I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights and here's what I found out:
1. Breakfast is served beginning 8 am, so if you've booked a day tour (like I did on 2 days) and have to leave the hostel before 8 am, I suggest you pack some sandwiches/bagels the evening before. I tried asking the person in charge of serving breakfast whether I could pack some bread since I had to leave before 8 am, I received the rudest response ever.
2. There are quite a few pubs and shops selling sex-related stuff along the street, it isn't called the Granville Entertainment District for nothing. There were also quite a few homeless people who slept on the streets near the hostel. If you're not comfortable with this, either get back before sunset, or make sure you have company.
3. Generally, the staff are nice people.
4. The hostel has an elevator, so don't worry if you have heavy bags or luggages. The locker in the room is big enough for a 60L backpack, just remember to bring your own lock.
5. Best of all, you get free wifi, and it could be detected in the room, which means you don't have to sit in the lounge to access your own wireless device.
6. There is a bus stop just outside the hostel, and the Granville train station is about 15 minutes away. Canada Line, which you have to take to the YVR Airport, is also about 12 minutes away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smack dab in the middle of Granville Street's pub and club district, we're one of the newest Vancouver hostels -- and if you're angling for access to all the partying and good times you could want, without compromising on security, comfort, and cleanliness, then we're where you want to be!If you're looking for the fun of a hostel, but still want privacy, you'll love our ensuite private rooms (cable TV included!) and our two-bed dorms. These are our most popular room types, so make sure to book in advance! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostelling International Vancouver Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International Vancouver Central Hotel Vancouver