“Off Season = Quiet Hotel & Reduced Rates” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre

You added Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre to your Saves list
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1088 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2R9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Kelowna, Canada
“Off Season = Quiet Hotel & Reduced Rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The location of the hotel is fabulous for shopping, sightseeing, and dining. We've stayed here before and this visit provided an opportunity to stay on the 33rd floor of the South Tower. The view was magnificent although the high speed elevator and floor-to-ceiling windows pushed the comfort zone for one who is not fond of heights. Next time, I'd request a lower floor.

The posted room rate was $600 per night but we got the room for less in an off-season stay. What do you get for $600 per night? A compact suite with million dollar view; a sofa, desk and bar on one side of a dividing wall; a bed, one nightstand, and a dresser on the other side of the dividing wall; a bathroom with double sinks; in-room safe, and free wifi. The suite had four or five pieces of artwork, one of which is included in the photos. A little edgy. The print facing the bed resembled a plunging performance graph. Surprisingly, the two best pieces of art were in the bathroom. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

Off-season appears to mean reduced services as well as rates. In this case, the lobby bar, restaurant, business centre, and sundry shop were open but a coffee shop on the lower level and a bar and restaurant on the third floor were closed. Underground parking off Hornby Street is convenient but expensive - $30 per day plus various taxes. There is a nice fitness centre with pools weightrooms, and cardio studio equipment.

Room Tip: The hotel consists of two towers. If you are uncomfortable above a certain number of floors be sure...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Just2LetUKnow, thank you for providing us with your review and describing your most recent stay with us. It has been wonderful to have welcomed you to The Wall Centre; conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver. We apologize for the inconvenience of placing you on one of our highest floors with a beautiful view without recognizing your need for a lower floor due to height. Please know that the next time you travel with us this will be surely accommodated. Be if off-season or busy season Just2LetUKnow please be assured that we always offer great competitive rates and packages within the city for you; simply contact us at reservations@wallcentre.com and we would be delighted to assist you. Safe travels back home and once again thank you kindly for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel has small rooms with excellent views of Vancouver. It is reasonable close to shopping and restaurants even though I would say that it is not centrally located. However, If you are ok walking a mile or so you can access all of the hot spots on foot. Restaurant and bar service are limited in this hotel. Cafe One is open for dinner but we never saw more than one or two people having dinner which convinced us not to have dinner there. However, breakfast was great. We spend some time in Bar One which is lobby bar in the North Tower. It is not very private or intimate but the servers were good. We were at the hotel during earth hour. The hotel hosted a receptions which was great. They had a darkened ball room, lit by candles and serving snacks. However, the foyers on either side were lit up like daylight. Kind of bizarre. Overall I enjoyed the stay and I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The restaurant and the bar in the north tower. If this is important to you ask for a room in this to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Northof54, thank you for your feedback and expressing your very satisfaction while recently staying with us at the Wall Centre; especially regarding your beautiful guestroom view. Your comments are much appreciated and we are delighted to know that you were part of our exciting Earth Hour 2014 event, which was hosted as a reception in our ballroom. What a great event. Thank you kindly for recommending your breakfast experience at our Cafe One restaurant and the outstanding service you have received while enjoying a beverage at our Bar One lounge; our associates will be so excited when hearing your very positive words. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed for four nights at the Sheraton Wall Centre. I went into my trip understanding the location and what the property was, and so it met my expectations.

It would be easy to say that such a beautiful series of towers in such an amazing city should exceed the standards - but this is still a Sheraton property. It is not the Four Seasons or an Oberoi.

Initial greetings and check-in are pleasant, timely and professional. The elevators to the rooms are quick, and there are a number of them.

My room was on the 12th floor facing St Pauls hospital. I had a balcony, which was nice. The downside to this room was the echo of the ambulances 3 - 5 times each day. Not frequently, and I did not notice them overnight, but during the evening they were present.

The room is standard Sheraton style. A couple of double beds, a dresser, desk, and a 32" TV. Bathroom is also standard.

The room lacked closet space - being in town for a conference, I had a number of suits to hang, and the closet was about 14" wide. I stored the ironing board in the room during my stay.

Cleaning is efficient and complete.

I ate in the on-site Cafe One one morning. The coffee was expensive, and the egg white omelet was tasty.

I used room service for one lunch. It was expensive, and my food arrived within about 20 minutes. Convenience has a price, and there was nothing wrong with my chicken burger.

Overall - if you are used to staying in Sheraton caliber hotels, you know what to expect from this hotel. There is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing extraordinarily right either.

The location of the hotel is good. Close to Davie, Granville and Robson - you can find some great dinners nearby. The water is about 7 - 10 minutes walk toward Second Beach and up English Bay to Stanley Park.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Conor T, thank you very much for taking the time and providing us with the details of your stay. We are excited to hear about your excellent experience and that you had an amazing time at the Wall Centre. Thank you for recommending our professional customer service and your very satisfaction with our food and beverage outlets. It was our absolute pleasure to have welcomed you and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I travelled to Vancouver recently this being my first visit to Canada. The hotel is excellent well kept and the staff are incredibly efficient. My room was immaculate on arrival and was much bigger with more facilities than I thought, considering I was travelling alone. The bed was superb and I slept well every night I was there.

Thank for making my stay in Vancouver so comfortable.

Room Tip: This is very much a business hotel that houses conferences and conventions quite regularly so of cou...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jason W, thank you kindly for taking the time to explain why you have chosen The Wall Centre for your very first stay and visit to Canada; how exciting. Your wonderful words have encouraged our entire team to continue to do what we are doing best already, making our guests happy and striving for anything possible in order to guarantee their satisfaction. We appreciate your recommendation of the incredible staff that we employ and the cleanliness provided by our amazing housekeeping team. Thank you so much for providing your pictures and see you again soon.
Picton, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beware this hotel consists of 3 towers. I was checked into the south tower which seems to me it's the oldest and most run down of them all. I requested upon check in to be in the new tower to which I got a BS answer saying the new tower was fully booked. I am sure that's just a standard answer. Do not book this hotel unless you are guaranteed a newer room the one I stayed in was old and run down looked like a hotel room from the 1980s. Only good thing I had to say about this hotel was the location and free internet. If you are looking for comfort and class go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure you are booked in the new tower unless they decide to renovate the old run down ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JosePablin, thank you for providing us with your feedback and commenting on your latest stay with us. We regret to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with your guestroom and would like to express our sincerest apologies. JosePablin please be assured that renovations of our guestrooms in both towers have been scheduled moving forward in the future and we do hope to welcome you back in order to experience a brand new Wall Centre once they have completed. Thank you for your patience.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre. Best sleep(s) in a long, long time! I really enjoyed the bed mattress and bed coverings ... they were so comfortable! I didn't was to get up in the morning. I will be replacing my personal bed mattress with one that the Sheraton Vancouver uses. I understand I can purchace their bedding supplies directly on-line. I will be checking this out ASAP.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Harvey F, thank you for taking the time to review your latest stay at The Wall Centre and describing your wonderful sleep experience. We are delighted that you were so impressed by our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed as well as the bedding and that you felt just like at home. Thank you kindly for your recommendation and reviewing The Wall Centre as the hotel with the "best sleep EVER!" Please do not hesitate to contact us at gm@wallcentre.com for any questions you may have regarding your future purchase.
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I found most of the experience fairly mediocre - not what I'd expect from staying at the Sheraton - which reminded me why I typically prefer to stay at boutique hotels.

That said, when I was having a frustrating night with the Sheraton during the first day of my stay - I received some pretty heroic service from Michael B. at the bar. He helped me get fed, hydrated, and settled at a time when just about everything was closed and most staff were operating on auto-pilot.

It feels nice to be looked after. That's why I took the time to provide this review - to single out the individual who singled handedly made an underwhelming experience turn into a good one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away room away from the elevators. Mine was right in front of the elevators and If my...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Raf_Travels, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review and expressing your very special thank you to our associates at our Bar One lounge, located in the North Tower main lobby. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that this encounter has turned around your impressions collected beforehand. It has been wonderful to have welcomed you at The Wall Centre Raf_Travels and we sincerely hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the near future for us to fulfill all your expectations of a Starwood hotel. Please contact us at gm@wallcentre.com for any of your upcoming reservations and we will be sure to prepare a very satisfying stay for you. Your patience is appreciated.

Been to Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre? Share your experiences!