“a great gem of a hotel, right along the waterfront” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Waterfront

You added Fairmont Waterfront to your Saves list
Fairmont Waterfront
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Canada Place Way, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 10% on Room & Dining
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary, Alberta
“a great gem of a hotel, right along the waterfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I went to Vancouver in mid March to get some sun and escape the dreary weather back home in Alberta. We normally stay at the Pacific Rim but because of the TED conference, the Pacific Rim was booked so we settled on the Fairmont Waterfront instead. We're really glad that we did! We stayed on the Fairmont Gold Floor and really enjoyed our stay. Like the Pacific Rim this hotel is just as opulent, also along the waterfront and has excellent service. Unlike the Pacific Rim, this hotel is better organized and not as loud or busy, it was also a bit less expensive. After staying here I think this will always be 'our hotel' in Vancouver. The staff were great, very attentive and the rooms were really clean and well appointed. This hotel was recently renovated and it certainly shows. If you are looking for a great experience you can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Hearing what a spectacular stay you had at The Fairmont Waterfront absolutely made my day! Thank you so much for your review. I invite you to contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when your travels bring you back to Vancouver. I would be thrilled to assist with your travel plans.
Indu Brar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I really enjoyed the fairmont, everything was perfect from A to z. The service provided is excellent, the concierge is always there answering all your questions and making some really good suggestions for place to eat.
The harbour view room are surpisingly quiet, standard room offer a good size and the beds are comfortable.
The spa area has a outside heated pool, a Jacuzzi, steam room and a gym area. You can see the "coloured medusa" from the pool and it is beautiful at evening time. It is a very relaxing place to go after a day at work.
I also like the fact that the fairmont make it's own honey from the room, it is a good initiative.

Room Tip: Harbour view room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm thrilled that each portion of your stay was so exceptional! I can't wait to share your feedback with my team so they know that their efforts are so appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Fairmont Waterfront many times and I seem to like it more each time I get out here. Fairmont Gold floor is very warm and welcoming and you can really enjoy your breakfast and morning paper. Staff are attentive. Same for Gold Floor reception when you check in - and my room is always well stocked with water and free gifts of candy or chocolates (I'm in Fairmont's guest program). Can't say enough about this gem - and very well located for business meetings downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
Fairmont Gold is truly a hotel within a hotel, providing exceptional service that makes our guests feel valued. I'm so pleased you had a great stay and look forward to your return!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Over the past year, I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Fairmont Waterfront several times during business trips to Vancouver. I have also been lucky that I have stayed in rooms with water views (two unique views of the harbour), which are truly breathtaking. Waking up to a stunning view of water and mountains in a room with floor to ceiling windows is a great way to start your day!

The hotel is centrally located in downtown Vancouver, close to high end shopping, the funky Gastown district and Stanley Park (you can actually hear the Stanley Park Cannon "9 O'Clock Gun" fire from your room every night). It a great spot for tourists and people watching as well.

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and focused on providing top notch customer service. As a busy professional who usually eats room service every night whilst working on a laptop, the in-room dining team was prompt on delivery and follow up on any request. They were professional yet friendly and always made sure not to interrupt if I was in the middle of a phone call (staff went about setting up and left once job was completed).

While I have not stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms at this hotel, I can state that the "old rooms" that I have stayed in have a great charm and the high comfort level that is usually found at a Fairmont.

I have enjoyed my stays at this hotel and have always felt comfortable and safe. I will be back in 2014 for sure!

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I'm so pleased that your guest rooms and the service you received have been so exceptional. Please let me know when you return at indu.brar@fairmont.com; I would be pleased to see if we have a renovated room available for you!
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Fairmont Waterfront has extremely comfortable rooms on the post-renovation floors. The view over the harbor was very nice. Room service prompt with very good service. Bathrooms well appointed, although older blow dryer. Room very quiet except ferry's foghorn does pierce even through the soundproofed glass.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for not only choosing to stay with us, but also for posting your review. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the guest room renovations we have recently undergone and that your in-room dining experience was exceptional. I hope we can welcome you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel with excellent customer service from all of the staff. They know how to look after guests and the perks of the President's Club are a bonus. I love the location and ease of arricing/departing from YVR via the Skytrain. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FWsocialmedia, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Knowing that you consider us your home away from home is wonderful. We do our best to provide our guests with amazing service in an atmosphere of relaxed luxury and I'm so glad that's what you're experiencing. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been staying in these five star Fairmont Hotels all over the USA and Canada and then we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver and I must say this was the crème de la crème!
The hotel location and décor and superlative appointment was impeccable but the service from the wonderful and friendly staff was the most memorable !! Will definitely call in again next time I am in your neck of the woods .
DR ANDREW E ONG ( I was travelling with APT )

Room Tip: The higher floors have the greater and grander views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled to hear what an exceptional stay you had at The Fairmont Waterfront. We do our utmost to provide our guests with the best experience possible and knowing that we delivered means a lot. I invite you to contact me at indu.brar@fairmont.com when your travels bring you back to Vancouver; it will be my pleasure to assist you with your plans.
Indu Brar

Been to Fairmont Waterfront? Share your experiences!