotel. Their recent renovations hopefully, will include a good coat of paint on the outside. I think this hotel was good value for your money.

• Stayed September 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2005

Tip: Make sure you check in as early as you can. We were unable to and they were out of rooms with ocean views. Half of the rooms face the ocean and the other half are facing the alley! Anyways, the balconies are the highlights for this place. Not many places feature this so that's a big plus.

• Stayed February 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2004

I found the Ramada here to be pretty good and not too expensive. The room was clean and had a coffee maker, hair dryer and free newspaper. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was located right next to the bus stop so taking public transportation was convenient and the downtown area as well as most of the tourist sites were a short bus ride away. There were also places to eat and drink ie. a pub, fast food, Indian/Asian restaurants etc. within walking distance. The only thing I can say is that I wish there were a soda machine on the floor I was on and the street outside the hotel can be busy at times and the back view of the parking lot isn't great but these are very minor things. I would definately stay there again, no problems.

Been to Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway? Share your experiences!