“Great stay with excellent staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Vancouver Suites

You added Delta Vancouver Suites to your Saves list
Delta Vancouver Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1L6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Orangeville, Canada
“Great stay with excellent staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I booked myself into this hotel as my home base for some business. I have stayed in several Delta hotels and this one now ranks at the top of the list. The check-in process was fast and friendly. The rooms are large and excellent value for the space and quality of the finishes. The great lady that cleaned my room was friendly and went out of her way to supply wine glasses when she saw that I had picked up a bottle of wine to enjoy in the room. The bar staff was friendly and the chef from the restaurant would make his way around to see if people were enjoying the food. In rainy Vancouver the hotel has plenty of umbrellas if you need to borrow one and there is always a taxi waiting around the corner if you need a ride somewhere (or they will call you one and it will be right there). The men at the door were happy and friendly and ver attentive to the needs of any guests coming or going.

I would recommend this place to anyone and will be back for another stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

What makes this hotel stand out are the staff -- to a person, they were kind, courteous and helpful -- and thus made an otherwise dreary work trip rather pleasant.

The room itself was alright. I liked the separate bed space. However there were a few drawbacks, including the coffee maker (in the bathroom), no sofa for relaxing, and lousy channels (what? No Slice?!).

Fortunately, the wifi was good and so was able to download my trash TV instead.

The food allergy challenged will be happy to note that there are options and those options are excellent. If one of your allergies isn't shell fish, I highly recommend the Manhattan chowder ... magnifique!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff coupled with the quality of services made my stay a wonderful experience. Courteous, polite, prompt and friendly are the words I would choose to describe each employee I encountered at the hotel and at the restaurant.

Food and service in the restaurant were excellent.

I would return here for another stay. Truly a relaxing atmosphere. Well done!,,,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Lovely hotel, close to a Skytrain station, the waterfront and several very nice restaurants. I enjoyed the polite and helpful staff, a clean and very quiet room and a well-equipped 24-hour fitness centre. Would recommend it without hesitation to business travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at their “Signature Club Suite” for one night after a concert. What a joke that was. The room was so depressing and there was a huge noisy draft coming from the main door. The room was just cold and depressing. Bed was king size and very cozy and comfortable.

We arrived around 11pm to find main doors locked so we had to circle the block to the other entrance. Upon entering the hotel no one was to be found for a few minutes. Finally a man approached and I had a difficult time to understand him due to his very thick accent. When we booked they were offering complimentary self-parking. He was prepared to charge us for it so I had to show him the their own website. He offered me a cookie after checking in. I found that to be extremely lame.

So called suite located on top three floors allowed access to their “Club Floor Lounge” for continental breakfast. I suppose if you are the pretension type than go for it, otherwise big deal. We had better breakfasts at motels at half the price. Overall this hotel was nothing special. Room was dated and cold and service was horrible. Asked where the parking was and he mumbled something and sent me off. Had to walk in all different directions to make our way back to the hotel. And when it was time to leave the parking garage it was a five minute chat with the valet explaining that I wasn’t given a parking ticket that the guy simply opened the gate for me telling me all would be fine.

We will not be staying here again and would not recommend this hotel. We found it to be very pretentious. Call your rooms whatever you want but a dump is still a dump.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Luke R, Manager at Delta Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want all of our guests to have a great experience while visiting our hotel. I was very concerned to see that you were not satisfied with your stay and would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at 604-899-3400 or by e-mail at luke.russell@deltahotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Luke
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Delta Suites was very centrally located in Vancouver for a recent 4 night stay . I requested an early check in after a long flight from Australia and my room was ready to occupy at 9:30am on arrival. Room was comfortable with a separate bedroom, daily cleaning service, very helpful staff at front desk, concierge and in the restaurant. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This lovely hotel, situated in close proximity to the waterfront at Coal Harbour and within walking distance of many places in downtown Vancouver.
The staff are friendly and go beyond expectations.

I appreciate all the staff, including Alison at the front desk, Mary Ann in housekeeping, Phil, Jessica at the front desk, Donny who is there to help with my bags and getting a taxi; Steven in the restaurant who serves me a lovely breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Windows are lovely as they open!