“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Vancouver Downtown

You added Ramada Vancouver Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Vancouver Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 Granville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1M6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #74 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay here for three nights. We arrived early and the woman behind the counter offered us a free upgrade to a suite, she then gave us vouchers to go and have a free drink at the bar next door. When we arrived back from the bar our bags had been placed in our room. The staff were friendly throughout our stay. The location is perfect and we did not hear much noise from the street.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Good day,
We strive to provide the best service possible, with the highest regards to quality of your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in our city.
Happy holidays,
Rajiv Jackson Singh
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay overall at this Hotel. Staff was bang on handling everything and super helpful within capability. With those flexibilities they have built-in (ie. check in and out times, luggage storage, advice..), and just timely helpfulness, this hotel gets my vote. My sleep there actuallly rejuvenated me after coming in slightly sleep deprived.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada on Granville Street for 4 nights as I was passing through the city before traveling up to Whistler. The hotel is situated in downtown vancouver which is a brilliant spot. Our room was upgraded for free - so we had more room and the staff were brilliant offering advice and their help at all stages of the stay. The room was clean, warm and had everything you might need. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I give this place my thumbs up. From allowing me to check in super early and upgrading my room for free, I can't sing the praises enough. The club downstairs gets noisy sometimes on thur, Fri and sat nights, but its not really that bad! I will definitely come and stay here again. Brilliant!

• Stayed November 2012
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Ramada is situated on the busy Granville St in the heart of downtown Vancouver and can be very busy and noisy. my room was on the top floor but i was still disturbed several times during the night. as my room was on the top floor i had to take the rather rickety elevator which seemed to be struggling a little. My room was cosy and adequate and good value with friendly service from the hotel staff. The hotel is very handy for the shops and sights.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms away from the street are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I just recently attended a one week course in Vancouver. I searched hotels for the best deal and found that the Ramada offered a much better deal than even the discount hotels recommended to me. I received a discount for booking online in advance and for booking four days consecutively. One week before my course I called to see if I could have a small refrigerator added to the room. When I arrived I was surprised to learn that I had been upgraded to a kitchenette suit free of charge. My room was clean and of course the staff were very helpful. I particularly appreciated that they held my bags for me after checkout. Interesting tidbit; a quick consensus of the close fifty others attending the same course, confirmed I had the best deal for accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Granville Street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Surrey, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were staying downtown for a large concert. The hotel I usually booked was full so we gave this a try. Easy walk to the venue, close to shops and restaurants. It was a good alternative.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Vancouver Downtown? Share your experiences!