“Cannot Beat This Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Robson St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2A8, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members up to 10% off
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
florida
“Cannot Beat This Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel was wonderful!!! The complimentary shuttle and bikes with the breakfast each morning really made it super great deal for us. One night after a long day’s work/adventure, we just went to the Jacuzzi and soaked our feet. The sauna was great as well!! Our room was quiet and clean with a view of the neon-lit BC Stadium. Breakfast included eggs and sausage daily with scones, oatmeals, cereals, fruit, juices – everything we needed. The waffles we made each day were our very favorite. About two blocks up the street from the hotel, 489 Robson, there was a grocery store, MarketPlace, which enabled us to stock our room refrigerator. The bicycle rental enabled trips through Stanley Park, to Granville Island, Chinatown, and Gastown. The staff was very friendly and provided great solutions to any challenge we had for them. The location was good as well. Though we were traveling to the convention center each day, the shuttle made it very convenient and we could either walk back to the hotel (which was a pleasant, 20 minute walk or so) or take the train (4 minute journey). Upon our arrival was the most pleasant orange and strawberry water. We purchased the 10 ticket books for the train from the airport (7 eleven domestic terminal), so it made taking the train very easy. The shuttle and bikes must be reserved each day. The hotel was also very safe. Hotel room keys operated the elevators and the surrounding areas outside of the hotel seemed clean and safe, no matter how late. We arrived to the hotel at dark and left in the early morning hours. They also provided bottled a water. Another bonus. It was truly a delight staying at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband, friend and I spent the last 6 days at the Hampton in downtown Vancouver. The location on Robson was great.....adjacent to the stadium where the Canucks play. It was very convenient for getting around the town and shopping. The hotel is very comfortable and clean. Our only problem with them was a television that wouldn't work, and wasn't replaced until the second night of our stay. The staff at the desk were not particularly helpful or friendly. The breakfast bar was great though, and the folks working there were very nice. Good stay overall.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The GM at Hampton knew my last stay there was less-than-stellar, and she was very pro-active about changing my experience this time around. Checking in was fast, efficient, and I had a suite with a small kitchen, living room area, bedroom and standard bathroom. The bathroom, tub, (nowadays I usually check it first), was spotless, immaculate! The usual chocolates on arrival are a nice touch, and they are great, but I do prefer the ones they used to give. I am also not a fan of white chocolate, which is not even truly chocolate, but I was fortunate enough to not get any. I received a nice little gift basket which I considered very thoughtful of the GM and I appreciated it very much. I noticed this time around, there was a larger selection of movies to choose from, which is nice.

The only thing I could complain about was something I seem to run into with every hotel I stay at, no matter what the brand. That is the Barbie-sized coffee makers with a carafe smaller than larger ceramic cups I've in the past drank coffee from. They are perhaps two small cups full at the most, and being more of a power-coffee drinker who enjoys top quality coffee, pretty much every hotel I stay at fails there.

The breakfast there is free, but nothing great and I sometimes have opted to go have breakfast elsewhere, but I freely admit to being something of a finicky eater. I usually want breakfast, but I usually avoid it if there are a lot of children/toddlers running around, screaming, playing, as I am not a fan of that. I tend to enjoy top quality foods and would only go to A&W, McDonald's, Burger King, etc., if I were on the brink of intense starvation and nothing else was available. Their breakfast is certainly superior to those junk food outlets I mentioned, but if there are many a noisy rug-rat, I would sooner eat my breakfast elsewhere, perhaps in my room or another restaurant. The restaurant, Zachary's has some pretty good food and great service. One young woman working there, a very kind, sweet, hard-working Latina is clearly intent on doing a great job for you, but the poor thing looks so stressed out. I hope she will take time to "breathe", learn to relax a little and know she can still do a great job without putting herself through that stress. My only complaint about that place is the hours of some days seem to be less available.

The Hampton also has laundry facilities you can use on the 16th floor, at any time, which I find very convenient. Their complimentary Internet access is something I always use and it has always been working, so I am very happy with that.

The one "pet peeve" I have with the Hampton is that they are not pet-friendly, but Hilton family hotels elsewhere are, such as the Hilton in Burnaby, BC. I don't know if that will ever change, but if it does, I would bring my pets to stay with me. I realize that they sometimes suffer from separation anxiety, so it would just be easier to bring them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Because I spend most of my week on the road, I usually try as much as possible to stay away from the "Value" brands of chains. So when the Hampton Vancouver was recommended to me I almost declined...but I am glad I did not.

First of all, the rooms rivaled anything that a full-service hotel would offer, and we're, in fact, bigger than most of them. They were nicely appointed and the best part...you could actually control the temperature in your room (the thermostat actually worked).

The free breakfast was decent, as was the location to everywheree you may wish to get to in Vancouver.

The ONLY drawback was the parking. If you have a large car, you'll have a heck of a time in the garage...and in most garages in Vancouver you'll find the same thing.

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

great location, only a 20 minute cab ride from airport right into downtown area. we loved that not only is it what we expected of the hotel chain but even better as there was a ping pong table as well as foosball up on the 16th floor! we walked to nearby Yaletown and checked out most of the downtown area and then headed up for some family fun! nice walk to False Creek where we took a boat to Granville Island. Near BC Place, for those Hockey fans. Complimentary waters and local calls, as well as chocolates at check in! Only complaint was one morning there was a huge rush at breakfast and they ran out fast... it was replenished but took a little time to do that.

Room Tip: no pool but there was an oversized jacuzzi with splendid views. Odd numbered rooms had views of BC p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Loacated across from BC Place, easy to get o/ from. Good quality hotel - newer, nice rooms, helpful staff. Good self- serve breakfast included.

Room Tip: There is some adjacent construction, so ask for a room on other side of the bulding.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay on the 15th floor, overlooking BC Stadium and Robson Street. Easy walk to Chinatown, Robson Street shopping, Rogers Arena and just across the street from the BC Stadium. We had a king suite, which was roomy, quite and had a small kitchen. Bed and pillows were comfortable. The included breakfast buffet was the typical Hampton Inn offering, OK but not great. Parking is about $26/d.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver? Share your experiences!