“Perfect location in downtown with a Panoramic view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Waterfront

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Waterfront to your Saves list
Fairmont Waterfront
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Canada Place Way, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #10 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Delta, Canada
“Perfect location in downtown with a Panoramic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Perfect location in Downtown Vancouver...right in front of Canada Place and near beautiful shops. A walk away to different tourist attractions...Olympic Couldron, Vancouver Conference Centre....If you are hungry and want to explore good eats outside the hotel you can try different restaurants or better yet go to a fast food gallery within the area (Waterfront Mall). We attended a conference in downtown and finishes late and had to walk back to the hotel...we had a great time walking...Staff were really friendly and very courteous...Express Checkout was great...plenty of parking spaces within the hotel and connects to the shops too.

Room Tip: Our room had a fantastic view and we were in the 17th floor...facing Vancouver convention Center...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to submit a TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and our great location for exploring – Vancouver is such a walkable city. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager

1,503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

During June 2013, we stayed 3 times at the Waterfront, 4 nights in all. One before heading for Vancouver Island, second on our return and before joining our cruise ship to Alasksa and, finally, 2 nights on our return. First 2 rooms (2122 and 1922) had views over the city - very good, and the third (1003) had views over the harbour and bay area - great (ok, it came at extra cost, but worth it). The location, for us, was superb, eg we could walk to just about everywhere - and they even took our suitcases to the ship terminal. Also, getting to the ferry terminal included the bus company coming to the hotel. For our time in Vancouver, Stanley Park, Gastown and China Town are all closeby. For nights out, plenty of places in Downtown or on the Waterfront. Also had a meal at the hotel which was very good. All staff went out of their way to be as helpful as possible. Stayed at 2 other Fairmonts - this was the best.

Room Tip: When we stayed, rooms to floor 10 had been upgraded. That said, we had 2 rooms above that level an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor, your comments are very much appreciated. I was thrilled to read that you had stayed with us on several occasions and enjoyed our location and views. There is so much to do and see along the seawall! I do hope you enjoyed your cruise to Alaska and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Luxurious hotel - room very big and had everything you could want. Comfort and cleanliness could not be faulted. Fabulous views. Only slight negative was lack of receptionists - had to wait too long for checkin and checkout.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your lovely review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback with regards to reception, I will be sure to share your comments with the Front Office team personally. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager
Lancashire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Waterfront for 4 nights recently following a trip through the Rockies, during which we had a slightly disappointing stay at another Fairmont hotel. As a result, I did not have high hopes. However, I was proved wrong; the hotel was fantastic in many different ways. The location, the facilities and most of all the service. Every member of staff that we encountered was friendly, polite and could not do enough to help. Also, the location is ideal for exploring Vancouver, being located so close to Canada Place.
There are many hotels in Vancouver and I am sure that competition is high, consequently, hotels need to be able to offer something special in order to attract your custom. From what I could see, the staff are that something special at the Waterfront.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor, your feedback is very much appreciated. I was sorry to read that you had had a disappointing experience prior to staying with us, but I was very glad to see that we were able to turn that around. I am very proud of our colleagues and the level of warm and engaging service they strive to provide, please know I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with the team. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future. Warm regards, Indu Brar, General Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recently stayed here with my wife for 4 nights in June. The hotel location is excellent, only a short walk to Downtown Vancouver as well as being minutes from Stanley Park. It was also easily accessed from the airport via the sky train. Had a harbour view room which was well proportioned and extremely comfortable. Staff were excellent throughout our stay and couldn't do enough for us especially as it was my wife's birthday the day after we arrived. The concierge desk were also very accommodating booking us tickets for the theatre, whale watching and the capilano suspension bridge. Liked the touch of water infused with fresh fruit just outside the lifts every day. Very refreshing !! Also would recommend the Whistler honey brown lager they serve made from the honey harvested from their own bees !!

Overall a great start to the holiday and would definitely stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: We had a harbour view deluxe room which had air con and great views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was so glad to read that you and your wife both enjoyed your stay with us. I was also happy to read that you had the opportunity to try our Fairmont Waterfront ‘Stinger’ Honey Lager, you may be interested to know that we host half a million bees on our roof each summer and that is where the honey for the beer comes from. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Warm regards, Drew Fisher, General Manager
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

What can I say, I love Fairmont hotels! This particular Fairmont is one that I use when in Vancouver for business or fun. It is so convenient to the float planes which is how I usually get to Vancouver. The experience of the Fairmont Waterfront is one that will make you feel very special. So take it in and appreciate the location and the beauty of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the water and one of the upper floors for great ocean views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review of The Fairmont Waterfront. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that our colleagues made you feel special – I too frequently fly to Victoria and the view from the floatplanes is phenomenal. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront, and if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or by email at drew.fisher@fairmont.com. Warm regards, Drew Fisher, General Manager
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location is excellent for this hotel. From the Canada line you can access this hotel from inside the station. Walking to distance to many of the downtown amenities. Hotel also provides free bike rentals.

For the price you pay for the rooms you will be disappointed. Rooms are old and it shows. Certainly not worth the price they charge. I would rather stay at the Shangril la. Not including Internet in the room rate is a rip off.

The concierge lineup was always long and you waited a long time to speak to someone's. If calling concierge from the room expect to be in hold for 20 mins.

I wouldn't stay here again. There are many other better options in the area

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront. Guest feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve. I was concerned to read your review and hear of your disappointment in a few areas. You may be interested to know that we offer complimentary WiFi for all Fairmont President Club members and that membership is also complimentary. I was very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the guestroom, we are very committed to providing fresh and contemporary product for our guests and have just completed a multi-million dollar renovation of our 4th through 10th floors and we are very excited about these modern new rooms. Being on hold for 20 minutes is certainly not an acceptable practice; please know I intend to follow up with the Concierge team personally to see if there are opportunities to improve on this. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment you experienced and I would love the chance to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or by email at drew.fisher@fairmont.com. Warm regards, Drew Fisher, General Manager

Been to Fairmont Waterfront? Share your experiences!