“Beautiful Venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orpheum Theatre

Orpheum Theatre
Granville and Smithe Streets, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604-665-3050
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 150 Attractions in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1927, this restored theater is home to the Vancouver Symphony.
vancouver
18 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Such art in the design of this venue is what makes it amazing. No matter what you are there to see take the time to look around at its architecture

Visited August 2013

Vancouver, Canada
33 attraction reviews
“Grand Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

So nice being here among the interesting historic architecture! The seats are comfortably spaced apart. Shows are always good.

Visited July 2014
Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
“Grand old venue with good sound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was passing through Vancouver and noticed that Nick Cave was playing at this venue. Not ever having been before I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the building especially as I was expecting Nick Cave to be playing at a pub venue. Seating was not that comfortable but to be expected with the era of the building, great acoustics and a good bar. Over all a great experience.

Visited July 2014
“Beautiful venue, some terrible staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

During a concert a wonderful opening band was playing, and usually nobody stands for opening bands so they decided to call out and tell us to jump on our feet and dance. Ofcourse, like every other concert I've been to, the audience makes their way to the front to wave their hands and sing along. I got to the very front, I was very pleased with how everything was going. Surprisingly, majority of people were calm with their surroundings and it was going very well. But within minutes, a certain security guard starts yelling at the others, telling them to push everyone back to their seats because in their rules it's a fire hazard (which is strange because other venues I go to never call an audience a fire hazard). I can understand an entire audience can be difficult to deal with but to shove my friend and I to the very back of the floor (rather than our purchased seats in the very middle row) is very harsh. Being short, i couldn't get a good view AT ALL of my favorite band. Everytime I tried to get back to my seat, I was once again pushed to the back by security. It's gonna be difficult for me to ever purchase tickets for a band at this venue again.
Keep in mind, it was not just my friend and I, it was everyone in or near the front

Visited October 2013
Edmonton, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“Great venue for eyes and ears”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Close to public transit and a joy to be in while listening to a performance. Don't be afraid to book front row for symphony. What you lose in overall perspective you gain in being up close to all the action.

Visited April 2014