When travelling for business, I try and stay in Fairmont properties where possible due to the great service and general quality. Where some are a bit worn, the Waterfront is in pretty good shape, and has the same great service as other Fairmont properties.
Admittedly, when I travel for business, I look for different things than I would if on vacation, so what they do right is having my room ready, including a folder with key, rate and room number inside, such that it takes about 30 seconds to check in.
The room was of good quality, with a nice bed, lots of pillows, a huge TV (the largest I've seen in a hotel room), and a reasonable amount of space. As I am a member of their Platinum program I also found chocolate and honey waiting for me in the room, as well as free bottles of water (make sure you don't take the non-free ones from the mini-bar!) and free WiFi.
To check out, they sent me an email with a link to follow, and then emailed me my bill - did it while walking down the street on the way to my next meeting. Very convenient.
This would be a nice place to stay for a vacation as well, given the location right on the water and the nice rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront luxury hotel showcases the best of Vancouver. Conveniently situated beside the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and adjacent to the Vancouver Convention Centre, this luxury Vancouver hotel has a central harbour location, ideal for any stay. Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. The 489 newly renovated Vancouver Waterfront hotel rooms are spacious, elegantly appointed with distinctive amenities and showcase spectacular city, mountain and harbour views through floor-to-ceiling windows. The Fairmont Gold floor is an exclusive hotel within a hotel, featuring complimentary breakfast and evening canapes, personal concierge service and an exclusive lounge and terrace with harbour-views. Visit the on-site restaurant ARC. The culinary team embraces fresh, local and sustainable ingredients complemented by hotel-grown herbs from the 2,100 square foot rooftop garden and honey from the on-site honeybee colony. Expect simple, flavor focused cuisine, cooked with flawless execution appealing to discerning or emerging palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Amex, Hotels.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver