“Good stay in Vancouver” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel

You added Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4R5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Good stay in Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Vancouver and as Marriott elite members we checked in for one night following a cruise. They booked us on a concierge floor although checking in on Friday morning we quickly realized the room closes in the morning and doesnt open until Sunday night. This was not a suprise. Marriott was rolling out their new benefits program which includes a choice of points or a certificate for a continental breakfast in the morning. Issue at the hotel (which I was told earlier in the season would be completed prior to our arrival) was the dining room was under renovation (basically more than half of the first floor. Lobby was very small and they created a dining room in a conference room on the third floor. They upcharged for the hot breakfast but it was reasonable ($5). Overall we enjoyed our stay in this beautiful city. Here were the pros/cons:

Pros:
- Location- near the harbor, convention center, Canada place (where cruises come in) and walking distance from numerous areas including Gastown.
-We were given a corner room which had wrap around windows. Size was larger and view of harbor was incredible.
-Staff was friendly and accomodating
-Hotel was clean and updated. Beds were very comfortable.

Cons:
-Construction on main floor and dining room closed
-Prices relatively high but consistent with other hotels in area

We would return to the Pinnacle if we were in Vancouver again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, corner (curved windows that wrap around), harbor view. You wont be dissapoint...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Glad to be your choice of hotel when visiting Vancouver. We hope that you will enjoy our updated lobby and restaurant space on your next stay. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle downtown Vancouver for a conference and i was very impressed! Hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to the waterfront, convention center, cruise ship pier, stanley park, great restaurants and shops.
I had a beautiful room with floor to ceiling windows, very clean on the 18th floor with beautiful views.

We had the breakfast buffet one morning and very much enjoyed it. lots of choices with fresh fruit, omelletes, waffles, eggs, etc etc. They had the buffet on the 3rd floor set up in a room because the restaurant was closed for some renovations.

The one thing i noticed the most was the staff. They are so incredibly friendly and helpful. More so than any other hotel i have stayed at and I've stayed at quite a few. They definitely went above and beyond and i felt the need to let them know how great they truly are. I really don't know how anyone can rate this hotel anything less than a 5 star property!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments! I am so proud of our associates and am delighted to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay. Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I usually stay at Hiltons but I'm still a Silver Member at Marriott. So I visit them on a regular basis. I would rank this hotel in the lower half of the Marriott's I've stayed at. The only reason is really the room layout.

The room was really small and poorly laid out. The bathroom couldn't be used unless the door was shut and it was awkward to close the door because I was in the way of it closing. There is very little floor space so it was hard to iron my shirts in the morning since there really wasn't enough space to pull out the ironing board.

The staff was friendly and even though they were doing a major remodelling of the front lobby you really wouldn't have known it.

The breakfast buffet was extremely expensive ($21). I suggest you go to the cafe which is very close by, cheaper and has good food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that views the harbor. It's worth it.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle downtown Vancouver. Although the hotel is being updated and the restaurant is closed (The hotel advised this at the time of booking), the experience was very good. The rooms are small but well equipped with all the latest technologies to work in the room including an awesome wi-fi. The staff is friendly and quick to help.

The hotel is a few blocks from the convention centre and all the trendy Vancouver restaurants. Gas Town is also a 10 minute walk away. The hotel is also very close to the Vancouver Harbour and the harbour walk right to Stanley Park.

The downtown core is about a 30 minute ride in from the airport.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow so get a room lower....
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very nice hotel. Unique rooms, nice view even on lower floors, My room had a separate shower. The 25th floor lounge has a great view. The staff was very nice. Strong internet. fast elevators. I walled to dinner every night, very safe.

30 min to airport, $50

I marked the spa as nice but I did not go it was a mistake (sorry)

The aircon was loud but it did not keep me up.

Room Tip: I had a view of the water.
Shenandoah Caverns, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a wonderful Marriott property just four blocks from the cruise ship terminal...an easy and pleasant walk. The staff is truly outstanding and this is the only hotel where I received a thank you note from our dinner waitress. Service is top notch and the beds are super comfortable. Nice fitness center on site. The hotel is close to Gas Town and has views of the Olympic torch. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you back!
Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown
Los Alamos, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Recently spent six nights in this hotel. We were attending a conference and using the hotel for daily meetings as well as a larger gathering. First and foremost, they restaurant was under renovation and I was never informed about that fact. As it developed, the temporary restaurant was moved to the same floor as our daily meeting room. We had to deal with constant noise from the movement of food and service items outside our door all day long. Plus, the contracted services, though quite modest, were not provided regularly.

We NEVER saw a member of the hotel staff to check to see if things were going okay with respect to the meeting rooms. This is the first time that has ever happened. Normally, when we have a similar setup at a Marriott, we see one of the sales staff daily to check on us. I simply had the sense that they were happy to take our money and that was that.

I am platinum elite with Marriott and have never had such a sense of neglect during a stay. In fact, in consulting TripAdvisor before booking this trip, I was puzzled by what appeared to be a higher rating for this hotel than the Renaissance across the street. I asked the staff who handled meeting bookings for both hotels about that and never got a satisfactory answer. As it developed I think we made a mistake - colleagues who stayed at the Renaissance were quite pleased.

Of course, being a tall building overlooking the harbor, the view was lovely. And the staff in the concierge lounge was very courteous and helpful. So, as a simple hotel guest I would probably choose this hotel again, but I would NEVER recommend it for someone planning a meeting in it.

Room Tip: Definitely want a harbor view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear of your experience as this is not typical of the level of service we offer. We also received your comments sent through Marriott Guest Satisfaction Survey. Our Senior Event Manager will be reaching out to you this week in hope discuss further. I do appreciate you taking the time to share with us as it is only through honest guest feedback where we improve, so thank you. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Vancouver, and then to experience our updated restaurant space.
Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Been to Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!