“Good Budget hotel with a fantastic location..!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Vancouver Downtown

You added Days Inn Vancouver Downtown to your Saves list
Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   921 W. Pender Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1M2, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #58 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Mumbai, India
“Good Budget hotel with a fantastic location..!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Its located a stone's throw away from the Convention center and City Center from where all the attractions and tours begin. Amidst all 5 star hotels, this one may not appeal to the elite, but then it is the best one to stay close to the downtown for a budgeted traveler.
Highly recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Doesn't really make a difference. All are in proximity to the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,
I agree with you 100%. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review about us. Best!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Matera, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was at Days inn Vancouver downtown hotel from 09-27-13 to 01-10-13.

I received the receipt for a total amount of 1.160,28 Canadian dollars and I paid it by my credit card

coming back home I found two charges in hotel's favour checking my card bank account for the following amounts 844,64 and 181,99 euros for a total amount of 1026,63 euros (1446,93 Canadian dollars).
I mailed to the Hotel asking for the overcharging and their reply was they charged 250 CAD for their no smoking policy.
Funny enough nobody of us smoked in the room but only outside the washroom window, but worst of all the over charge for smoking in the room was neither mentioned in my bill, nor the receptionist told me about the withdraw on my credit card.
After my enquiring about the difference between the withdraw and the bill they sent me a new receipt copy different from the previous one, this time the 250 CAD were mentioned and the total amount was the same charged on my credit card.
I wrote to the General Manager Ms Hanna, but I haven't got any reply yet!
In addition the staff was pretty rude, not English speaking chambermaids, dusty and dirty room and haired bath!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Giacinto,
I answered your email as soon as I returned from our Thanksgiving Holiday.
At check-in as a Standard Operating Procedure our Front Desk Staff mentiones the 250 fine for smoking and asks the guest to sign the registration card which I scanned and emailed you. Smoking is banned in all public spaces and workplace as of March 2008 within a 3 metre radius of doors, open windows and air intakes.
I am sorry, nevertheless, this is a rule you signed up for and we had to place the room out of order for a couple of days as it is not fair for a guest purchasing a smoke free environment to get such a room.
Sincerely
Holon, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wow, the best chice I have ever made when choosing a hotel - was to choose Days Inn Vancouver Downtown! The rates were great, the hotel itself is perfectly located just 1 block from Canada Center... great service, comfort beds, free Wi-Fi, nice restaurant for breakfast and lunch... just 1 block from the metro and SkyTrain... what can I say? I will go back there anytime!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the elevator, would be more quite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Elad,
On behalf of all the staff and myself, Thank You So Much for your fabulous review and putting a smile on our face. All the best!

Been to Days Inn Vancouver Downtown? Share your experiences!