“Have some things to work on” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Waterfront

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Waterfront to your Saves list
Fairmont Waterfront
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Canada Place Way, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 20% on Room & Dining
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Have some things to work on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel since we were doing some work on our house. We checked into a room that belonged to someone else. The staff were very apologetic about error and quickly ensured we had another room. The only downside was that it had two beds instead of a King.

We were on the gold floor and it included a breakfast which was okay. We didn't really feel that the selection was comparable to some of the other hotels we have stayed in with similar set-ups.

We had dinner in the restaurant which was average. The waitress was very nice and was a pleasure to speak with.

Overall, we would go back if we didn't have any other options but based on how much we paid, I don't really feel that it is worth it. I would rather stay at the new Fairmont up the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience with us here at The Fairmont Waterfront. Your feedback is very important to us as we routinely review our practices to ensure we are offering guests the service and products they deserve. I was concerned to read your review and hear of your disappointment in a few areas. I sincerely apologize for the initial confusion with your guestroom and that we did not anticipate your needs for the requested King bed. This is definitely not the guest experience we strive to offer here at The Fairmont Waterfront, please know I have fully reviewed your feedback with my team for future improvements. Despite your disappointment, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back once again and hopefully regain your trust in us. Please contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com prior to your next visit and I will personally take care of all the details. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had our wedding reception and dinner at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel on May 12th of this year. During the planning of our wedding banquet, we were very pleased with the service we received from Mr. Jean-Roger Girard and his staff at the Fairmont Waterfront. Mr. Girard answered our emails and phone calls very quickly. We were especially impressed by how Mr. Girard arranged a menu tasting for us shortly before the wedding day.

However, there are a few things that I would like to bring to your attention. During the week leading up to the wedding, we found it extremely difficult to get a hold of Mr. Girard. We understand he was occupied with another event at the hotel that week but it seemed impossible to contact him. We were not able to confirm the details regarding parking, projector rental, and the number of children attending our reception. As a result, we were extremely shocked and disappointed when Fairmont finally billed us for the event ten days after the wedding day. If we had known that we would be charged the adult cost for the six children under the age of twelve at our wedding, we would have done something about it. The agreement said we would be charged the final payment three days prior to our wedding. However, Fairmont did not bill us until ten days after the wedding, in which Mr. Girard said it was too late to dispute the additional costs.

On a more positive note, my family and I were very pleased with the service provided by Maggie, a member of the catering team at Fairmont, who was both friendly and professional during the night of our wedding banquet. Maggie frequently checked to make sure that our needs and expectations were met. Her team also did a fabulous job with the clean-up and ensuring that all our guests were taken care of before leaving the hotel.

We wish our experience at Fairmont Waterfront could have ended more pleasantly but the few unexpected circumstances that arose after the wedding day left us feeling cheated. We believe it is only fair that we inform other potential clients of the hotel by posting this honest feedback. We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for your time and consideration when reading this email.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for completing a review for TripAdvisor, your feedback is appreciated. I was very disappointed to read your review and would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations for such a special event. I have undergone a lengthy review of your concerns with the entire team involved with the wedding and there seem to be a few discrepancies between what is written and the account we have on record. Please contact our Director of Operations, Robert Sedore, at robert.sedore@fairmont.com or by phone at (604) 691-1819 as we would love to clarify the details with you further. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointment. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Located across the street from the convention center and tour bus stop. Rooms could use a little updating. Hotel restaurant has great food, but is expensive. My colleagues stayed at the Fairmont one block away, and sounded like their rooms were superior.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor response for our property. Guest feedback is very important to us as we consistently review our practices to ensure we offer our guests the service and products they deserve. I am glad you enjoyed our fantastic waterfront location, but was disappointed to read that our guestrooms did not meet your expectations. You may be interested to know that we will be completely renovating 177 of our guestrooms starting next month and I am very excited with the new upscale West Coast feel that our designers have created. The remainder of our guestrooms will also get a refresh with new artwork, furniture and soft goods in the rooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've now stayed at this hotel in Vancouver 5 times. It is my preferred hotel in Vancouver when traveling on business or pleasure. I have never been disappointed here. The staff is courteous and helpful from the moment of check-in to the time of departure. Whenever I have encountered a problem or had a concern they have immediately taken care of my request. The rooms are modern, comfortable, well appointed and quiet. The exercise facilities are very good and the outside pool is also very nice. The hotel has a business centre as well as a Fed/Ex store located in it for quick work to be done. Recently I used the hotel to host several meetings. Everything went very smoothly. It is nice to be able to rely on the Fairmont brand and this specific hotel. This hotel is ideal for my needs due to the accessability to the downtown business core and good restaurants and pubs close by.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor contains the spa/pool - ask for a room higher than 5.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read your review and hear that we are your hotel of choice when staying in Vancouver – I have to agree that our location is pretty hard to beat! Our colleagues take great pride in providing outstanding guest service, and I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind feedback with the entire team. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our beautiful city. Please know, if I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Fairmont Waterfront is a beautiful property with a staff that is second to none. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I would rate the Fairmont Waterfront easily in the top 10. The staff are really what makes the difference here, although the property is beautiful, and it is located in one of the most beautiful cities in the world (Vancouver), the staff are second to none. I was impressed immediately by the different level of customer service at this property...they really do go out of their way. Everybody from the door staff to the desk agents, to Housekeeping, to the Concierge are amazingly accomodating. Cudos to all of the wonderful folks that work so hard every day to make the Fairmont Waterfront one of my most memorable stays ever!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water...the bay is gorgeous.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your glowing review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor! I was thrilled to read that you had such a memorable stay. We work really hard to provide warm and engaging service here at the hotel and I never tire of hearing about how outstanding our colleagues are. Please know that I will take great pleasure in sharing your fantastic feedback with the entire team. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to this beautiful city. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just enjoyed a 3 day "Staycation" at the Fairmont Waterfront. From the moment we were greeted at the front entrance to the moment our luggage was packed back into our vehicle we experienced the utmost in guest services. I would like to make special note of the following staff members:
Veronica and Victoria on the 9th floor Gold Concierge desk. Wonderful hosts, attentive to every need and of particular note - a wonderful surprise in our room for the occasion of my wife's birthday.
Sian, our table attendant in the Herons. She treated us like we were the only people in the dining room (without neglecting her other guests in any way), was knowledgable in all aspects of the menu, paid particular attention to my wife's shellfish allergy and again - a special treat to celebrate a milestone birthday.
With beautiful Vancouver as a backdrop and a hotel as excellent as the Waterfront to stay in, both within a 30 drive from home, we will certainly be looking forward to more " stay at home vacations".

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review of The Fairmont Waterfront on TripAdvisor, I am so glad that we were able to provide a memorable stay for your wife’s birthday and that you enjoyed your time with us. I am very proud of all of our colleagues and the level of warm and thoughtful service that they provide, and I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with Veronica, Victoria, Sian and the entire team. Thank you so much for choosing The Fairmont Waterfront for your ‘staycation’ and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you need a little R&R. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance, and do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604-691-1892 or ian.pullan@fairmont.com. Sincerely, Ian Pullan, General Manager
COBOURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

From the moment you arrive to the time you leave every wish you have is fulfilled. The staff are all amazing and accomodating. The customer relations training program must be incredible to achieve this level of excellence consistently.
As a member of the Presidents Club I was upgraded to a corner room with views of the harbour and mountains. A crib and stroller were provided for my Grandson along with a baby pack of needed items.
I was so happy to see a Kuerig coffee maker as this is all I use at home. Extra coffee and cream were available on request.
The hotel is beautiful and within walking distance to the sky train and many downtown attractions.
I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a wonderful weeks holiday

Room Tip: Join the Presidents Club for upgrades
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
WaterfrontVancouver, General Manager at Fairmont Waterfront, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest, I was thrilled to read your recent review of The Fairmont Waterfront for TripAdvisor. I am so glad that our colleagues were able to exceed your expectations during your stay; guest service is very important to us here at the hotel and I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with the entire team. Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Fairmont Waterfront and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to beautiful Vancouver. Warm regards, Ian Pullan, General Manager

Been to Fairmont Waterfront? Share your experiences!