We stayed for three nights in June. Yes, the position in the harbour is good and the staff are friendly enough on arrival and during the stay (although one waiter at breakfast was far too overbearing, explaining what the butter was for and other useless comments). Also, do book the bed and breakfast rate as its well worth the additional cost when booking on line. However, the hotel needs a real makeover (once the new Fairmont opens a few blocks away, it doesnt stand a chance). It seems some of the 'top' hotels in Vancouver think that if they erect a modern looking entrance to the hotel, guests wont notice the rest of the hotel hasn't changed since the 80's. The communal areas are nice enough but the corridors and rooms (I went in 2 different ones) are so old fashioned. The curtains and drapes in our room were threadbare in part. The windows needed a good clean, inside and out. The bathrooms certainly hadnt been changed for years and years and were small by comparison to other hotels we stayed in BC. Simply, Its just not what you expect for £200 a night. We were upgraded (Presidents Club members) so we are grateful for the better view, but the beds (as per another review I read) were tiny by North American standards.
A real shame as we have come to expect a lot from the Fairmont Brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com and Splendia so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver