“We all loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nelson House B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Nelson House B & B
You added Nelson House B & B to your Saves list
977 Broughton St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 2A4, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 63 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Florida
“We all loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I were there for a few days in March. The facilities were clean as a whistle, the ambiance was perfect, the breakfasts were outstanding, the hosts Michael and David couldn't have been nicer.

What more can I say? Oh, yes. I forget to mention, location, location, location! You don't need a car but if you have one, they offer free off street parking. Just about everything is walking distance.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have private bath.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you folks. We loved having you. Please come back for Vancouver's warm summer weather;)

Cheers, David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 6 nights. We were in the top floor suite. It was great! Michael took great care of us. His breakfasts were AMAZING! And you have to try the lemon poppyseed bread- it's the best I've ever had. He knew a lot about the area and things to do. He kept us updated on the weather. I also met Lisa briefly and she was also very lovely. We loved the family photos on the 2nd floor of the owners and their families. The next time I visit Vancouver I will definitely stay at the Nelson House B & B.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you both again.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Found the hosts to be helpful and accommodating. The B&B is on a quiet street, but very close to a number of main streets that have anything you might need. Enjoyed the cabin room, with a soft, cozy bed and Canadiana decor, although the door to the ensuite bathroom isn't as private as a full door might be. On the other hand, the room was so quiet I had no idea there were other guests until breakfast. And the breakfast was delicious - easily the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed March 2014
"Breakfast" is one half of our name. We are so glad that you enjoyed!
All the best until the next time, David
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in the Shangri-La suite. Our first impression was that the house had a lot of character, the person that greeted us at the door was very friendly and accommodating. They have parking (a few spots actually) a short distance up the street, we drove a truck and were able to easily park there. We got a tour of the house after checking in and were shown to our suite upstairs at the top. The suite was rather large although the kitchen roof was a little low, that being said, this is a vintage house, which was cool enough in itself to over look something like that. We will say that we really enjoyed the house, it is an old house though and won't be for everyone, but it's something we liked!

When you get there, they tell you you can use the living room downstairs, but the suite itself is furnished enough to were we didn't feel the need to. The house itself is located within walking distance to Robson Street, where there are many shops and restaurants, even a grocery store (Safeway). The majority of our stay was spent relaxing in the suite and out on the patio which is connected to the suite, relaxing was the main goal of this excursion!

As for the morning we woke up and went downstairs for breakfast at 9am, we found 2 other couples had shown up and decided to join them for breakfast. It was a good decision as it was fun to talk with the 2 other couples and the food was great. We would come back and stay again.

Room Tip: Shangri-La suite is a great choice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The B&B was clean, cute and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious every morning and the company was fantastic between the guests and Michael and David, the hosts. I am already looking for the next free weekend so I can take my family.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hollywood room and it was great. I saw the suite upstairs and that is where I'll...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks so much! Your taking the time to review us kindly is so important to us here at Nelson House. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best, David
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This location was great for a solo traveller without a car. I could get around the safe and vibrant streets of the West End on foot. I could probably stay for two weeks without running out of restaurants, cafes and bakeries to try. It was close enough to Stanley Park that I could head there for a morning stroll and be back in time for a delicious hot breakfast. My room was comfortable, quiet, and contained a lot of interesting decorative details. I used the shared washroom but it was always available and clean. I arrived after check-in, but my key was waiting for me, and my room was prepared with some jazz music and a fresh cookie!

Room Tip: I loved the view of the garden from the Vienna room, but it would possibly be louder in the summer f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the great review, Kristy. We still have some neighbourhood secrets to share on your next visit!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Nelson House has sure earned its great reviews. Stayed in the Hollywood room for two days. The room is creatively decorated to match its name, and very comfortable. We were greeted with a thorough introduction about what is where in Vancouver, and also found an excellent list of recommendations in the room. Breakfast is generous and very tasty. Reserved parking is available up the street. Thanks David and Michael for a great stay in Vancouver!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks folks! I see that you have travelled widely, so it's doubly nice to be appreciated!!
Cheers, David

Been to Nelson House B & B? Share your experiences!