“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1234 Hornby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1W5, Canada (Formerly Cascadia Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, BC
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for the first time over the Remembrance Day Long weekend. I've stayed at Residence Inn by Marriott hotels before so I kinda new what to expect and I was very pleasantly surprised. Everything is new and clean.

We travelled with another family, consisting of 2 adults and 2 kids (like ours) and we requested connecting rooms, which we got. We stayed on the 8th floor and were very happy with our rooms. One had a king with a pullout and the connecting room had 2 queen beds. The rooms are not as spacious as some of the other Residence Inn's I've stayed in but again, the rooms are totally newly done and all of the components are there that you'd expect: the work desk, seating area and kitchen.

We used the pool but did not use the gym. That being said, the gym looked like a decent size and had good amount of space allocated to it. The pool was a decent size for a downtown hotel and the kids loved it. Off the pool area was an outside patio area with a gas fireplace that looked like it would be great in the summertime. Unfortunately, it was quite cool and raining when we stayed.

Breakfast was nice and the breakfast area has ample seating. I liked the food offerings but I thought the hours of operation were a bit short. Only until 9:30AM on weekends and even on the holiday Monday, they went back to the regular Mo-Fri hours of closing the breakfast at 9AM. I think holiday Mondays should carry the same hours as the Sat and Sun AND those should be open until 10AM for those travelling on holidays and not on business.

The place has a restaurant off the lobby but we didn't have a chance to try it. As for parking, we had drove through 2 gates to get to our parking on P2 so we felt quite safe leaving our car underground and did not experience any issues.

Staff are very friendly. Everyone from front desk, to breakfast and housekeepers and maintenance staff make eye contact and greet you as they pass which is nice. Daniel (Manager on Duty) at the front desk was wonderful and super helpful as well as professional.

Can't wait to come back. I think I found my new favourite place in Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you have to have a tub/shower combo, ask ahead of time. Some rooms have glass shower-stalls only...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. We LOVE being your "new favourite place in Vancouver"!

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was great, staff great, helpful & friendly, great location close to everything. Breakfast was good too with both hot & cold selections. Free Wi-Fi, pool & spa was great too. Close to public transportation. Would stay there again when visiting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Vancouver!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service. Rooms very clean. Good breakfast buffet. Recently renovated. Great location, very convenient.
I arrived very late - 1:30 am!- as my plane was delayed 5hrs and there was no problem at all. Also, I forgot something in my room and they offered to mail it to me - I had to pay the postal fer but still, great service.
I would go back anytime.
Only downside: I ordered a soup and sandwich combo from the restaurant in the hotel (called "cavino" I think) and it was really bad. I did not eat it at all...
But apart from that everything in this hotel is just perfect. I recommend it warmly!

• Stayed October 2012
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review of the hotel and services. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience in Cavino - this is certainly not the norm nor what we are striving for. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly with more details so that we can ensure there is no repeat of your experience.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice hotel, especially for a long-term stay. Rooms have a small kitchen and are spacious and clean. Hotel is new with a nice design.

Hotel location is central, about a 10 min walk to Robson Square and 15-20 min to the waterfront.

Only negative point was breakfast, there was limited choice and I was disappointed by the quality of the food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our extended stay features. Our breakfast buffet has been evolving since we opened, with ongoing improvements to flow, menu and quality. We have now updated the menu to change it everday with selections like omelets, chicken sausages, bacon and daily breakfast feature items like hot breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos and more. We have updated the juice and fruit selections as well. I do hope you will enjoy the changes on your next stay.

Monroe, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Check in was smooth and quick. Staff offered suggestions of activities and dining along with a map of the area. Parking garage was nice. Very few other cars and easy access to the hotel. Location was great. A couple blocks to the Aquabus which took us to Granville Island and the hop on hop off tour bus stops at the hotel entrance. Room was very clean, updated, comfortable beds and linens. Kitchen was very nice even though we did not use because we only stayed one night but we did use it to store leftovers from dinner (Earls, just a few blocks away and was wonderful. Don't miss the homemade pumpkin pie). Bathroom is small but very clean and plenty of space to get ready. Large windows in the room gave lots of lights and a slight view if the water.

Had a couple drinks in the bar. Good drinks and average prices. We went down to see what the nightly "event" in the restaurant was, 2 bowls sitting on the bar. One with chips and one with popcorn. We weren't expecting much so weren't disappointed but some other folks that came down to check it out seemed annoyed.

Breakfast was wonderful. Tons of choices. Eggs, potatoes/hashbrowns, bacon, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal.... Staff kept it well stocked and clean which had to be a challenge because a lot of guests were there when we were.

Very pleased with our choice to stay here and will for sure stay here on our next visit to Vancouver and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel and location. The "nightly event" is a social hour that happens 2-3 times a week with snacks and appies. It is part of our Residence Inn culture to provide opportunities for our guests to network while staying in the hotel.

Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Location: Perfect, pretty close to Pacific Center, though I don't mind 10 mins walk
Room: Perfect, clean, brand new kitchen(!),
quiet.
Pool / relax: Good size and clean.
Breakfast: As the breakfast is a main issue for me when travelling I consider this great.
Just everything you might look for so maximum points for that.
I felt a great and honest welcoming @ this hotel.
I WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed October 2012
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the great detail in your review. I must agree that the team here at the Residence Inn is fabulous! They LOVE being helpful and hospitable!

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our first visit to Vancouver... Upon arrival, the front desk staff was pleasant and check-in went smoothly. We had a nicely renovated, quiet room on the 8th floor. The room was a very spacious king studio with kitchen. Although we did not cook in, the kitchen had all the amenities, including a large refrigerator. The bathroom was small, but clean. We stayed for 3 nights, and did not have a car.
The best thing about this hotel is location. We walked everywhere: over the bridge to Granville Island and returned by water taxi; walked up enjoyable Davie street; eat & drank along Granville; then rented bikes and rode around Stanley Park.
I also must mention the great breakfast. Each of the three mornings we enjoyed a variety of items which included both hot and cold offerings. There was nice outdoor patio seating as well.
Overall, I would recommend Residence Inn Vancouver and definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Suzanne A, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for the great review. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and time in Vancouver.

Suzanne Allemeier, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown? Share your experiences!