We booked a room at the Ramada Inn at short notice after changing our plans at the last minute whilst travelling through BC. We wanted a reasonable hotel quite near the train station and this one came up trumps.
Value wise the hotel was perfect - we paid $73 for the room for the night. The staff that we dealt with on the reception desk were friendly and helpful offering us a wake up call and calling a cab to take us to the station.
We didn't stay long, checking it around 11pm one night and checking out before 7am the next day.
We had been a litle concerned about noise as we approached the hotel - it's located in the heart of Granville Street's nightlife district and we speculated as to whether we'd get any sleep. As it turned out we were given a room at the back of the hotel so street noise was not a worry.
The room itself was fairly small and compact with very little space to move around the bed. Having said that it was well equiped and spotlessly clean. We didn't even unpack and collapsed into bed straightway so it was fine for our needs.
I mentioned that we were worried about noise and it was internal noise rather than street noise that caused the issue. Immediately after retiring we were disturbed regularly by people coming and going noisily through the corridor outside our door.
Things went from bad to worse when we were awoken by a guy playing a harmonica after 1am! This went on for a couple of hours until an irate guest talked him through some home truths!
Luckily we were so tired that we slept or at least snoozed through most of the noise but our sleep was not as restful as it could or should have been. To be fair to the hotel we didn't have the energy to get out of bed to report the noise so they didn't have the opportunity to resolve the problem.
Overall the hotel met our needs at a bargain price so we couldn't really complain. Our one request would've been for a more peaceful night!
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites - Downtown Vancouver Hotel
- Ramada Inn And Suites - Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Ramada Inn Vancouver
- Ramada Inn Hotel
- Ramada Vancouver
- Vancouver Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our quests spoke and we listened. Ramada Inn & Suites is proud to offer newly renovated rooms with updated decor, bathrooms and bedding. Our new WiFi (May 23, 2008) will greatly expand our coverage and more upscale additions in the coming months. Enjoy comfort, quality and convenience. Close to shopping, restaurants, attractions and nightlife. Entertainment District location close to city transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Vancouver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.