Stayed in Vancouver for three nights, originally going to spend a night at the Pacific Spirit Hostel (also on campus). Ended up upgrading to Gage Apartments for a studio suite as the walls for the dorms at Pacific Spirit were paper thin and the mens bathroom was on a floor above or below me. if I had to do it again, would have just stayed at my downtown hotel for a third night and taken a bus to visit the campus and parks
Pros for Gage Towers:
- Right on campus
- Kitchenette (fully stocked with plates/utensils/cooking equipment)
- Towels and soap provided in rooms
- Free breakfast at the Student Union across the street
- No air conditioning
- Can easily find comparable or lower rates at other places around town and easily drive or bus to campus.
- Nothing going on around the entire area. Campus is dead during the summer as to be expected but the surrounding area is also COMPLETELY DEAD. From my experience on other large campuses there is usually a little neighborhood with restaurants and bars that is active year round. There is an off campus area called University Place but literally the only place that was open at 8pm on a Saturday was McDonald's. Sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From mid-May through August, a wide array of accommodations available from shared apartments, to private studios and 1-bedroom suites on the beautiful UBC Vancouver campus. Only 20 minutes by car to downtown or the airport. The Gage Residence is within walking distance to UBC bus loop, restaurants, shops, recreational facilities and attractions. Our newly renovated, fully equipped private suites provide the best value in Vancouver starting at $119. Our B&B rates in the shared apartments starting at $45 per night. Everyone can stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Gage Residence at UBC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gage Towers At Ubc Hotel Vancouver
- Gage Hotel Vancouver