We had our wedding reception and dinner at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel on May 12th of this year. During the planning of our wedding banquet, we were very pleased with the service we received from Mr. Jean-Roger Girard and his staff at the Fairmont Waterfront. Mr. Girard answered our emails and phone calls very quickly. We were especially impressed by how Mr. Girard arranged a menu tasting for us shortly before the wedding day.
However, there are a few things that I would like to bring to your attention. During the week leading up to the wedding, we found it extremely difficult to get a hold of Mr. Girard. We understand he was occupied with another event at the hotel that week but it seemed impossible to contact him. We were not able to confirm the details regarding parking, projector rental, and the number of children attending our reception. As a result, we were extremely shocked and disappointed when Fairmont finally billed us for the event ten days after the wedding day. If we had known that we would be charged the adult cost for the six children under the age of twelve at our wedding, we would have done something about it. The agreement said we would be charged the final payment three days prior to our wedding. However, Fairmont did not bill us until ten days after the wedding, in which Mr. Girard said it was too late to dispute the additional costs.
On a more positive note, my family and I were very pleased with the service provided by Maggie, a member of the catering team at Fairmont, who was both friendly and professional during the night of our wedding banquet. Maggie frequently checked to make sure that our needs and expectations were met. Her team also did a fabulous job with the clean-up and ensuring that all our guests were taken care of before leaving the hotel.
We wish our experience at Fairmont Waterfront could have ended more pleasantly but the few unexpected circumstances that arose after the wedding day left us feeling cheated. We believe it is only fair that we inform other potential clients of the hotel by posting this honest feedback. We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for your time and consideration when reading this email.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. This hotel is an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art (and recently renovated) meeting facilities and breathtaking views of Vancouver’s harbour, North Shore Mountains and the sparkling city skyline. Guests can enjoy a taste of local flavour in Herons West Coast Kitchen + Bar, visit the hotel's rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where the restaurant's fresh herbs and honey are sourced from, and then take advantage of the complimentary health club and outdoor heated pool overlooking the harbour. This modern hotel boasts the best location in the city, nestled on Vancouver’s harbour and directly connected to the onsite Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place Cruiseship terminal and offers delegates door to door service to the airport via Skytrain (rapid transit). Guests can enjoy shopping, trendy restaurants, art galleries, Gastown, Chinatown and famous Stanley Park all within steps of our doors. This Four Diamond urban retreat is world renowned for its warm and welcoming service and truly showcases the best of Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Hotel Waterfront
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont
- Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver