“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Vancouver Downtown

You added Ramada Vancouver Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Vancouver Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 Granville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1M6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

When you walk in the hotel, the lobby looks nice. And then when you go to the room, the rooms are small. It is a clean hotel, however, they need to upgrade their bathrooms. I couldn't get enough hot water for the shower. Parking was expensive, but it is a given if you're staying downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and will be discussing your comments to explore future upgrades to our guest bathrooms and to look at immediate improvements.

We hope to serve you again on a return trip into Downtown Vancouver

Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I came here by car which I parked the next street (Howe Street). I wanted to check in but I couldnt cause I had some problems with my creditcard/VISA. So I went to a bank the receptionist told me to and got some money and I went back and paid my stay by cash (which is not common!). So I went back to the car (to get my luggage) which was unfortunately anymore there cause I didnt see that I am not allowed to park there from 3pm to 6pm. I was kinda worried what I should or could do so I went back to the reception and told Mihaela Birzan my problem. She made a few phone calls to get the information where my car is and what kinda procedure I should follow. Another really helpful and nice person at the reception was Sam which took me to the parking lot to collect my car. So far I can tell with this experience I will definitly recommend this Hotel to all of my friends and my family. Thanks for the service and helpful environment just for the first day, I am looking forward to stay longer here!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a guest review.

We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry your vehicle was towed by the city. We are very happy that our Front Office team was able to assist you and we are very proud of the customer service provided by Mihaela and Sammi. We will share your comments with our front office team.

We look forward to serving you again with your hotel needs in Vancouver.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

First of all I want to say I have traveled extensively for the past 25 years and have stayed at hundreds of hotels.These hotels have been from one end of the spectrum to the other. I can count on one hand the times I have such exemplary service as I received at the Ramada on Granville in Vancouver. It started with Sara at check in and continued with everyone that we had contact with while there. The manger a young European lady who's name I misplaced and cannot remember but I know it started with an M was so accommodating . I'm not saying it's the Ritz or the Four Seasons but for the location,price and the attentive staff it is an outstanding property and I would recommend it to anyone. A bonus is the Morrissey Pub located next door. We loved this cool eclectic very one of a kind pub with the BEST bar food I have ever eaten.
outstanding pub food and a great place to hang and have a beer.

Room Tip: King suite was our fav.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass them along to our Guest Services and Restaurant teams. We are very proud of Sara and Mihaela for the outstanding customer service them provide at Ramada Vancouver Downtown. Morrissey's Irish House is a Vancouver locals favorite and has been enjoyed by our guests for over a decade.

We look forward to serving you on a future trip through the city.

Revelstoke, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Typical for Vancouver, parking is an extra fee here and very scarce. The lot is beside the building in an alley way that didn't feel very safe. The lobby is very nice and the staff are pleasant. The hallways to the rooms are dated, but well kept. The restaurant downstairs is a good option if you don't want to go far for grub.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We appreciate you feedback and your right in the scarcity of parking in Vancouver. We enjoy some of the lower rates in parking on our side of downtown and we do provide valet services in addition to self parking.

We look forward to serving you on a return trip through the city.

Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Been to Ramada Vancouver Downtown? Share your experiences!