“Upscale hotel in a fantastic setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Granville Island Hotel

You added Granville Island Hotel to your Saves list
Granville Island Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1253 Johnston Street | Granville Island, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3R9, Canada (Fairview)   |
Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Abbotsford, Canada
“Upscale hotel in a fantastic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Granville Island Hotel. The staff were pleasant and accommodating to our needs, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds had good quality linens on them, and the modern decor was clean and inviting. We had a gorgeous water view, and zero traffic noise because of where the hotel is situated. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Bowen Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Granville Island Hotel for one night this week. I gave a presentation in one of their meeting rooms which was expertly set up and monitored by the staff. My guests were greeted and welcomed as they came in and then shown to the meeting room - they were impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. I traveled with my Boston Terrier, Sophie, who was treated like the queen of Granville Island for the night and we went for some lovely walks in the area - very peaceful! Room service was excellent and again -the staff very helpful. All in all, was an excellent experience right from booking to checking out.... and I travel a LOT! I recommend this hotel for it's location and charm - anytime!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on trip advisor!

I am very pleased that you and your Sophie enjoyed your stay! Our hotel offers an amazing location for people traveling with their pets because of the close proximity to parks.

I am pleased to hear that your function went well. We call ourselves the small meeting specialists because we go out of our way to provide only the best service.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Vancouver.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have stayed here a number of times for business and with my family. It is the perfect location near the water, all the museums, the water taxis and the great Market. The people working at the Hotel are so friendly and helpful, I will certainly return. The restaurant has very good food and looks out on the water too. We have a dog so like that it's pet friendly and they have a pet daycare that can pick up at the Hotel too. You can also rent bikes nearby for touring.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is my second visit to Granville Island Hotel in eight years and both times have been exceptional; last time I didn’t know about tripadvisor though!

I’ve been here for nine days and I couldn’t be happier. I looked at a few different rooms and they vary in size and view. They’re currently renovating all the bathrooms and the new look is beautiful; even nicer than the Hyatt Regency where I stayed a few days prior to this hotel. All the rooms have been remodeled with nice big screen TVs, very comfortable beds and nice décor. Even the bathrooms in the rooms where the bathrooms have not yet been remodeled are still very nice. I recommend room 326… vaulted ceiling with cedar beams, king bed, wet bar and a fantastic water view… at a standard room price.

The service is fantastic… in nine days I’ve only encountered nice, friendly, helpful, courteous, attentive and caring employees. A special shout-out to Christine, AJ, Oleg Adam and Kim for their help. They go above and beyond and seem to really enjoy making sure the guests are happy. The housekeeping service is excellent; the room was spotless every day. At the hotel’s restaurant where I ate often, the service was attentive and friendly; they even went out of their way tonight to make a strawberry compote for the cheesecake because I didn’t want the cherry compote! They asked me if I wouldn’t mind waiting as they offered to make it from scratch… highly worth the wait. I also recommend the huevos rancheros for breakfast. The food is excellent and the view is amazing.

Granville Island is an oasis inside a city. If you’re looking for an active nightlife then this isn’t the right fit. If you’re looking for a walk-able and relaxing spot then this couldn’t be better! I travel often, I stay in many nice hotels and I really can’t find any suggestions for improvement here. In Vancouver, I’ll only stay here from now on.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your hotel stay! We really appreciate your feedback!
Due to your long stay, you really got to experience everything the Granville Island Hotel has to offer!
We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Vancouver!

Cheers,

Christine Louden
Mississauga, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Stayed at the Granville Island Hotel for a conference meeting. It is located ~30mins cab ride from Vancouver airport on Granville Island. The location is amazing, Granville Island is a tourist hotspot, filled with art galleries and a indoors farmers market which is a must see and great place for lunch.

The hotel is located right on the water. Very helpful and polite staff, they will go the extra mile for you. The hotel is very modern, with the feel of a boutique 5 star hotel. Restaurant in the hotel, plus many on Granville Island to choose from. Hotel also has a sauna and hot tub for use. The rooms are very clean, equipped with large flat screen TV and complimentary internet.

A good launching pad if you are staying in Vancouver.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I haven't stayed at this hotel since it was a raving nightclub back in the 80's. Being older all I thought was I need to get a room away from the music - only to find it has grown up as well and offers the nicest location in Vancouver with outstanding rooms and one of the best restaurants in Vancouver.
I could not have asked for a better location and diamond hidden away but yet so close to everything. Outstanding hotel and the beds are so so comfortable. Thank You DND/CF for recommending this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor!

We really appreciate it! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Vancouver!
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Great service (especially at the front desk and in the restaurant). Great food. Great views. Superb location. What more could a traveller ask for--except for maybe free parking. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Granville Island hotel! We really appreicate your feedback! As a manager we feel very lucky to have such a great front desk staff!

We are currently working to create packages that include parking as we realize it is an added expense.

Thank you again for your time and kind words.

Cheers,

Christine Louden

Been to Granville Island Hotel? Share your experiences!