Had we paid the low rates many of the other reviewers had, our experience would have been more pleasant. But at $240 a night which we booked and fully prepaid 3 months before our arrival, we were underwhelmed. Our North Tower corner room was touted as having exquisite views. We'd requested the highest room available, but were given one on the 7th floor. Each side of our corner view room looked straight out onto a massive building. This is not what I would call a great view worthy of the premium we paid.
The furnishings were modern and comfortable, and the bed was quite nice. The bathroom was also modern and nice, although a tad small and cramped. The only thing that was bothersome about the room itself was a damp mildew, wet rag odor that never went away, even with the windows opened. That was unfortunate, but we thought that perhaps it was a function of being in a wet and humid city. It wasn't a big deal, but it served as a reminder that we were not in a first tier hotel.
If you are interested in a fitness center, do not look forward to the one at the hotel. It is old, cramped, ill-maintained, ill-equipped, and smells of chlorine from the pool. It's functional, but far from state of the art or pleasant.
Service at the North Tower lobby bar was very good at times, and not so good at others, depending on who was tending. One evening we stopped at the bar for martinis, and I also requested a decaf coffee. The waitress responded "We don't serve any coffee here. This is a BAR." Wow. Not only was that condescension uncalled for, but the next night we saw coffee being served to a couple at the same bar. But that was the only instance of rudeness we encoutered anywhere in Vancouver, which has well earned its reputation as a genuinely friendly and hospitable city.
Vancouver is beautiful beyond words, and the Sheraton is centrally located, within walking distance of many sites and neighborhoods. We never took a cab anywhere (other than the ferry cabs). So the Sheraton is a good, solid and convenient hotel to stay at, and a good base for exploring Vancouver. Just don't expect luxury.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Vancouver - Wall Centre Hotel Vancouver
- Sheraton Vancouver - Wall Centre Hotel
- Sheraton Wall Centre
- Sheraton Vancouver
- Vancouver Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit is for business or for pleasure, you'll feel at home in the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, where you can stroll through the nearby boutiques of Robson Street and Yaletown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.