“Great place to hang your hat.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YWCA Hotel Vancouver

Save Saved
You added YWCA Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
YWCA Hotel Vancouver
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   733 Beatty Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2M4, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #27 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place to hang your hat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a great stay at the YWCA on Beatty Street. Wonderful people behind the counter - they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Best rates in town for a clean, safe room within walking distance of Robson street shopping, autoboat ferries, & Rogers stadium to name just a few spots. The room was basic, as expected, but very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed here often when I come to Vancouver for good value and if you are not too concerned about extra non used amenities. Book easily online with credit card. Though own bathroom is an option the shared bathroom with press button lock out is very good. Myself and my adult daughter stayed here in a twin shared bathroom for $88 including taxes. The location is easy to get to by Skytrain (2 block walk) and then two Sky train stops with a little walk to the bus station for bus/ferry to Victoria when we left. Rooms are like any hotel room nice big screen TV and comfortable beds. Location downtown is nice for waking around (right next to hockey arena). Not for everyone but good value, but definitely not your mother's YWCA rental rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and you must use your key tag to access elevator. Means no others can use elevat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed for one night in a room with a double bed and private bath. Choose this hotel for the central location and low rate and wasn't disappointed.

The check in and check out were very quick and the desk personal was very friendly and helpful.

The room was basic, as expected, but very clean. I asked for a quiet room on my reservation and was happy with the room we got - 702. Had the window open during the night and it was quiet.

The location is very good. We pretty much walked everywhere: all over downtown, Canada Place, Gastown and Granville Island. It's also a walk away from a few light rail / SkyTrain stations, bus stops and pretty close to one of the ferry / SeaBus stations.

I'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and i stayed here on April 9,10,2013.
It was my second time here and my husbands first and it was perfect!
Beds were comfortable and clean,as was the suite,
We occupied 2 double beds with our own private bathroom.
The tub was nice and deep and the water pressure strong.
We found the room very noisy with the windows open...but that was traffic, not the hotels fault and closing the window blocked out the sound. The cooling system worked well.
The Staff were very helpful and friendly,we were able to check in early.
We noticed the parking lot underneath being regularly checked and it is secure. Fee was 13.00/day which is less than many lots.
The hotel is within walking distance of many amenities..Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Bc Place,Orpheum theatre.
Yes it is dated...but so are my husband and I and that is ok.!
I love the fact that one can be self sufficient whilst staying...Laundry rooms are provided,,fully equipped kitchens...the front desk people gives you a tote of cooking utensils to use when there.
And much of the money obtained from staying at the hotel is given back to women's programs in Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed there for 10 days to attend a congress and visit the city. On the first days I was by myself on a single bed room and then changed to a double bed room to share with a friend that came to meet me. Both rooms were with shared bathroom. Since I don't really like hall washrooms and showers, I liked the way those shared bathrooms were. We shared with only another room and didn't have to leave the room to get to the bathroom.
Staff was friendly and helpful everytime we needed. The hotel has a good location as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Y on a couple of occasions. The first time was for a weekend last year and a couple of months ago, I finished a 4 month stay there while attending school. On the weekend stay, I and my mother stayed in the double double room and loved it. During the 4 months, I had a single room with a hall washroom and shower.

Hall Washroom: Usually, using the hall washroom wasn’t a problem, however on my floor; one of the showers was located in the only washroom. People chose to use that shower which tied up it up. While your washroom key works on all the floors, the time needed to get to another washroom could be a problem for some people.
Kitchen: I did use the kitchen to cook and had brought my own dishes. I met some wonderful people there, however at times it could get very crowded in there with everyone trying to use the stove/oven/microwaves at the same time. There are additional microwaves on other floors.

Rooms: My room was small, but very functional and there was room on the desk for me to use my laptop to do my assignments. Having a sink and small bar fridge in my room was very helpful. The walls between the rooms are not that thick and soundproof. Most of the time it wasn’t a problem, however I did hear loud people on occasion. When this happened, the front desk staff were more than willing to deal with the issue.

The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make my stay great.

Yes, the Y décor is older, but they are in the process of updating it.

I look at it this way: if you want a 5 star hotel with all the amenities, then the Y is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced, safe place in downtown Vancouver, with 5 star front desk staff, then this is the place for you. And the best part? Your money goes back into the community helping women and their families.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed her about 5 weeks due to having to find a new apartment in a hurry, we got a monthly rate which was great.
The staff when we checked in were a great help and the manager really helped us out, all the staff are really friendly. Great Location dowtown, close to library, bc place, rogers, Chinatown and just round the cornerfrom robson street.
The decor is a bit dated but there in the process of updating it now which is great, the communal kitchens are great and theres plenty of them on the different florrs.
I will reccomend family and friends to stay there.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet the ones at the front face BC place
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to YWCA Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!