“Perfect Location for fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Georgian Court Hotel

You added Georgian Court Hotel to your Saves list
Georgian Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   773 Beatty St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2M4, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
FREE PARKING ($25 value)
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfect Location for fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location for access to Yaletown, Rogers Arena, BC Place, Canada Place, Gastown, and Robson Street. All of these places are within a 10 min walk of the front doors. There is a restaurant and bar within the hotel, although we did not go there. There are just too many great places to eat and drink to stay within the hotel.
The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and eager to please. While it is true that the hotel is undergoing renovations and there is one main elevator out of service, the front desk informed us that the service elevator could be used by the guests. It was a simple solution to a small problem.
We have already booked for another stay.

Room Tip: Cab ride from airport is about $40 with tip. If there is more than two of your, consider Aeroport ca...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Firstly out fridge did not work in the room. We called down 3 times for it to be fixed the 3rd time we called and became very assertive they finally sent up maintence with a fridge that worked. there were 2 elevators for the hotel 1 only work while we were there making for long waits to a from your room. The construction in the back of the hotel woke us at 630- 7am in the morning. When I asked why we were not put on the quite side of the hotel since we stayed 3 nights I was told it was because of pervious bookings. We ate in the hotel restraunt 1 night I was told the special consisted of halibat with pasta. I decide to try it to my surprise the waiter came back to let me know they were running out of halibat and substituting it with salmon even tho it was tasty there was no offers to make it right. For a supposed 4 star hotel you are treated like just another customer nothing special. Enough hotels in Vacouver that treat you like a pefered customer to deal with this insufficient service

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Georgian Court Hotel while in town for business. I must say that for a hotel that markets itself as 4 stars and a "luxury" property, I came away profoundly disappointed. From the service to the rooms, there is simply no way that this hotel merits a "luxury" designation.

The Good:

- The Georgian Court is centrally located and is right behind BC Place -- nice and convenient for individuals who want to enjoy Vancouver's downtown vibe.

- Check-in and check-out are rather painless.

The Bad:

- The service in the restaurant - especially at breakfast time - is an absolutely abomination. I stood in a line for over 10 minutes each of the three days I chose to eat at this restaurant only to be completely ignored by the one waitress on duty. What makes this even worse is the fact that the restaurant hardly had any people actual in it -- on every day, on average, there were about 3 or 4 tables taken when I'd arrive for breakfast. Finally I'd just start walking in and sitting down in the hopes the service would pick up pace: it didn't. It would again take another 10 or more minutes just to track the waitress down to get you a cup of coffee. Lousy lousy lousy service. On my last day there, I finished my breakfast and noticed a hotel guest waiting at the "Please Wait Here" sign. Between the time I asked for my bill and got it (about 10 minutes again in an otherwise fairly empty restaurant), this lady was still standing waiting to be seated. I went outside and this lady who had been waiting came out shaking her head. "You didn't get in?" I asked her, "No, nobody came over -- I'll just go somewhere else. Totally ridiculous: there's nobody even in there!" was the reply. What a disappointment.

- The food at the restaurant, at the breakfast hour, is pretty average -- luke warm eggs, a tired looking buffet, typical breakfast sausages, watered down juice, stale(smelling) bread. The fruit salad though is the most offensive thing on the menu: nothing "fresh" about this restaurant's "fresh fruit salad"... 90% cantaloupe, 7% honeydew, 2% pineapple and 1% over-ripe and mushy grapes. Plus I also doubt it is cut fresh every day -- it has the disgusting aftertaste of something they laddle out of a bucket of pre-made cocktail.

- The rooms. Oh. The rooms. A lumpy, squeaky bed, dated furniture and tired carpet. Empty fridge -- no mini bar in this "luxury" hotel -- and the amenities (soap, etc) aren't all that great. Light was burnt out in the hallway of my room for the first few days I stayed there. If you liked the early 1990s, you should be quite happy in these disappointing rooms. And what's with the door knockers on the door? Brass doorknockers that would be best suited for an outside door on somebody's house -- again, in the early 1990s.

- The front desk staff aren't bad -- but be forewarned that they can also be pretty surly. Not sure what the issue they have -- perhaps it's working in such a tired hotel -- but you don't get much of a welcome. They look tired and bored. Much like the hotel's food and rooms.

On the wall by the elevator they have autographed photos of various celebrities -- Anne Murray (circa 1984) caught my eye: mostly because I think that was when this hotel was probably at its zenith.

All in all, I can't knock the central location of the hotel but otherwise this place is a profound let-down.

I won't be returning any time soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa J, General Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

We appreciate your opinion and we are very sorry to learn of your disappointment.

We strive to offer timeless comfort and seamless service blended with classic contemporary style. The main areas of the hotel were recently updated in 2010. We decided to keep the knockers on our guestroom doors to retain some of the original Georgian inspired architectural details, just like we preserved the lovely ornate moldings in the lobby. We feel it is very much our style to combine traditional European elements with more modern interior design. As we move forward with our modernization projects, we foresee updates in the near future which will include our guest rooms.

Frankie's Italian Kitchen offers flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes. We take your feedback regarding the service very seriously and in particular the fruit salad comment. I will personally speak to the proprietor of our restaurant to have this investigated.

We have had the honor of welcoming a number of celebrities to our lovely city throughout the years. We will definitely be updating our wall of celebrity guests shortly with more recent press pictures. Thank you for reminding us!

p.s. Anne Murray will remain on our wall as she is a Canadian icon and beloved by us all!

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was recently called to Vancouver for not so happy reasons... family illness. What was otherwise a stressful and emotion visit for trying reasons was made pleasurable by the Georgian Court Hotel. I located the hotel quite by accident but could not be more pleased with what welcomed me there. The staff is friendly and attentive, the room comfortable, spacious and well appointment. Wonderfully comfortable cotton high thread count linens... a well appointed fitness center available 24 hours a day, a sauna/jacuzzi spa area, and a business center.
Frankies, the restaurant servicing the hotel is also a find. Delicious breakfasts and fab italian menu for dining. Room service pricing was also a welcomed surprise and reasonable. . . no $20 coffee and croissant offerings.
I cannot rave more highly. The staff even took the time to locate the best little outlet to go by live lobster on my way to Port Coquitlam and sent my brother who was not well, a chocolate treat.
I highly recommence this Hotel for anyone looking to come to Vancouver. Its located very conveniently a block from Robson for shopping or about 1 mile away Granville Island. Try it... I am certain it will not disappoint!

Room Tip: Top floor facing the arena if you would enjoy a beautiful night light show.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A recent Sunday night in town found us at the Georgian Court for a quick one night stay. Check in went smoothly and even though one elevator was out of service our stay was great. Room is nicely appointed and the Aveda products provided were a nice surpise. Didn't use the attached restaurant for anything other than a quick couple of drinks so can't speak to food quality but the drinks were fine. Parking at $19/day is comparable to other hotels in the downtown Vancouver area.

A few negatives did arise but all in all not a deal killer. In order:

HD TV in room but only standard def feed. Really? In this day and age, surprising to say the least.

Only one elevator in service - minor issue although had the hotel been at full capacity may have been more of a problem.

Noise in the relative early a.m. - I should have used the supplied ear plugs to counter the street noise and construction noise that woke me Monday am. It really wasn't too bad and I was able to close the window and get back to sleep.

Would definitely star here again. Although the hotel is starting to show it's age it is still nicely appointed and was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed at the Georgian Court for four nights while performing concerts in Vancouver. Service was impeccable. Our needs were met with a real generosity of spirit. Yes, there is construction going on next door (ask for a room facing the stadium if this is a concern) and they are struggling with one of the new elevators, but this did not detract from the warmth of the atmosphere.
When our flight was cancelled, they allowed us to keep one of our rooms for the afternoon so that we could rehearse and rest until our evening flight.
Faxes were brought to my room, room service was timely (the seafood linguini was very delicious) and the maid service was excellent and they are uniformly proud of their hotel.
Because we were four women, we were given the "orchid floor" which is a women only floor. It was quiet and there were little extras in the room (yoga matt, extra panty-hose, a little hair spray, and other feminine things one might need) that just gave it a little extra special touch.
Strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the stadium.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My Wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Georgian court hotel on route to Toronto from Sydney by booking online after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.
The hotel service was amazing ... I would like to thank Paulo and his Team for making our stay a memorable one.
The location is great being so close to all the Tourist attractions.
See you again for our next visit..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Georgian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!