“Good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Robson St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2A8, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members up to 10% off
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very nice week long stay for business. Staff friendly, helpful, but not intrusive.

Thought the location was good for strolling around this side of downtown. Easy walk 2 blocks to/from Stadium/Chinatown Skytrain station (while I probably wouldn't have wanted to walk this in the dark with a ton of bags, felt fairly safe in the day/dusk walking with luggage - one of the blocks is fairly busy while the other is "quiet"/not as populated). Free shuttle available for downtown drop off only (you find your own ride back). While this was handy one day, you may need to call right at 7am to see when it will be available. I found it easier to just walk over to the train station. Can buy FareSaver passes (at least for now, there is a transition to a new system "coming soon") at various stores (ie, 7-11, some newstands, etc) for reduced fare train rides. there is a 7-11 just one block from the Hampton (NOT the same direction as the train station though), but I found it easier to buy at the airport 7-11 before arriving at the hotel).
Grocery store IGA, I think, a few blocks away up Robson. Another easy walk, maybe 4-5 blocks or so. Fridge and microwave in my room (I think in all).

Across street from stadium. Nice view facing stadium to see different colors lights lighting stadium at night. I would think any room 8th floor and above on the east side would have a good view. Terrace on 16th floor for everyone to view. Laundry room 16th floor has terrace where you can wait if you like, too. No significant noise when I was there.

Elevator was a minor downside, but it was tolerable. Have to have your room key ready to swipe for every ride - including the one AFTER you use the on-screen or by-phone checkout, so don't leave your key in your room as the express checkout instructions say. On the other hand, it is secure!

The booklet in room said there was a place to put recyclables, but I never found it. Ice machine on select floors.

Room very clean. Even an umbrella provided (this means it rains a lot here!). Plenty of outlets. Bedding very comfy.

Breakfast fairly standard Hampton fare. An adequate array of hot and cold choices. Fruit available in lobby and even the fitness room. Breakfast staff always working hard to keep items replenished. Hand sanitizer available (a nice touch, many places don't have).

Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Kapolei, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Overall a great stay. Helpful staff and great service.

Pros:
-Free Breakfast
-Free Wifi
-Very helpful staff that came out to meet us as we drove up to help with bags.
-Great location (right next to the Stadium)
-New hotel restaurant , Bogart's, is excellent.

Cons:
-Lots of construction was going on with the roads nearby with the road next to the hotel (Robson St.) closed during the day. So at first it is a little confusing getting to the entrance which is actually off the street.
-The free breakfast is in a mezzanine area that is not accessible by elevator. My mom who has trouble walking up and downstairs had to walk up to get the free breakfast area. Not a major issue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We just returned from our business trip to Downtown Vancouver. The hotel was amazing! The rooms we very clean and comfortable. The staff were fantastic. On the date of check out, I returned to the front desk to see if my phone charger had been turned in, and to my suprise I had also forgotten my Ipad and book in the room. All three items were waiting for me at safely at front desk! It was wonderful to have such honest staff! Thank you for a great stay.

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn when I was in Vancouver for work. I travel with the Nanny and my 17 month old daughter so we wanted some where I could easily drive from for work and that they could find lots to do in walking distance. The hotel was very clean and we had a suite with a kitchen. The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed including a dishwasher. This hotel is very close to restaurants (The one in the hotel was under renovation but we went to Frankie's next door and they were amazing.) The breakfast in the morning was ample and we found the staff very helpful. There was a mix up with the billing and they charged us twice. One quick phone call and that was all fixed. I would recommend this property and will stay there again.

Dawson Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I liked the hotel staff were excellent. Rooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast was ok. It was convenient. I had to leave early and wanted a quick hot meal. The quality of the breakfast is not worth the extra you pay for breakfast. I don’t think there is a restaurant on site and that may be why the quality is not there. I wanted the hot food but ended up eating cold yogurt due to the poor tasting hot breakfast options.

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Booked the hotel as part of a package arrangement thru British Airways. Picked the hotel because of the central location and seemed like an ideal place to start our short visit.

Greeted and booked in to a nice suite with all facilities. Reception staff very helpful and recommended a great restaurant (Frankies) next door after our long trip from London.

Slept in a comfortable bed and rose to a great help yourself breakfast which was included in the room price.

Staff were excellent throughout and when I mentioned we had been woken early by some contractors on the building next door on day three light was made of the situation by us all - to my surprise when I checked out the following morning the hotel had booked and paid for my taxi to the airport! That was both unexpected and very good of the reception team. Thanks for that.

Would certainly be happy in recommending as a great place for a vacation with all of Vancouver close by in terms of shopping, restaurants and museums all in easy reach.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor at the rear - no issues apart from contractors building across the way.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights in Hampton Inn & Suites on Robson. Its straight opposite the BC Stadium so got the bonus of a football (sorry, soccer) match! Whitecaps v LA Galaxy. Location of hotel is great, just a walk from everything! Room was top class and the bed was divine. Wifi worked really well and it was free! Staff very friendly and always helpful. Breakfast varied between great and average depending on the day and the contents of the hot buffet trays (not really into turkey sausages or cheese omelettes, but when there was scrambled egg on the menu it was great). The fresh fruit salad in the morning was great. If you really insist on a negative then our only one was at check in which was a bit slow. Caused by a guest suddenly deciding to check out at 9.30pm and a day early! However, when our turn came to check in the apologies were profuse and we could understand the situation. So no big negative from us! We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver? Share your experiences!