You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1110 Howe Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z1R2, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #58 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Montreal
“Great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn while on business in Vancouver. Well located. Great friendly staff at Front Desk and restaurant. The bed was comfortable, nice shower. Spacious room. Great place to stay. I would recommend any time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend, in a room with a king bed. The bed was awesome, and there was a mini fridge which was handy too.The bar area was nice too, and both bartenders were great. Kris on the front desk at check out was very friendly and professional, as was the gentleman was a pink tie (I think!)on check in, and all the rest of the front desk staff we spoke to. The blonde lady on the concierge desk gave us a great breakfast recommendation of the Templeton, just round the corner.

Hotel is close to everything, right next to Granville street, whilst the hotel itself is on the much much quieter Howe street.

I work front desk at a hotel up in Whistler and was very impressed with the quality of this place and their staff. So much so that we will be coming back in the next few days!

Room Tip: We requested a room with a balcony, it was a nice touch to the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Good day Ben C,

Thank you for the great review. Really pleased you enjoyed your time here on property. I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our Food and Beverage team as well as Kris our GM.

Looking forward to return visit from Whistler.

Warm regards

Tanner
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Valentine's Day. Overall it's a nice hotel with modern feel. Also a plus is it's within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and clubs. The only trouble was one of the reasons we booked this hotel was the 24 hour pool, which sounded fun. Later that night when we actually tried to go for a swim we learned that because they had a frat staying at the hotel the pool was closing early. Since we never actually got to go swimming we were a bit disappointed, so be careful when you book this hotel. The 24 hour pool may not be as advertised.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good day Kindra E,

Thank you for sharing your review. I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's weekend. I am pleased you enjoyed the updated look of the property and the convenient location to restaurants and attractions. I apologize for the inconvenience with the pool. We did have to close it overnight for those two nights on health and safety concerns.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards

Tanner
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This will be simple and sweet. I checked in early, and I was placed into a room that had some issues with the heating. The hotel then changed my room. I was upgraded to the executive floor and given a king bed. The new room was extremely spacious and lovely. The gym was amazing. The hotel food was good also. I enjoyed it and would do it again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Kris S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Greetings Brandy M,

I admit I read your review with mixed emotions! On the one hand, I am disappointed the heating in your original room was being challenging, but I am thrilled to see that we turned the experience around for you and made your stay even better!

We look forward to being of service again in the near future!

Best regards,

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel. I chose to stay here for the weekend solely based off of the fact that their pool was open 24 hours a day. When my group and I arrived to the location, we were told that the pool was not going to be open for 24 hours a day (which went against their advertisement) and we were promised free parking for the days we spent there in consolation for not being able to use the pool. When it came to check out we asked for our free parking and the person checking us out dismissed it completely and didn't even bother explaining.
I will be sure to not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Good day Howerbia09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate that our decision to close the pool early was an inconvenience, but it was a health and safety decision that we had to honour. Speaking of honour, I am disappointed to hear that we offered complimentary parking and then did not deliver.

I welcome you to contact me directly so that we can resolve this privately.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great location, nice rooms and good service. The bar and food in the lobby is good also. Only negative is no fridge in the room. The wifi works well and the pool is worth a visit too. Would definately stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello again rainsie,

Funny running into you on this forum :)
As mentioned on our other site, I wanted to thank you for your great feedback and welcome you to keep spreading the word!

See you next time,

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Newly renovated rooms enhance the outstanding service here! Friendly staff are always ready to give a hand and even remember your name!
Large desks are convenient for work, fitness facility and pool available, as is room service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hi there RNyhan,

I am thrilled to read about your positive feedback for our property! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cheers,

Kris Szylowski

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown? Share your experiences!