Booked this trip with Virgin Holidays much earlier in the year & got a really good deal. The hotel is a short walk from the main train station and catching the skytrain to & from the airport is cheap & easy. The Fairmont waterfront is very well located for tourists as all the main city bus tour stops are right across the road from the hotel. The station & sea ferry terminals are also really close by so its easy to get around the city and surrounding areas.
Check in was fast & efficient and throughout our stay, we found all the staff to be polite and friendly. The hotel was fairly quiet during our stay with a mix of business travellers & tourists. We had a room on a higher floor with a view over the water. Rooms are a good size with all the expected amenities, including free wifi & huge TV. Bathroom was small but very clean and a nice selection of Le Labo toilietries. We celebrated my birthday & our anniversary during our stay and the hotel gifted us a lovely bottle of fizz, chocolates and a jar of the hotel's own honey.
The hotel doesn't advertise it, but there is a reasonably sized food court underneath the hotel which is linked to the convention centre. Here you will find the likes of Starbucks, McDonalds, Tim Hortons, Subway etc so easy to grab a cheap meal. Also a few shops and underground access to the station. To get to the food court, just take the elevator to the basement, or turn right at the concierge desk and then take the escalator down.
Gastown is a short walk away as is the seawall & Stanley Park. In fact, we walked all over the city - its really easy to navigate the streets. Great shopping in Vancouver and plenty of sightseeing trips etc. If you're a dog lover, check out Barking Babies....a gorgeous dog boutique with loads of super cute clothes / toys and really friendly staff.
All in all, we really enjoyed our Vancouver trip and both the hotel and the Virgin Atlantic flight were a great experience. Would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. This hotel is an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art (and recently renovated) meeting facilities and breathtaking views of Vancouver’s harbour, North Shore Mountains and the sparkling city skyline. Guests can enjoy a taste of local flavour in Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar, visit the hotel's rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where the restaurant's fresh herbs and honey are sourced from, and then take advantage of the complimentary health club and outdoor heated pool overlooking the harbour. This modern hotel boasts the best location in the city, nestled on Vancouver’s harbour and directly connected to the onsite Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place Cruiseship terminal and offers delegates door to door service to the airport via Skytrain (rapid transit). Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver