“Smart hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Vancouver Suites

You added Delta Vancouver Suites to your Saves list
Delta Vancouver Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1L6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Smart hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We spent 2 nights here in September 2010 as part of a driving tour of the Pacific Northwest. We picked the hotel due to it's location, availability of parking and reasonable rate. The hotel was easy enough to find off the street, and we followed signs down into the underground car park. In hindsight, it might have been better to stop off at the hotel entrance first of all to off-load our bags and maybe check-in. I mention this because the car park is a public car park for which hotel guests get a parking permit for the duration of their stay. There is NO signage for the hotel entrance inside the car park, and we did find it confusing - not to say a bit awkward - getting back up to the hotel reception with our large suitcases.

Reception was professional and friendly and we soon checked in (with our complimantary cookies!). Our room was on one of the higher levels and was very well appointed in a snazzy, modern style. We particularly liked the way the suite was laid out with a separate sleeping and lounge area with very comfortable arm chairs. Our view looked out across the street to the Vancouver Lookout tower, which we went up twice (once during the afternoon, then again in the evening after dinner)

We'd heard mixed reports about the hotel location, but we were very pleased to be so close to the renowned Gastown historic area. This area comes alive at night and had a superb selection of restaurants and cafe's - all within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
CMDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at the Delta Vancouver Suites.

We will do our best to work with the parking management company to improve the signage in their parking garage as many of our guests use this garage.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed our location. The Gastown area is becoming increasingly popular and attractive to visitors in recent years. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the local area!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Regards,

Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

The Delta Vancouver Suites has been consistently great. I've stayed here 3 times in the past 3 years. Rooms are always nice / clean, service is friendly and efficient, food is good (if pricey) and location can't be beat. Highly recommend signing up for the privileges program, which costs nothing but provides perks and worthwhile loyalty incentives.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CMDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return to stay with us each year. We truly appreciate your comment about your experience at our hotel having been consistently great. We pride ourselves on the service and value we provide our guests and are even more engaged with our guests when we feel recognized for our efforts.

A kind thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Austin, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I booked the room through name-your-own-price on priceline, which can sometimes be a bit of a crap shoot. I was therefore thrilled when I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a very friendly staff person at reception who checked me in and gave me a warm cookie! I think that may have affected all subsequent impressions, because how can you not be happy in a place where the first thing they do is give you a cookie? (Dear Vancouver Suites: I suggest providing some milk, too!)

My room was enormous and well-laid-out. There was an entirely separate work area with easy access to the internet (through a cable; I didn't try the wi-fi while i was there). An empty mini-fridge allowed me to save a bit on restaurant bills.

I put down only 4 stars for sleep quality because I happened to stay over St. Patrick's Day, and there was quite a lot of street noise when the bars let out. The previous evening I'd slept like a baby, though.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us at the Delta. We, too, love our cookies! Not only do they help us provide a warm welcome for our guests, but our team, find them to be just as delicious… [Please don’t tell my boss that I sneak the occasional cookie].

We are sorry to learn that you didn’t have a restful evening on St. Patrick’s Day. Although we are located in the city centre, we rarely receive feedback about street noise. It is generally quite quiet in our rooms, and we are disappointed to read you were disturbed by the noise.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future. Thank you again for your fantastic review.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with everything. The room was big, very clean, delightfully refurbished. Nice separate working area. Very quiet. The common areas (eg lobby, corridors) are also a delight to the eyes. Friendly and bubbly front line staff. Get a lower floor room (eg suite 504). You can get strong wifi signal from lobby (or you'll have to pay for wired internet). Nice freebie! Parking is too expensive. Happy with hotel overall. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Free wifi at lower floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
CMDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for providing us with such a nice review of our hotel and services. We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us in Vancouver.

We are very proud of our team and are happy to learn you found our front line staff to be so friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Rooms and personel were OK. They nickel and dime you for extras and No WiFi in rooms. $3 to print out your boarding pass in hotel business center! Cheap Cheap Cheap! Parking $32/night! no coffee or continental breakfast. Pass it up.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
CMDeltaDVS, Manager at Delta Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sincerely disappointed to learn that you have such a poor impression of our pricing for services. While we do have charges for parking & internet, our pricing is in line with our local competitors.

High Speed internet is included in many room categories. And use of the internet in our Business Centre is complimentary for Delta Privilege loyalty guests. WiFi is available complimentarily for all guests in our lobby.

We certainly hope that you will choose to visit us again. We have shared your feedback with our senior management so we may learn from your feedback and continue to enhance the value we provide to our guests.

North Battleford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stayed at the Delta in January for training for a week. My spouse and our 12 month old daughter came with me. The delta was very accommodating. I have not been to a hotel where the staff has been so amazing. It felt like a home away from home. They actually sincerely care how you found your stay there. I will not stay anywhere else other then this hotel the next time I'm in Vancouver.

I'll explain how this hotel goes above and beyond. I arrived there looking to see what they had to offer after being deceived by a 5 star hotel. I have a 12 month old daughter and she will not fall asleep with us in the room so I needed a separate sleeping area for her. Waiting in the washroom for one hour while she falls asleep is not something I enjoyed to do.

The delta was very accommodating and let me pic which room would fit our needs. When checking in we had warm fresh cookies handed to us. They gave my daughter a book that she was mesmerized by. They told us they'd send a microwave to our room for her baby food and bottles. I hadn't even thought about it but they did. They thought of everything.

The rooms were clean quiet and comfortable. I slept amazing, which is hard for me when I'm away from home. Our daughter also seemed to like her stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone without a doubt!! Especially if you have small children. Oh and they have free internet!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CMDeltaDVS, Front Office Manager at Delta Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for message regarding your recent stay with us at the Delta. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and take great pride in sharing your comments with our team.

We strive to provide sincere, warm and genuine service for our guests and are extremely pleased to learn you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again soon and that you will begin to see us as your home here in Vancouver.

Wishing you and your family well!

Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Top reasons I stay at this property when in Vancouver on business; (1) location - close to Stanley Park for running and downtown for easy access to shopping and restaurants, (2) staff - they ALL go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable, (3) rooms and facilities - not the best, but clean, modern and well equipped.

Be aware that no matter where you stay in downtown Vancouver the panhandling is an epidemic and like nothing you've seen before.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a message regarding your recent stay with us at the Delta in Vancouver. We are extremely proud of the service we provide our guests and are rewarded for our efforts when we receive generous comments such as yours.

On behalf of our team at the Delta Vancouver Suites, I would like to thank you for your loyalty and feedback. We will continue to do everything we can to go the extra mile to ensure you feel comfortable and welcome when visiting our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us soon!

Chris

Been to Delta Vancouver Suites? Share your experiences!