“Another great stay at the best hotel in downtown Vancouver.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre

You added Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre to your Saves list
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1088 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2R9, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Whistler
“Another great stay at the best hotel in downtown Vancouver.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre whenever I visit Vancouver. The location is perfectly central, the staff are friendly and always willing to go above and beyond and the amenities offered are top notch. Reading people's complaints about the extra costs for these amenities really irks me. Would you actually prefer to have the cost of parking, wifi, etc. hidden in your room rate? Whether you use the service or not? Really??? I like knowing that I am paying for what I use/need and nothing else. When you boil it down, the rate you pay is for accommodation. It's too bad that all of the more "economy" chains are throwing in everything but the kitchen sink to lure business. It makes people feel that they are entitled when they stay at a more luxury brand. I will always choose the Sheraton Wall Centre as my first pick when I visit Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver hosted the annual conference for Entrepreneur's Organization, which is how I came to be there. A high rise hotel and convention center taking up a city block, the property was nearly a perfect venue for this meeting of 700 + entrepreneurs. The North Tower is more nicely appointed than the South, and the restaurant, Cafe One, was small and not very private for one on one meetings. But these were minor, rather than major, concerns. They have a ton of meeting rooms, the food is good, and the Canadian hospitality always warm and friendly. Close to downtown (Gotham Steakhouse, Roxy, etc.) but quiet and clean, this property is a good choice for the business traveler or meeting planner. Those on vacation will not find it either quaint or charming, but more of high rise experience.

Room Tip: Pick the North Tower over the South unless you are SPG platinum.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Monmouth, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed in the North Tower; the lobby was nice with live music every night of our stay. The rooms were well appointed and featured a mini pink/white spotlight (don't ask me why). The floor to ceiling windows were cool and we were high enough to see the mountains, harbor and city lights. The room was a little small but OK for two; the bathroom had a cut-out in the ceiling that looked totally ghetto and the friends we were staying with said their bathroom was the same, Guest services were fast and courteous but the Concierge was never there. All three restaurant recommendations from the Main Tower Concierge sucked (don't trust them). I give this stay an "average" rating because there was nothing that went above and beyond.

Room Tip: Ask to face northwest and definitely go above the 20th floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Powell River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Sheraton Vancouver was our usual business accomodation, but the last couple of stays have left us looking for alternatives.

Sheraton is a reliable hotel chain, but lately it's become obvious that Sheraton is either trying to cut corners and/or save money: plastic cups in the bathroom, no wine glasses, charging for every service they offer...we were told that we had to pay to use the fitness center (which used to be free). That kind of obvious gouging seems ridiculous to me. I'm sure many of the people staying at this hotel are travelling on expense accounts, like myself, and possibly not terribly concerned about the add-ons...but, some of us object on principal.

If Sheraton is hurting so badly that it needs to gouge - can they not do it discretely? Up the price per room and keep the services complimentary. There are too many options in this city (in better locations), to get away with unsatisfactory service. We were told that we could use Starwood Points toward wifi and the fitness centre. If this is their way of promoting Starwood, it's a bad plan.

Our last check-in was also a bit of a disgrace due to bad organization on the part of the hotel staff. Not a huge deal or a reason not to stay; only the cherry on top of an unsatisfactory experience.

I will stay at Sheraton again, but it will no longer be my first choice.

Room Tip: Deluxe Kings (request the corner) will give a great view of the city and a good sized room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
WallCentre, Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Bridget A
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I must admit to being a little surprised by some of your comments as we offer free WI-FI as well as free access to the gym/fitness facilities. A few years ago we replaced bathroom glassware with sealed, plastic cups which many of our guests prefer, for sanitary reasons.
Mark Portner
mportner@wallcentre.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on business. Stayed here back in 2001 and was happy. Has not been renovated since I would think. My room had a great view of the city and mountains, north tower. Had some strangeness with the taps, half the time they only dispensed hot water ! Notified front desk and it was temporarily fixed...
Would stay again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have just returned from a three night stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver. I was there as part of a trade show and all exhibitors were assigned rooms in the South Tower. it is my understanding that the rooms in the North Tower are nicer, but my review will be based upon my experiences in the South Tower:

As another review recently mentioned, the lobby is small and basic. The staff at reception were always very helpful and were efficient such that if a line did form, it moved fairly quickly. My check in lasted all of about 3-4 minutes which I appreciated after a long travel day.

I was given room 1604 which was slightly larger than the standard rate rooms. It was clean and comfortable, typical of what you will find at Sheraton's around the world. My room had a large floor to ceiling and wall to wall window overlooking St. Paul's hospital with the mountains and water in the background (obstructed, but good enough given the standard rate in my opinion). The room was equipped with a mini fridge, but it was empty. I would have preferred a mini bar. Also, if you're a light sleeper be warned, the room can get noisy based upon what I believed to be was my neighbor above me using their bathroom. There would be short periods (~ 2-3 minutes) where I could hear water rushing down pipes in the walls, and this would occur at all hours, though tended to quiet down in the evening and overnight. Also, with the hospital across the street, hearing the sirens of an ambulance was not uncommon, though the windows (when closed) did a good enough job of keeping the room quiet.

Room service was a bit slow and my order was incorrect on one evening making the total wait time close to 1.5 hours from when I placed the initial order.

I found the elevators fine, never had to wait more than 30 seconds and that was when it was really busy.

The grounds in and around the hotel were quite nice with fountains, lights in the trees, etc. For those that want to eat on a budget, there is a Subway just behind the hotel, as well as a 7-11 convenience store across the street for things like drinks and snacks.

Overall, I liked the hotel despite being in the older tower and would gladly stay again. My only serious gripe was the lack of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity (i.e. walking distance) of the hotel, but this is hardly their fault.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the highest floor possible for the best views and to get away from the street...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Loved the hotel for its location and special design (the windows in the rooms are shaped and offer a bigger view) I could stay in the North tower and the room was really nice as mentioned in other reviews.

The live music in the lobby level bar was professional and diverse. One evening, I had jazz, the other Latin bohemian music, then there was Cuban music.

The indoor pool was maybe due for an update, compared to many other hotels I've visited in Vancouver.

Overall, this is a great hotel with a fantastic location, in the middle of the action.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre? Share your experiences!