“Great Trip - Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4R5, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 10%
Ranked #31 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
“Great Trip - Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We loved staying in this hotel! The panoramic views from the upper floors are stunning. We upgraded to a corner room, which had windows covering the entire curved outer wall of our room - giving us a stunning view of downtown Vancouver and a bit of a view of the bay to the North. This hotel is a little North of the center of downtown, which was perfect for us, as it was in a quieter and more peaceful neighborhood. The staff were extremely friendly, they went out of their way to help with our every need. Definitely what we would expect from a Marriott experience.

Parking is a bit steep, but not any different from any of the other downtown Vancouver hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

947 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Without a doubt this is the best Marriott I've ever stayed in. Thanks to platinum status we were able to score a three night stay with an incredible view for 90,000 points. We never used the gym, pool amenities, the food options for breakfast, or the concierge lounge. Come to think of it we didn't use the place for much more than a view and base camp to explore Vancouver.

If you stay in a Marriott it's probably fair to assume you're going to be located in some kind of financial area. High rise Marriott properties are not typically (read: ever) in the hip parts of town. Thankfully Vancouver is so dense that the hip parts of town were within easy walking distance even in near freezing temperatures. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to choose from right around the hotel, but if you choose to walk to Gastown or Granville you're looking at about a 10-12 minute walk, tops. Yaletown would take a bit longer. Going out of the downtown area would require you to drive yourself or hail a cab. If you're staying for a long weekend, AKA you're coming up on a weekday like we did, being in the heart of downtown was great for exploring the city for the first time in a few years while the area was bustling with people going to and from work and other places. On Saturday the area around the hotel is a bit more sleepy but not totally useless. We chose to venture out into the surrounding neighborhoods of East Van and Mt. Pleasant as many of the businesses directly around our hotel were closed up for the weekend. It worked out perfectly. Of course the tourist staples like Robson street are open no matter the day.

The room was not huge but the view of the harbor more than made up for it. The 24th floor king room we got had a chair to dump all our stuff on, a desk we used as a dining table for a late night snack, and a big HD TV. That's all we needed since the trip was focused on being in Vancouver, not in the room. The property is newer, built in 2005 and renovated in 2009. They did a good job with construction. We couldn't hear anyone in the rooms around ours through the walls, but of course you can hear what's going on out in the hall through your door. Since the floors are so small that high up there's not a lot of foot traffic so it's not a big deal.

Room service was spot on and they return later in the evening for a turndown service which I typically turned down. (PUN!)

Parking at this hotel will cost $35 per day after $10 worth of taxes are added on. You're welcome for my contribution to that free healthcare, Canada. There was word of a $6 garage nearby but we never saw it or spent too much time seeking it out. Having the car right at our disposal, especially with a free hotel stay, was more important. At the Platinum level your internet is waived, but be sure to check your bill to ensure any guests you have with you are not counted in your charge. Getting two days of internet charges ($30) removed from the bill at check-out was the only small hang up in an otherwise perfect stay. Whenever we get back to Vancouver chances are we will stay here again, on points or not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I like hotels where I don't *have* to interact with the clerks, and by that standard alone, this was a great stay. Everything just works, well, besides free internet access and breakfast, which is an annoyance, but I guess those are typical Marriott issues. There's a walk-in shower and a tub in the bath, and everything was spic and span. Good job, Pinnacle!

Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

A great hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a walk-in shower which always a plus. Room service a plus. Great view of the harbor. Concierge lounge always had a terrific breakfast. Walking distance to all of the Vancouver shopping. This is where I stay when I go to Vancouver.

• Stayed November 2012
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Vancouver is an excellent walkable city and the Marriott is a great location to be. I traveled for business there and was on my own in the evenings. The area was safe and the views during the day were picturesque. The immediate surrounding area is very business orientated but you are only footsteps away from the convention center, the tour buses or if you want to go shopping - its all nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Most chain hotels are the same. Rows of square rooms with all the basics. The Marriott Pinnacle, however, stands apart from the usual with its friendly staff and its rooms designed with the view in mind.

Even though I arrived 3 hours before the standard check-in time, I was quickly accomodated, and even given room on a higher floor (Room 1702). Having travelled from the maritimes and in need of some food and sleep, I made my way to my room. I was so impressed with this room. With a large curved wall with floor to ceiling windows facing the harbour and the mountains, I was immediately woken up by the incredible views.

Before supper, I made my way to the fitness centre/pool area. The pool area features a pool, hot tub, steam room, and dry sauna. All were clean - it was a unique touch to have a staff person in the fitness centre. Often you are left to fend for yourself.

The restaurant had just implemented a new menu that day, so they were still getting their feet under them. That said, I ate at the restaurant a few times during my 5 day stay. It is a solid restaurant with the same spectacular staff, but not somewhere I'd recommend if you are on a budget. Get out and explore and find somewhere more adventurous. ;)

The only major complaints about this hotel was the lack of free wifi - even though they claim free wifi in certain spots, I was never able to successfully connect. Thank goodness for the business centre. The other complain is the heating system - it is ridiculously loud and prevents you from listening to the television at a reasonable volume. Thankfully I like being cold, but it could be a problem for others.

Room Tip: 02 rooms are small, but have large curved walls - great for someone who wants something a little dif...
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

You're welcomed as soon as you drive your car to the door as if you are just coming home. Genuine smiles continue to the front desk via the bellman. I am home! Speedy check-in and off to my room to relax before dinner. I just melt into the bed, with its pure white linens. Did someone say heavenly?? Excellent work space with things I might need and not have in the drawer. Thoughtful! I did need those scissors.
Similar welcome in the concierge lounge - how I love this concept! To be able to leave my room for some snacks and drinks, looking out over Burrard Inlet and the North Shore mountains is, well, heavenly.
With meetings all day, I can leave my car until 6 - even though I have checked out. Bonus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!