“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center

You added Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Robson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 1B9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #69 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
San Francisco, California
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was great. When we decided to go to Vancouver, we did not anticipate the high cost of hotel downtown. Our only other option was to stay near the airport which was very inconvenient. Luckily I came across the Empire Landmark. This hotel doesn't have all the nice amenities but it does have a great location. On one side, there's all the shops on Robson and then on the other, there's all the Korean/Chinese food. It's a great location if you don't have a car and want to just explore downtown Vancouver. It is also a short walk to Stanley Park and Canada place. We had a room on the 15th floor and had a wonderful view of the water.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through lastminute.com and I think it was the cheapest hotel I could find without a shared bathroom! It proved to be great value - it has a wonderful location, the view from our room on the 28th floor was terrific, and happily our room was also very clean. The hotel is admittedly rather dated but it would take considerable investment to turn that around and that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

One criticism would be that the staff weren't great. As a treat we decided to visit the breakfast buffet on the top floor (more for the potential view than anything else). We were however unfortunately treated in quite an off-hand manner, despite it being 10.05am - 25 mins before the advertised end of breakfast. The message was "what you see is what you will get and more food won't be appearing" but it could have been delivered in a far friendlier fashion. We decided not to bother and went to The Templeton on Granville St instead (which was superb).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Vancouver and decided we wanted to stay close to Stanley park and the other end of town to explore more of what it has to offer.

When we checked in there was only one check in agent who was rather slow and the line was very long. It took ages to be checked in and sent to our room.

Our room was on the 35th floor and the lifts worked really well not much waiting around. The room is dated and the beds were hard and you only got 1 pillow on each bed (we stayed in a twin room) I have never seen that before in a hotel. The rooms were clean (except for one window of the room that had the blinds pulled over it and was never opened) and the view was really nice over the water from the balcony however the bathroom was rather small and very old.

There was a fridge in the room which was good and also the towels were really soft for a hotel which I like.

We did go to the hotel on level 42 for breakfast, it was decently priced with great views but I did not really like all of the food.

I would not stay at this hotel again unless they did a refurb and updated the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with water views if you do decide to stay there
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kamloops, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We started off our honeymoon here and were quite disappointed with two things.
The first was the lack of modern amenities at the hotel. Room service was not available. Rooms were very spacious and had decent views.
But on the topic of views, I'd not reccomend the resturaunt at the top. Sure the views nice, but the food is ridiculously small portions and the drinks are bloody expensive. Not to mention you cant order any food past 10pm. We waited one night for an hour and five minutes for our bill, and the waitress seemed highly irritated at our presence there.

Bad form empire landmark, bad form!

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Duluth, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

10 of us started our 14 day vacation with this hotel. Some of us got a view of the water--where there was fireworks show that night. Beautiful view from our balcony. Hotel was nice, nothing special but all we wanted was a clean room as we only stayed 2 nights. It was walking distance from various restaurants. I would stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Knutsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and the bed was comfortable. However the reception staff were very rude and unfriendly, the hotel has the air of terminal decline and the restaurant prices are laughable for the quality provided even with the discount voucher provided by the hotel. Just smile your way through check in and check out and eat in any of the good coffee shops and restaurants nearby and the hotel provides a good base for central Vancouver

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I called this hotel after being charged incorrectly on our credit card. We had called to check on a hotel room that overlooked the parade, pride weekend. We were told that a Robson street view could not be guaranteed. After some discussion the staff member we were speaking with said she would talk to her manager about guaranteeing that we would over look Robson. We gave her our old credit card number without expiration since it was expired. We were told to call back in the morning if we were going to take this room, with our new expiration date. At this time we would get a confirmation number and details regarding our room. We decided to book somewhere else and never did return that phone call. We were charged anyways! When I called to explain the situation and ask why we were charged the woman who answered the phone was the most ignorant and arrogant person I have ever spoken to. I told her the situation and she interrupted and told me "too bad, you are paying for it" and basically told me I was a liar. I had asked for a manager and was ignored, at the end of this conversation the staff member actually hung up the phone when I was still talking. Disgusted with the customer service here. And charged for something without permission. I will be contacting visa since obviously the hotel is rude and unreasonable. I sure wouldn't give these people my credit card information, they had to guess my expiry to charge me, since I never gave them that portion. Theft is a crime......

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!