When travelling for business, I try and stay in Fairmont properties where possible due to the great service and general quality. Where some are a bit worn, the Waterfront is in pretty good shape, and has the same great service as other Fairmont properties.
Admittedly, when I travel for business, I look for different things than I would if on vacation, so what they do right is having my room ready, including a folder with key, rate and room number inside, such that it takes about 30 seconds to check in.
The room was of good quality, with a nice bed, lots of pillows, a huge TV (the largest I've seen in a hotel room), and a reasonable amount of space. As I am a member of their Platinum program I also found chocolate and honey waiting for me in the room, as well as free bottles of water (make sure you don't take the non-free ones from the mini-bar!) and free WiFi.
To check out, they sent me an email with a link to follow, and then emailed me my bill - did it while walking down the street on the way to my next meeting. Very convenient.
This would be a nice place to stay for a vacation as well, given the location right on the water and the nice rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. This hotel is an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art (and recently renovated) meeting facilities and breathtaking views of Vancouver’s harbour, North Shore Mountains and the sparkling city skyline. Guests can enjoy a taste of local flavour in Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar, visit the hotel's rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where the restaurant's fresh herbs and honey are sourced from, and then take advantage of the complimentary health club and outdoor heated pool overlooking the harbour. This modern hotel boasts the best location in the city, nestled on Vancouver’s harbour and directly connected to the onsite Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place Cruiseship terminal and offers delegates door to door service to the airport via Skytrain (rapid transit). Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.