“Relaxing, fun and great host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of English Bay Inn

Save Saved
You added English Bay Inn to your Saves list
English Bay Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1968 Comox Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 1R4, Canada   |
Special Rate
Fall & Winter Promo
Ranked #5 of 63 Vancouver B&B and Inns
“Relaxing, fun and great host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I only was able to stay a brief time and needed a place to decompress from a cruise (sometimes too many people just tire me out). Greg, the most gracious host, provided the perfect setting, food and conversation. I left feeling great! Definitely plan to go back. Breakfast and Greg...what a fantastic combination.

• Stayed June 2013

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband stayed at the Inn before and wanted me to experience the wonderful elegant way of the English Bay. First and foremost, Greg was superb! His style, manners and insight created an atmosphere of warmth and comfort. He opened 'his' home to my husband and myself. His hard work and dedication shows throughout in the Inn from the delicious food, decor and guest interaction. A very memorable stay. The location is also perfect to access restaurants, Stanley Park, and a variety of shops in Vancouver. If I every have the opportunity to visit Vancouver again, the English Bay Inn will have my reservation. Thank you------Cathy and Mike Merna, Columbus, Ohio.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent 3 nights here before an Alaskan cruise & it was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. The location was superb- just a few blocks from the beach, Stanley Park & Denman Street (full of every type of restaurant imaginable). Greg, our host, was wonderful, with great suggestions of where to eat & what to do. His little touches (fresh flowers on the table, bowls of chocolates, decanters of port & sherry laid out for guests at night. fireplace & candles lit for breakfast) just enhanced the experience. Breakfast was an elegant 3 course affair with such treats as homemade scones, fresh fruit, & eggs benedict with sockeye salmon! The breakfasts were so delicious & ample, that we often didn't need lunch. The whole place was tastefully decorated very clean. Greg made us feel completely at home. I can't wait to go back.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am writing this review after a 4-night stay at beautiful English Bay Inn. I won't elaborate on the beautiful decor as the pictures speak for themselves, but I will elaborate on what a wonderful host Greg was! I was in Vancouver to visit a dear friend and although she wasn't staying at the inn, Greg invited her each morning to share breakfast with us at no additional cost. Each morning Greg prepared delicious 3-course meals all the while managing to entertain us with funny stories, restaurant recommendations, and more. One morning I raved over a specialty spice he used on the main entree, my last-day surprise, Greg had purchased the hard to find spice and gifted it to me before I left. I couldn't be happier with the management of English Bay Inn! You are sure to feel the same.
As a frequent traveler, my number one question is, "Is it clean?" I can attest that English Bay Inn is SPOTLESSLY clean. Without hesitation I wholeheartedly recommend English Bay Inn.

Room Tip: Sunny Room with a View is delightfully perfect for the solo traveler or a couple whose husband doesn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Edmonds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The host, Greg is wonderful, just the right mix of helpful without being in your face. The location is amazing if you love Stanley Park, beautiful beaches, excellent restaurants, shopping etc. Quiet and very safe neighborhood. Rooms are pleasant and updated recently. We had a peaceful two days that felt like a week, thank goodness!

Room Tip: Getaway suite is perfect if one of you wants to watch TV or read and the other wants to sleep.
Powell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Greg was a great host and very friendly, it was our 40th anniversary and he went out of his way for us , the flowers and chocolates was very thoughtful. We stayed in rooms 1 and 2 they were very
comfortable and clean. Greg cooked excellent breakfasts and great coffee!! Looking forward to
staying at ' The Inn' again SOON...
Cliff and Kelly

Brighton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We cannot begin to describe the wonderful experience we had at English Bay Inn in Vancouver. Chances are you may be reading these reviews to decide which bed and breakfast to book, so my best advice would be stop reading the reviews and book a room at the English Bay Inn!

English Bay Inn is a beautifully designed bed and breakfast - exactly as shown in the pictures on their website. It is also meticulously well kept and clean. We stayed in Room 4 - The Amazing Grand Bedroom. It had everything we needed, from luxurious bathrobes, great soaps and shampoos, hair dryer, TV, alarm clock, and plush towels.

Some of the other nice touches were the amazing fresh flowers, chocolates, and the port and sherry awaiting the guests on silver platters throughout the living room and dining room.

The location of English Bay Inn is very conveniently located in the West End ~ just a very short walk to Stanley Park. There are so many restaurants within another short walk. And having parking behind the Inn was extremely helpful.

Greg, the manager, was always very quick to respond to emails and any questions we had prior to our trip which we really appreciated. Once we arrived, the staff was available for any question or request we had, and gave suggestions for great restaurants in the area.

This, without a doubt, was one on the best bed and breakfasts we have ever visited!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to English Bay Inn? Share your experiences!