“They bent over backwards friendly very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4R5, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast !
Ranked #29 of 97 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alberta
“They bent over backwards friendly very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband was there for a Government conference and it was a very nice hotel.
Clean, staff were very helpful and informative.

Beds very comfortable and rooms nicely decorated.

The location is great.

It is close to Harbour and conference center, close to local bus's and trains easy to get around. Its about a 40$ cab ride from the Airport.

While there you have to see Stanley Park by horse and wagon tour also the Cappilano
Suspension Bridge and last but not least GRANVILLE MARKET.

They have free hot cookies and drinks on third floor they were renovating the restaurant while we were there. So they had temp food service on different floors food was great not cheap thou.

If you need a hair, massage, cut, nails done, waxing,manicure for men and ladies I took my hubby to BELLA BELLA .

These ladies are skilled.

I got so many things done for hubby and myself they were great ladies great deals on price. Would go back in heart beat.
1284 Robson ST 1604-687-8483

Are feet were sore from walking a lot and we felt like new people after leaving there.

Don't use the Hair Salon attached to Hotel they scalped me I was so upset.
If you go to third floor and out flower shop turn left that's the one salon you want to avoid.

The hotel has a great steam room and dry sauna pool and gym you, ll enjoy it.

Take care and have fun in Vancouver.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have to say when I walked into the lobby and read all the notices about renovations I became skeptical. I'm happy to say that I had no reason to be. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. My room,while small, was well laid out and had everything I needed. It was extremely comfortable and cozy. I usually have trouble falling asleep in hotel beds; there was no problem here. I enjoyed sitting by the window,reading my book every morning waiting for my breakfast to arrive. The staff is top-notch. I really appreciate the fact that they accommodated my picky dietary requests. For a while there I was basically making up my own dishes and they said no problem. Every meal was delivered with a smile. Thanks to Bob who delivered my breakfast every morning and was just a breath of fresh air.

This hotel is in the heart of everything,a short walk to many restaurants,cafes and of course shopping. No complaints at all.Would definitely recommend it and will most surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the harbour view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Your comments were thoughtful and have been shared with Bob and his manager. We are delighted to hear that you've had a memorable stay. On behalf of Bob and the rest of our team, we hope to see you soon. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.
Hawaii Kai, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights using points.

The rest. and bar are being re-done...was suppose to be done 6/30/13 but it is not complete as of yet. A real disappointment. Who doesn't like to come back to a nice hotel bar/rest. after a long day of sightseeing? They have some make shift place up on the 3rd floor...in a conference room. One night there was a wedding and then they moved the bar/rest. to an actual hotel room. Pretty bad.

Beside that, the lobby is very small with no real atmosphere. Our room smelled musty...I guess from the high humidity in the area year round. The room décor was dated and the room was pretty small. The rug was worn and some of the walls were beat up. Same with the hallways. NO air in the hallways. Our bathroom was old style with a small tub and they must have added a shower stall. Again, small. Good towels. Room was hot even though we had the a/c turned low.

Location is good. One can walk to many rests., hotels, Canada Place, the waterfront, etc. The area is not that pretty but is clean for the most part.

I was not impressed with Vancouver on a whole and this hotel certainly was not special. We would not go back.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We are so sorry that our temporary restaurant and bar with floor to ceiling windows including our outdoor patio did not meet your expectations. Our newly renovated restaurant and bar is now scheduled to open on July 20th and we are very excited. Although we made every effort to be accurate with our construction schedule, it was delayed by a few weeks and we are very sorry that it affected your stay. Please contact my assistant at gigi.hung@marriott.com, as would like to extend our apology for the inconvenience. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and enjoyed our harbor view from the 25th floor. The hotel was very busy and managed the crowds with grace and courtesy. Really can't praise the staff enough - every one treated us as a valued guest.

Room was lovely; just large enough to feel at ease. Quiet with a great AC which we needed after sunny days in Vancouver! Comfy beds, in-room coffee/tea, well-maintained rooms. Housekeeping was terrific and responsive to our requests.

Due to construction, on-site dining options were a bit limited but there was a complimentary coffee/pastry service on the 3rd floor and there are several options within 2-3 blocks.

Note valet parking; $40 nightly charge seemed a bit outrageous to us. There is public parking nearby. Overall, great stay and warrants another visit!

• Stayed July 2013
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We agreed with you that parking in downtown Vancouver is expensive. Our parkade is owned and operated by 3rd party - self-parking is $35.24 CAD daily and valet parking $43.37 CAD daily (rates does includes 21% parking tax and 12% HST) which is comparable to other parkade in the area. I am very proud of our team and am delighted to hear that they are able to make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back for your future visits. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown
Manchester, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Attended a conference at the Vancouver conference center... this was the perfect location!! A block from the conference center, near several great restaurants (Joey Bentall One, Elephant & Castle, Cactus Club), a Starbucks across the street, a crepe place around the corner for lovely breakfast, a great grocery a couple of blocks away (Urban Fare). The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable and the bath was superb- a shower and a tub! The restaurant was good (but under construction- would go elsewhere), but every staff member we dealt with was friendly and helpful.... a great place... better than other Marriotts by far that I could name by city (Portland).

Room Tip: This hotel has 31 floors, we were on the 30th....in a corner room. High up is good!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us! Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night after our cruise. The hotel is large and very centrally located. You can walk to everything or take the bus or trolley. Our harborview room on the 23rd floor was very oddly shaped but very functional. Great view. The room was spotless with a very comfortable bed. The service from the front desk to the concierge to the waitstaff in the restaurant was excellent. So why didn't I give this hotel an "excellent" rating? Two reasons. One, the vanity space (my pet peeve) was just OK. Drawers or shelves underneath the vanity would be very helpful. It needed a magnifying mirror also. Two, there was a note left in our room that said that window washers would be washing the windows in floors above us from 8am-8pm and that we should keep our drapes closed for privacy. Why would I pay for a harborview room and keep the drapes shut? We were up and out early the next morning and didn't see or hear anyone outside the windows but I would not have been happy if we were staying there a few days. Other than those two items, the hotel will not disappoint you. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and our apologies for the inconvenience caused with the window washing. Your comments regarding our bathroom space and amenity are well taken. Could you please contact my assistant at gigi.hung@marriott.com, as we would like to extend our apology and appreciation of the time you took to bring these issues to my attention? I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed our services and sincerely hope to welcome you back. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown
Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything was great until the point of checking out...poor service at check out. Hotel personnel must never behave as though they are annoyed by guests. That one encounter can ruined my entire experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear of your experience. This is certainly not our standard as it is our goal to make all our guests feel welcome and at home while with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments as it is through honest guest feedback where we improve, so thank you again. Would you be so kind to reach out to my assistant at gigi.hung@marriott.com? We would like to gather more information from your stay so we can follow-up with our team. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown

Been to Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!