“Old building - subpar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Robson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 1B9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #72 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Montreal, Canada
“Old building - subpar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The service is ok, the room has plenty of space and a balcony, somewhat clean... It's a very old building. No room cleaning crew after 4pm. Lets say I might get a better hotel than this in a few days.

Room Tip: Higher floors are cleaner.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I woke up in my bed covered in bug bites. They offered no compensation, never said sorry, and one of the receptionists was borderline rude when I brought it up.

This was my second and last stay at the hotel. First time, check in took over an hour as they'd list my reservation and were trying to make me pay full price again. This time? Rudeness and bug bites on my face. Forget it, stay away from this place. It's got a great view, but it's not worth it.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We got to Vancouver, and didn't have a room, walked into the hotel, and they were able to accommodate us on thanksgiving weekend! The rooms were very comfortable, and very clean, and the window view was amazing!!!! If I ever go back I will definitely stay here again, and I have already recommended the hotel to my friend who will be traveling to Vancouver in January!!

• Stayed November 2012
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This high rise hotel (the tallest hotel in vancouver) can be economical and is ideally located for exploring Vancouver. We paid approx 80can per night on a deal from Expedia which is great value - depending on the season it can be much more expensive. The hotel is a little older and the rooms are very standard but the windows are huge and the views are city sparkle and/or harbour with mountain backgrounds. Best views are from the 06 07. 08. 09. 10 rooms, ie ours was 2709 and the higher the better of course. Beds are comfortable with feather pillows and crisp sheets. There is coffee in the room, a small fridge and free WiFi and there is a revolving restaraunt on top!. The best thing about the Landmark is its location. You can walk or take a short bus ride to most places you want o go in Van. A few blocks to the harbour and sea wall walk, a few blocks to Stanley park, fifteen minutes to downtown or 5on the bus that stops right in front of the hotel. 15 min walk to BC Place, or grab the bus to Granville Island . . . The hotel is on quiet end of trendy Robson Street with a nice selection of high end and mid range shops and great restaurants for all budgets. We loved the location and walked everyday along the sea wall to Stanley park. The area is safe,quiet at night and the harbour is beautiful especially at Coal Harbour Quay. Try Cordero's restaraunt at Coal Harbour Quay just 4 blocks from the hotel. If you want a luxury hotel with all the bels and whistles this is not it but I do not spend much time in my hotel so I need a good bed, friendly helpful staff, good value and a location that makes it easy for me to explore the city. The landmark has all that.

Room Tip: Higher floors and a room ending in 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10. Nice sun in the 8, 9 and 10 rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I would rate this a solid 2 star, however, keep reading, because it is decent considering. Stayed here twice recently in September and October 2012. Reservations made over the phone prior and requests were granted (far from elevator). Check-in was smooth on both ocassions, however, during our stay there were several bus tours, and the line snaked it's way through the lobby for check-in, glad we didn't hit these times. Hotel caters to group tours. We paid considerably less than $100/night for downtown Vancouver during shoulder season which is extremely affordable. The location is ideal if you want to explore sea wall, Stanely Park, English Bay, Coal Harbour, shopping, etc, it's at the end of Robson street, close to Denman. There is one restaurant which we didn't check out. The rooms are ok. First time we stayed in the base room, which was fairly small, two twin beds and no sitting area. Second time, requested a deluxe room, two double beds and a small sitting area and mini-kitchen (no stove). All rooms have a mini-fridge which we find is a must to avoid eating out 3 meals/day. Fairly clean, though I had to deep clean the bathroom sink when we arrived the second time. We were travelling with our baby and I had to use the sink to wash bottles etc. Didn't dare use it until the grime was removed. Beds are comfortable, have duvets not the gross comforters you would expect at this price point. TV is updated flat screen. We found the evenings quiet on both trips likely due to the clients they cater to. For the price there is not really much to complain about. Another perk is the parking, easy to come and go, unlike a lot of hotels in the downtown core which have valet parking, and the price, it's only $15/day, most are a minimum $30/day. On both occassions we requested more towels from the staff and they gave us a tonne which I appreciated. I can't comment on the daily housekeeping as we declined it on both occassions, totally unnecessary when you are there for only 3 days in my opinion. My only complaint is the extremely slow hot water, had to run the water for a shower for 10 minutes!!! I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem and she said this was normal to let it run. Not a huge deal, but if you were in a rush and weren't aware of this little issue, you could potentially be late for your day. Would stay here again, but I prefer more upscale hotels with lobby bar/restaurant and work-out facilities. For these trips these ammenities weren't needed so not a big deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

When I checked in staff were friendly, I made my way to my room, the best thing here I can say in the view is great. Small and very tired room. AC heating in F not C. Thought Canada changed over on the '70's. Low fan setting did not work. Colling did not work. Was room moved the next day furniture was carved with graffiti and was tired. Went for breakfast one morning fruit fly over all the fruit, 42floors up and only access is the lift... I did not stay. Went for a drink on the Friday night again furniture needs replacing. Had 1 beer and calamari off the taps menu it was ok. On check out wemt to pay with a multi currency MasterCard and was advise that the hotel does not take this card.?????? The Ritz Carlton and Hilton does so does hire car companies and Air Canada why don't you???? Nothing stated anywhere about not taking MasterCard. Be careful travellers.

• Stayed November 2012
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been going to Vancouver for 25 years and have been wanting to try the Empire Landmark on Robson Street, but had not until the last trip.

We arrived in Vancouver @ 7:00 AM off a cruise ship and needed a hotel for one night. The Landmark was reasonably priced for Vancouver, and is often fully booked so we tried it.

We arrived very early, but pre-registered and were able to check our baggage without any problems. We returned around 1 PM and the room was ready and we were quickly wisked to the room on the 16th floor with a great view of English Bay.

Everything was in good order ( the kitchenette was not fitted for use beyond the fridge/microwave) and comfortable. WiFi was good but a bit weird as it was set up for use by floor and we were unable to use it from the lobby prior to physically checking in.

Apparently this is a popular hotel for the cruise ships. We like it becaise we like to be on Robson and close to Stanley Park.

I would absloutely use the hotel again. Very often the travel sites indicate this as being unavailable, but in future I would call directly, as room might still be available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!