Very nice week long stay for business. Staff friendly, helpful, but not intrusive.
Thought the location was good for strolling around this side of downtown. Easy walk 2 blocks to/from Stadium/Chinatown Skytrain station (while I probably wouldn't have wanted to walk this in the dark with a ton of bags, felt fairly safe in the day/dusk walking with luggage - one of the blocks is fairly busy while the other is "quiet"/not as populated). Free shuttle available for downtown drop off only (you find your own ride back). While this was handy one day, you may need to call right at 7am to see when it will be available. I found it easier to just walk over to the train station. Can buy FareSaver passes (at least for now, there is a transition to a new system "coming soon") at various stores (ie, 7-11, some newstands, etc) for reduced fare train rides. there is a 7-11 just one block from the Hampton (NOT the same direction as the train station though), but I found it easier to buy at the airport 7-11 before arriving at the hotel).
Grocery store IGA, I think, a few blocks away up Robson. Another easy walk, maybe 4-5 blocks or so. Fridge and microwave in my room (I think in all).
Across street from stadium. Nice view facing stadium to see different colors lights lighting stadium at night. I would think any room 8th floor and above on the east side would have a good view. Terrace on 16th floor for everyone to view. Laundry room 16th floor has terrace where you can wait if you like, too. No significant noise when I was there.
Elevator was a minor downside, but it was tolerable. Have to have your room key ready to swipe for every ride - including the one AFTER you use the on-screen or by-phone checkout, so don't leave your key in your room as the express checkout instructions say. On the other hand, it is secure!
The booklet in room said there was a place to put recyclables, but I never found it. Ice machine on select floors.
Room very clean. Even an umbrella provided (this means it rains a lot here!). Plenty of outlets. Bedding very comfy.
Breakfast fairly standard Hampton fare. An adequate array of hot and cold choices. Fruit available in lobby and even the fitness room. Breakfast staff always working hard to keep items replenished. Hand sanitizer available (a nice touch, many places don't have).
Would stay again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn