“Lovely time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Century Plaza Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Century Plaza Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Century Plaza Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 Burrard St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1Y5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy a FREE Perk on us!
Ranked #39 of 96 hotels in Vancouver
“Lovely time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I headed over to Vancouver for a comedy show at Comedy Mixx inside the Century Plaza. We opted to spend the night and booked a room with a king size bed getting the CAA rate. Overall it was a great stay and we would book again in a heartbeat.

The lobby: Impressive! Grand! Clean!

The staff: Exceedingly helpful, very impressive.

Beyond Lounge: Overpriced cocktails, avoid at all costs.

Comedy Mixx: Fabulous staff, venue and show. We are excited to go again!

Room: 26th floor, AMAZING view, single pane windows so a touch noisy, bed was decent, pillows are a joke... way too soft. The room was crazy huge, I was surprised. Everything was very clean if a touch dated.

Amenities: The XL size robes barely fit my super skinny boyfriend so those were useless. Having a fan available in the room was really great, it was quieter then the AC unit and provided just enough breeze to sleep comfortably.

Check out was smooth and they were nice enough to hold onto our luggage for several hours while we walked the city and took in our comedy show. Overall the room cost $102 for the night and we look forward to returning!

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel, although maybe a little dated is well located on Burrard Street - Its about a 15 minute walk from the Burrard St Skytrain station (or a 22 or 24 bus) Its worth knowing that a Skytrain ticket is valid for 90 mins from purchase so we used it on the train and bus. We opted for suite type room which consisted of a separate room with kitchen diner, fridge, cooker etc. This saved a bit on eating out expenses. I was concerned that the ambulance siren noise from the next door hospital would be a problem - see other reviews, but it was OK - Although I suppose if the windows were open it could be a problem. The staff were very polite and helpful at all times. I would stay again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very comfortable suite. Room was a little warm.
Staff were very pleasant.
Nice cafe in lobby.
Hotel is located close to downtown amenities. Would be a great place as base for a visit to Vancouver.
I was on business so didn't have much of an opportunity to enjoy the spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Good location, very freindly staff. I mean the staff here are exeptional. My only complaint is they screwed me out of my complimentory breakfast that I was told I would recieve when I booked. When I got home I checked my confirmation email and sure enough they screwed me. I called them back and Spencer apologized and made it right. I like this place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Amazing service from all especially a guy named "Tim" at front desk along with the help of the doorman had my expensive forgotten jacket sent down to Harbour Air to be delivered to me in Victoria.

Clean large room was updated and very comfortable.

Stayed 3 times in last couple of months and will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Large rooms and clean!...Location a +++ Rooms facing Stanley Park (North) were quieter then facing b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I (seniors) booked this hotel for one week in October, 2012. First trip to Vancouver and we found the location excellent, easy walking distance to Granville Island, Chinatown, Gastown, Yaletown, Stanley Park and other must see sights. Also, easy walking to the Sky Train Terminals and other public transportation made getting around Vancouver quite easy. Hotel staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. We were placed on the 29th floor with a nice view of the city skyline and the Wall Center right across the street. Our room was a studio, average and dated, small bathroom, the kitchenette included a small fridge, microwave and small coffee maker. No dishes, no utensils, etc...A bra was found behind the upholstered chair which leads to questioning the thoroughness of the housekeeping and cleaning service. The staff were quite apologetic and arranged for a housekeeper to re-check the room which involved a walk through. Nice restaurant on site and nice coffee shop on site as well. Lots of good restaurants withing walking distance and a grocery market just two blocks away for snacks, fruit, etc...The swimming pool and steam sauna in the lower level were very clean but a little stark in furnishings and chairs. All in all, we feel we received value for the price we paid and the small negatives were well balanced by the great location and friendly staff. We would consider this hotel again if we return to Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Old hotel, noisy heating, noisy weekend guests....the nicest staff in the world couldn't make up for it...sayed 5 nites...no sleep for 3...couldn't pay me to stay here again. This will be my last review as tripadvisor is not starting to force me into writing over 200 characters....free review...don't make me write a book....average hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Century-Plaza-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Century Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Rivsuk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're sorry that you had a less than favorable sleeping experience, however we hope that you enjoyed our amenities, services and the size of the rooms. Being a hotel located right in the centre of downtown Vancouver, street noise unfortunately can be unpleasant for those guests used to a quiet sleep. We are however, always more than happy to offer those guests, rooms on the quieter side of the hotel. We always invite our guests to voice their feedback while staying with us so that we can better address concerns before it turns to an unpleasant experience. It's our goal to ensure total guest satisfaction, and we're sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. Please do let us know if you are ever back in Vancouver, as we'd love to have another chance and offer you an upgrade to a room that would better suit your needs. Best regards.

Been to Century Plaza Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!