“My Go-to Hotel in Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YWCA Hotel Vancouver

You added YWCA Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
YWCA Hotel Vancouver
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   733 Beatty Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2M4, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #20 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City
“My Go-to Hotel in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

This is my second stay at the Y, having spent a week there in Feb. 2010, during the Olympics. Once again, I was not disappointed. The friendliness of staff, cleanliness of rooms, great downtown location, and bargain prices make this hotel a sure bet. It continues to be my first choice for a stay in Vancouver!

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

This hotel is sooo cool! I would say the best rate in town for the location and the experience. We stayed here quite a while back and then again last year and both experiences have been postive. I like the shared bathroom - makes so much sense! and I love the fact that you can leave your clunky room key at the front desk while you go out shopping or dancing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stayed in a private room which was like a splurge since there are a lot of dorm rooms and shared bathrooms. It was totally clean and had what I needed, though not the most up-to-date decor or anything. That's okay. Staff was friendly (a little slow at the desk) and the location is unbeatable. A great and affordable place to stay in downtown Vancouver! I will certainly stay here again. It is too bad that parking and internet cost extra (but hey, it's the city).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

What a great deal. Not for luxury or perks. Who cares, though? Man, with the cost of hotels, this clean, friendly place in the heart of downtown is NUMBER 1.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
kamloops
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I love this place, its so clean! wish they had free wifi though, throughally impressed with the cleanliness and nice to have the cooking facilities especially with costco across the street. Excellent location!!!! parking $12 extra. Disspaointed they raised thier rates though. Stayed at the comfort inn on granville and this one is soooo much better. BOoked a room with five beds!!! which was much bigger and much nicer then the two dinky beds comfort inn had.
Definately would stay here again. If your a YMCA member anywhere else you also get a discount

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

This was my first trip solo where I didn't have family waiting for me on the other side. I can't say I had too many expectations, but I am very satisfied with my experience. The room had all the commodities (actually more) than I would deem necessary. I'm a student, thus on a budget, so I was only really looking for a simple room to sleep in. I was greeted with a clean room, roomy spaces, air conditioner, wifi, mini fridge, and a folder with information such as phone numbers of my surroundings. The staff was friendly and the overall price was good (student discount). My overall priority was safety, and I was very satisfied!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

This was my second stay at the YWCA, and I honestly think that always when I get a chance to go back to Vancouver, I’ll stay here! I won’t even bother to search for another Hotel. My husband and I stayed for ten nights there ate the room 1215.

This Hotel has everything you need at a very reasonable price considering its excellent location and other Hotel prices! We had a double room with two double beds. I requested a high floor bedroom on my reservation, and We’ve got the highest floor possible! Fifteenth floor excellent room with comfortable beds, small fridge, good private bathroom and TV.
There was a small shared kitchen on our floor, but every time I went there to use it I was actually the only one sharing it. Therefore I think it’s not busy at all.
Also in the lobby you’ve got internet access, small coffee shop, vending machines, and all sorts of pamphlets with tourist information and discounts.

The location is great, close to everything, including the Stadium Skytrain Station which provides access to pretty much everything in the city.
The check-in was better than expected so I also have to mention the excellent staff there!
Thank you YWCA!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to YWCA Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!