“VERY PLEASURABLE STAY - GREAT HOTEL, GREAT STAFF!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Georgian Court Hotel

You added Georgian Court Hotel to your Saves list
Georgian Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   773 Beatty St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2M4, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #20 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“VERY PLEASURABLE STAY - GREAT HOTEL, GREAT STAFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a room on the 11th floor, overlooking the stadium. When we entered the room, we noticed earplugs on the side tables, which were a littlle offputting! We found out later that night that there was a concert in the stadium opposite, and the hotel staff had provided earplugs to all rooms, should they have trouble sleeping. Very thoughtful! I did use them but the concert finished at midnight and the hotel itself was very quiet. The room was very spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. Everything was extremely clean and well appointed and walking distance to the shopping areas. Used the gym both mornings, valued by a steam sauna and a hot spa. A great way to start the day. We had breakfast in Frankies every morning. The staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and nothing was a problem. We would definitely stay here again on our trips to Vancouver and would highly recommend the Georgian Court Hotel to others. Complimentary shuttle bus to the down town area also available, as well as umbrellas to use for the rainy weather we encountered.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Priaries
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and while initally reluctant due to the location I found the hotel a pleasant surprize.

I had a standard room with two double beds in a quite part of the hotel and with the room facing the street. I arrived to Vancouver on an early flight and got to the hotel expecting to have to leave my bags and come back to check in later in the day. However, the front desk was very welcoming and found a room for me immediatly.

I had some family members come into Vancouver to visit and spend the night with my and for one night my neice and her young son got lost and when they finally found the Georgian Court the front desk allowed her to park in the hotels parking and come in a register rather then park, register then move to the hotel parking lot. After the stress of being lost my niece was most appreciative.

I had some problems with using the phone for long distance and was assisted right a ways when I called for help. When we ran out of coffee and asked for more we were brought more then enough extra coffee paks. When we began using the Aveda products in the bathroom they were promptly replaced.

All in all it was a pleasant stay. Only caveat is one of the elevators were under repair so they were down to one elevator in service. (Expect that to change of course)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Georgian Court Hotel in downtown Vancouver. We came up to visit the Christmas Market on the Queen Elizabeth Theater Plaza just one block away and spent a Saturday night at the hotel. It being an "off season" there were few people at the hotel, the underground parking garage was empty, and there were no shows or major events at the sports stadium just across the street. It was a comfortable and quiet (still the hotel provides earplugs next to the bed for light sleepers). The room we had was clean, comfortable and well furnished. The artwork was tasteful. The bed and linens were nice. The bathroom was clean and well appointed with Aveda soaps and fluffy towels. The front desk gave us great service, and the housekeepers were friendly and curteous. We ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs and although the noise level was a bit loud, the food and service were excellent. Parking at the hotel is $18 per night, and breakfast is not included so just factor that into the hotel price. The only two negatives to report were simple slip-ups; the housekeeper accidentally left her cleaning rags in the sink after she left and the front desk forgot to present us with our pre-paid breakfast vouchers at check-in. Otherwise it was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone wanting a place to stay while exploring the city or spending the night after a show or sporting event.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 11th floor overlooking the sports stadium. You get a nice sunrise over the city in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We are Van locals but stayed here one evening as our 8yr old was performing in the Nutcracker at the QET 2 blocks away.
This is a lovely hotel, which appears to have had some new renos and updates. You would never know this from the outside (looks '80s), or by its pretentious name, but it really is a wonderful little boutique hotel.
Because there is no hockey season this year, it was pretty quiet, but I can definitely predict that this would not be a quiet venue had there been an event at BC Place as this hotel is right at the front step of BC place.
Service was great. Check-in was fast and they accommodated a late check out request without a problem.
Would most definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Facing away from BC place would be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My mother and I stayed on the Orchid floor at the Georgian court hotel for a night mid week while seeing a show, it was beautiful, with all the amenities a girl needs while away the view of BC place was beautiful as the new roof lights up the room with soft light and the room was spacious and clean. Our only complaint was that when we booked we opted for the breakfast buffet with our stay, when we arrived at the restaurant the boast loudly and rudely announced that there was no buffet that he would tell us what we could eat (only 1 item on the menu)and promptly sat us in the far corner near the kitchen access, the food was only passable and parts were completely unappetizing. The hoast seemed to decide upon first glance that we were not good enough for his time or attention and was rude to us from the start. The server was frendly, and had the restaraunt been at all busy we may have discounted our treatment, it was not.The hotel service was very good though and addressed our concerns immediately
I would return to this hotel.
I will not eat at their restaurant again.

Room Tip: The orchid floor is fantastic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Georgian_Court_Hotel, General Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. I am so sorry to learn that we failed you and your basic expectation of a fine breakfast dining experience.

We strive to offer you outstanding service and I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your room accommodations and that our staff at the hotel made your stay welcoming and memorable.

As promised, we are working closely with our restaurant to address your concerns. Both owner and I value your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to show you how valuable your are to us.

If you any requests or further concerns, please contact me at 1.800.663.1155 and I would be happy to assist you.

Happy Holidays,
Lisa Jackson, General Manager
Pilot Butte, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very nice hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location by stadium! We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Very close to Robson Street. Everything you could want is in walking distance.

Restaurant on location served a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed at The Georgian Court Hotel and it has become my favorite place to stay in Vancouver now. I travel to Van quite a bit and have stayed at a number of hotels over the years. The Georgian Court is conveniently located right by BC Place and Rogers arena and is a short walk to Yaletown' Gastown' Granville and Robson Streets. I was booked into the Orchid Floor which caters to female travelers and it is outstanding. Rooms are large with a king size bed, couch, desk, and fully stocked bathroom including Aveida products, hair dryer, flat iron, and curling iron, and even a yoga mat. Ladies, if you are traveling request this floor as it is awesome. The staff at the hotel are wonderful. They are friendly, courteous and helpful. The gym is equipped with treadmills, bikes and cardio equipment and free weights. Trust me, this boutique hotel is a hidden gem worth checking out!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Georgian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!