We booked seven hotels as part of a big USA/Canada trip and found Vancouver to be ridiculously busy and expensive at the time of our booking (Sept 2013). We’d normally book something nicer than a Marriott but found it to be one of the few hotels at a barely reasonable price in Vancouver and it included breakfast which we prefer.
The room was well beyond expectation. The one bedroom ‘suite’ was on a high floor and included a full kitchen and balcony. The standard of the room was exceptional – clearly it was newly refurbished. We were certainly pleasantly surprised!
However… the hotel has two serious issues which let it down and explained it’s ‘competitive’ price…
1. Lift noise. Our room was next to the lifts and we could hear the operation of the lifts whenever they were used. This was quite annoying, especially early in the morning.
2. BREAKFAST WAS CHAOS! The overcrowding and chaos in the breakfast room was really unpleasant. There was often a lack of tables. Breakfast items often ran out with staff scrabbling to replenish them. The quality of some breakfast items was also not great. It really spoiled our perception of the place. There are just too many people sharing the breakfast. The hotel could easily help the matter but expending breakfast hours beyond the stingy 9am (9.30am weekends) end-time.
Bearing in mind this option was cheaper than most competition at the time of booking it’s not a bad hotel, especially given the quality of the room. But would we stay again? Probably not. We’d rather pay more and get better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn(R) by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, located on Hornby Street, is the only branded all-suite hotel in Downtown Vancouver. The Residence Inn by Marriott is designed to provide travelers with everything they need to thrive on longer stays with special features including enhanced work desks, ergonomically designed chairs and luxury bedding. Hotel amenities include an indoor heated pool and an outdoor terrace garden equipped with a BBQ grill and fire pit. This extended stay hotel offers spacious suites ranging from 420 sq ft to over 800 sq ft with fully equipped kitchens, free WiFi and in-room high-speed internet access, and complimentary hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascadia Hotel And Suites
- Cascadia Hotel Vancouver
- Residence Inn Vancouver