“GREAT VALUE for those wanting safe clean friendly accom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown

You added Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   435 W. Pender Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1V2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Los Angeles
“GREAT VALUE for those wanting safe clean friendly accom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed 2 nights in early Nov.2011. The key is simply great value. Pros.... Great price,great location for this walking city,easy to walk to any of the action on Robson or nearby downtown,Super clean recently renovated room,Flat screen with cable worked well. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, If you prefer to spend your travel $ on exploring and eating and not on sitting in your room looking at your "view" this is one of the best choices in this wonderful city I know so well. Cons.... In an area generally considering "undesirable" ( but slowly gentrifying and close to high end areas), Street scene a little "funky" ( a few homeless beggars close by) However I never once felt in danger night or day.Inside hotel security seemed excellent. Its an old building that has been renoavated so its a bit creaky walking the long corridors. Perfect for younger world travelers or retired geezers traveling for fun. Had trouble getting my ipod touch to pick up wifi in the room but it worked well in the excellent coffee shop next door full of friendly international adventure travelers and the locals who seem to be student types mostly. All the best Bill.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We just completed a five-night stay at this gem of a hotel. I must acknowledge, even after reading so many positive reviews prior to our booking, that I expected less. First, and foremost, the staff are phenomenal; from the phone call minutes after checking in to see if everything in the room met with approval to the pleasant banter on each coming and going, the atmosphere was professional and friendly. The room was super clean. The location is fantastic for downtown shopping and for exploring the historic neighbourhood. It is also very accessible to transit--both the Waterfront Station and various bus routes. When we return to Vancouver, this is definitely to be our hotel of choice. This really is one time when the 'too good to be true' is in actuality better than expected. Thank you, Ramada Limited Downtown, for a superlative experience!

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager2324, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
We love getting reviews like this! It proves that our focus on Guest Service is appreciated by our guests. Our property is a great choice for anyone visiting Downtown Vancouver, whether it be to go shopping, dining, catching a cruise, going to a sporting event or concert, the Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver is a perfect choice. Also, if you call us directly to make your reservation, you will be given the BEST rate (you will not find a better rate online guaranteed!).
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My son and I arrived at the hotel a little after 10a.m to ask if we could store our luggage as we were on foot. The hotel staff were very helpful and offered us our room to settle in. I also asked if we could have a cot delivered to our room as I had a last minute guest arriving. The staff were great, and delivered the cot within a very short time. All of our interactions with the hotel staff was very positive and enjoyable. The hotel is old but quaint, and extremely clean. Breakfast is your typical continental, but does have hot options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Courteous check-in staff went out of their way to help with a hassle that I had with my credit card. I had lots of problems with my bank, but the staff persevered with me helpfully at all times and found a solution. Front desk, security, dining room and cleaning staff always had a smile for me during my 4-night stay.

Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Its small size was no problem for this solo traveler. I appreciated the stable tray table that allowed me to use my laptop with wi-fi in the room.

The buffet breakfast was a delight each day.

I also appreciated the guest laundry on the basement level, very handy and helpful!

The location is just a 5-minute flat walk from the Canada Line airport train, and the CBD, shopping centres, historical Gastown, Chinatown and the ferry and cruise terminal are all within a few minutes' walk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
What a great review! This guest covers all areas that make our property a wonderful choice for anyone visiting Downtown Vancouver! Thank you for taking the time to review the property, we really appreciate it!
world traveller
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We have stayed in so many Ramada hotels, all have been very good, but this old really lets the hotel line badly down.
We initally booked as it loked to be a very nice and old style hotel and we thoght it wold have character - the front hall and desk looked ok. Oh before this the valet parker said he could take the car and the charge is 25 dollars a day, being on a main road and not knowing the area we could only agree as we were messing with luggage and the passing traffic. Had we looked diagnally across the street we would have seen we could have parked ourselves for 10.50 a day. Oh well, never mind.
We were shown to room, not what we expected. The door almost touched the bed, the space was the same at the other side, small high windows looking over rooftops and the docks. Extremely dim light bulbs, we have used energysavers for a while, but this abused the privilage ! I could not see colours of our cothes and the bed was a total nightmare, so so uncomfortable, neither of us slept much at all.
We could hear guests getting ice from the machine which was 8 rooms away. The guests in the rooms next to ours could well have been sharing our room we could hear everything.
We left the next morning although we had booked for 3 nights.
I would avoid this hotel

Room Tip: chose another hotel. The Silvia is wonderful and one block n from Stanley Park, at beach, old and f...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I wish we had been given the chance to fix any issues you encountered before you left. In relation to the parking....yes, we do charge $25/day for a Valet Parking Service. Yes there is a lot accros the street, however, that lot is not $10.50/day like this review states...it is $10.50 only from 6am to 6pm, you cannot take your car in and out and it is also closed down over night and over the weekends. We are very aware of parking prices in Downtown Vancouver and the charge of $25/day is quite standard for the city. As mentioned in other reviews, we are a 100 year old historical building so our rooms are a little smaller than some newer properties. We get many comments about how comfortable our beds are so I was quite surprised to hear the comments in this review about the bed. I will certainly be discussing the bed and lighting issues you encountered with our management team and have these issues rectified right away. For all future guests, if you have ANY issues with your stay, please let us know and we will be happy to do whatever we can to fix those issues and make the remaining nights very comfortable.
Goiania, GO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed 26 nights in Ramada Limited Downtown and I recommend it without hesitation. The location was perfect for me, everything I needed was nearby (restaurants, shops, bus stops to every place in the city, and also Canada Line, Sky train and sea bus just two blocks away from the hotel, at the Water Front Station. As I stayed for almost a month, I was given a discount which made all the difference in my budget, and I was offered one of the best bedrooms. The staff was simply lovely, they really took care of me, as I was on my own and didn't know much on how to get to most places, they were always willing to help me. They did everything to make my stay enjoyable, comfortable and safe.

Room Tip: The highest floor (the sixth one) is quieter and the rooms with views of the West Pender street are...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Teslin, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

stayed here for when the canucks LOST the stanley cup.
had a really small room but it had a big flat screen.
the tv had a volume control though so we could barely hear the game.
the bathroom was a nice size and was almost as big as the room!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! That certainly was a difficult time for us here in Vancouver, losing the Stanley Cup in Game 7 to Boston! Our hotel was fullo f hockey fans and everyone had a great time! I have had my maintenance manager take a look at the volume control and all has been fixed! If anyone is thinking of visiting Vancouver, give us a call and ask for the "Book Direct" rate....you will not find a better rate anywhere online!!

Been to Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown? Share your experiences!