“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 2400 Motel Ltd.

Save Saved
You added 2400 Motel Ltd. to your Saves list
2400 Motel Ltd.
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2400 Kingsway, Vancouver, British Columbia V5R-5G9, Canada (Renfrew)   |
Ranked #95 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Whitehorse Yukon
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

We have stayed at the 2400 a few times over the years, so when I needed to book a room I called them. We booked a pet freindly room, nonsmoking and were quoted a price of 79$ a night plus tax.
Upon arrival we were told we needed to leave a 200$ damage deposit.......and then told us that the room we were to be in was unavailable so had to move us to a bigger one. They then went and locked up the kitchen and second bedroom.....leaving us with bath and one double bed. The room was very cold.......even when we turned the heat up it never got any warmer......over our entire 2 day stay.
When checking out ( and being sure to leave our 2 keys as they charge 40$ per key if not turned in) we were informed that there was an addition "pet fee" of 15$ per day.....
When I asked why we were not told of this before, we were told that was "just the way it is"
The bathtub was chipped baddly and very stained, the tile around the tub showed alot of black mold. The carpets were frayed, and the room smelled baddly.
Being on chemotherapy, and having to be cautious of infections, the conditions of this place worried me.
If one likes to stay at a place where you are treated like a criminal, and have no concerns about your health or comfort this would be a place for you. For the average person I would steer clear of this place. The service at the check in desk was slow and disorganized, and upon check out the girl working was rude and could have cared less about our complaints.
I would never even consider returning to this establishment.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — overall treatment
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed recently for a week and was disappointed... Firstly the staff were dishonest about the availability of wireless internet. Instead of just telling me they didn't have wireless internet they told me it should be working and the problem might be my computer. This was not true since it worked when I went to the library.

The rooms were old and although roomy since I got a suite with a kitchen. Cleaning service was poor. They didn't even replace the soap everyday. It costs only a few cents for gods sake...

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Athabasca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

When my wife and I stayed at the 2400 Motel in vancouver BC on Kingway.I told the Manager(Blonde male)that I smoked,but that I wouldn't smoke if all they had left was non smoking.He gave us a room #124.Besides the smell in the room(we put up with)75.00 a night.We could not sleep as we were constantly scratching all night.
we even put our own blanket on top of the bed,Seems like we were
being eaten by bedbugs.In the morning I asked If we could change rooms,the so called manager said they were full up.Amazing when your outside at all hours and you see alot of empty units.The TV was
from the 70s,that didn't matter but no picture,I asked the manager if he had another(NOT)When the next dayshift manager came on I
asked her if there is a difference between smoking and non smoking rms.She had told me there was and that the price was the same.I asked her if i had said I wanted a non smoking rm That i would have gotten a nicer rm.(she said yes)she had asked If I wanted a different room and that I should have asked that so called manager for a different rm.Which I did ask (supposedly full).I hope he reads this or the owner,actually I know that manager doesn't give a dam.If the owners read this then maybe
something will be done with that type of service.He even asked me before if I had smoked,My wife and I sure didn't expect that type of treatment.Word of mouth travels fast and the internet faster,so we'll see.I'll let him sleep or try in that rm#124 and see how he likes it.As always It's Too late for photos as we live in Alberta.I really hope the owners read this.

Stayed August 2008
Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

An open quite well-kept site in a pretty sleazy area - Kingsway could do with some more redevelopment real soon! But easy to find and plenty of space to park. Quite a wide variety of room sizes, worth calling them to find what you need. The chalets are a bit shabby and ours wasn't very clean at first. Old sanitary-ware and low-rent decor didn't help. Neighbors could be heard having a good time starting up ancient motors. But a good location if you want to avoid driving around downtown - you could leave your car and take the bus outside right through to Stanley Park, or the Skytrain from Nanaimo station is 10 mins walk away. Good value though in an expensive city.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the plumbing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Why does the 2400 motel engage in evidently false advertising?

Having now stayed at the 2400, I'm deeply disappointed with the false advertising on the motel's website. There is, in fact, no truth to the website's claim that ''All rooms feature Wireless Internet''. As the desk clerk informed my wife and I when we arrived, the motel's wireless internet only works in a few of the cabins and only works a small portion of the day. If we had been told the truth ahead of time we would have found an internet-equipped motel, since we need email to do our jobs.
The clerk told us that the owner of the motel had been informed by the desk clerks that numerous customers have complained about the lack of internet service in their cabins. Since these complaints have not resulted in any corrective action on the management's part, I have to assume that this means that the motel's management is not concerned about publishing false advertising claims or about the inconvenience that this misleading advertising has caused to many of the motel's guests.

I suppose we should have guessed that service at the 2400 was not what we hoped it would be when we phoned the motel to get directions from the Trans-Canada Highway. The clerk could not provide directions and did not know what highway the motel was on. Perhaps providing the staff with a street map or directions from the 2 major highways entering Vancouver would be useful.

Sadly, we cannot recommend this motel to other travelers.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — false advertising on website, staff unable to give driving directions from major highway
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

My teenage sons and I stayed here for 4 nights. It was great. Our unit was clean and well equipped. Everything worked which can often be an issue in budget accommodation. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We found being a 10 minute walk from Vancouver's awesome skytrain service was a real asset. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Vancouver.

• Liked — Spacious and well equipped
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

We stayed at the 2400 Motel after reading about it in a guidebook while traveling to Vancouver BC. The only reason we wanted to stay here was because it was listed as "inexpensive", with only ONE dollar sign next to it in the hotel listings. We arrived and got a room...which ended up being more like a mini cottage.

It was super-adorable. Very retro and cute. If you are not into vintage-y decor, though, you will probably hate it. The room had one bed, a small kitchenette and bathroom. Everything was dated, but not in a bad way...it was more like staying in a "theme" motel...but I suspect the management didn't do that on purpose.

Anyway, the most awesome part of the room was a tiny cutout in the wall, made to resemble a "fireplace" with a fake log of wood on a stand that was plugged into the wall in this cutout area. When you turned the device on, there were red and orange lights that rotated in this fake log, which gave the appearance of a pretend fire. It was adorable, and extra-cheezy.

I loved this polace and am sad to hear the rumor that it may be shut down! As an added bonus, shortly after we returned from our trip to Vancouver, my husband and I were watching the X Files on television. I know they did a lot of filming of that show in the Pacific Northwest. Anyway, they filmed parts of one episode at this motel. We recognized it right off...well, also the large "2400 Motel" sign that is on the premises was in one of the shots, so that helped us identify the location too.

Anyway, that was a neat experience, and I would definitely retun again.

Stayed July 2004

Been to 2400 Motel Ltd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about 2400 Motel Ltd.

Address: 2400 Kingsway, Vancouver, British Columbia V5R-5G9, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver > Renfrew
Ranked #95 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Hotel Class:1.5 star — 2400 Motel Ltd. 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld and Venere so you can book your 2400 Motel Ltd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
2400 Motel Ltd. Hotel Vancouver
2400 Motel Vancouver

If you own or manage 2400 Motel Ltd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.