“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street

You added Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street to your Saves list
Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1160 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1N1, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #65 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Sandman Suites on Davie is in a good location to English Bay. Close to a lot of good restaurants short walk down to English Bay. The rooms are a bit tired and could use a lick of paint and new bedding, but they are clean. The staff were very friendly. If you can, ask for upper floor rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I decided to treat my boyfriend to a weekend downtown and decided to stay at the sandman hotel on the Davie for the great price and location.
Check in was a breeze, no problems there. We also had a car and self parked it down in their gated garage which was quite convenient because the elevtators from the garage went straight to our floor with key card access. Our room was on the 22nd floor looking over the ocean which had a breathtaking view. Our room was extremely clean and quite big with a kitchen and a balcony. We didn't have any challenges whatsoever with our stay, we were even impressed with our heater that looked quite new in our room and heated our room quite fast after my boyfriend was out on the balcony. The king size bed was great to sleep on and there were 2 tvs in our suite that was convenient cause my boyfriend was able to watch the game while I got ready in the bedroom. Check out was also effortless but definitely giving coodos for Justin one of the managers and for Miranda for being so friendly and giving us great suggestions on where to go the next day for lunch. All in all I would recommend this hotel to everyone, great place for long term travellers especially with the kitchen provided

Bothell, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for a short stay. we are not very picky when it comes to hotels, mostly we just need a place to crash on the way to our adventures. we in no way expect or need to be "pampered" but we do expect to be treated like guests. hotel in a great location close to restaurants and parks, it was cleanish. i will say though it was FREEZING, the windows let in the cold and the heater took a good long while to get going. When we first checked in the staff was very friendly, even though they did charge us extra for parking, but the night crew had TERRIBLE customer service and even became rude. agian we don't need glitz and glam we just need to feel comfortable and cared for as guests. we've stayed in $15 a night hostels that had more creature comforts than this joint. I'd say all and all stay somewhere else....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sameer V, General Manager at Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us was undesirable. I apologize for the service you received, and can assure you this does represent the level of service we aim to give our guests. I also apologize for the disappointment you felt toward our night staff and the room heater.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback so we can better improve our customer service. You can directly contact me at gm_davie@sandman.ca

I hope to welcome you back for another stay.

Mill Creek, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

i was accidently locked out of my room in the middle of the night. My boyfriend is an incredibly hard sleeper. I tried to call up to the room with no luck. I went to the customer service desk and explained to them what had happened. I also confirmed my name, date of birth, address phone number room number when i purchased the night stay, what credit card i purchased the room with, and what travel site i booked with. The night auditor informed me this was not enough, he said that because my boyfriend was fast asleep in the room they could not help me. I asked to speak to a manager and they informed me i could not.they instead made me sit in the lobby for hours until i could wake my boyfriend. When we went to check out my boyfriend very calmly questioned the way this situation was handled and again were given no kind of apology. I've never been treated so terribly, they treated me as if i was a piece of dirt that didnt matter. I've never been so humiliated and disappointed with a hotel experience in my life. We will absolutly never return we also both have large netwroks of friends and families who love to travel and we will let them know this is one company you should avoid at all costs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to apologize for not being granted access to your boyfriend’s hotel room for an unacceptably long time, and can certainly understand your disappointment and frustrations. Dues to the guest privacy act were unable to provide access to a guest room without having shared with names registered upon check in or by a confirmation by the guest any given time.

I am sorry for the troubles you encountered; our policies are in place to protect our guest staying in the hotel and their confidentiality.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for a better stay. Please contact me directly at gm_daive@sandman.ca for a special discount on your next stay.

Decatur, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

it was my first time in vancouver, i was going to see my boyfriend, and he picked the hotel. We had a nice suite on a higher floor. We had a very nice view of the english bay. It was very romantic. we had a full kitchen and other than the elevator, everything was really nice, lots around it to do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We checked-in at Sandman Suites on Davie for 3 nights right before the new year for a friends get together ... the lady at the front desk was kind enough to give us a corner room on 20th floor with spectacular views of DT Vancouver. the building is rather old but has been renovated. the room was spacious.it came with a full kitchen and all the equipment you need so we could cook ourselves.room and toilet was clean and the room service did a good job keeping it that way.the location was perfect so we could reach anywhere in downtown for 7-8$. the hotel has a parking but you have to pay extra for that. totally satisfied with the place. so go for it.

Room Tip: Corner Suits are sunny with beautiful views.