“Very Pleased with This Property!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Waterfront

You added Fairmont Waterfront to your Saves list
Fairmont Waterfront
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Canada Place Way, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3L5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% on Room & Dining
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
West Caldwell, New Jersey
“Very Pleased with This Property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront for a recent business meeting. The desk staff greeted me with class. When I noted that the wireless Internet service had a charge, the receptionist referred me to the president's club application, and i was able to access the Internet free of charge, which meant a lot or me because I rely on FaceTime to communicate with my husband when I travel, and it was nice to not have that added expense. I was also given an upgrade to a waterfront room upon arrival, so I had an amazing view of the water and the mountains... Simply breathtaking!
My room was excellent. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and I was able to sleep in the bed immediately (I have real issues in most hotel beds on the first night). The bathroom was spacious, and the staff kept the room extremely clean during my stay. I had absolutely no complaints. I would definitely stay at the Fairmont Waterfront again if I return to Vancouver.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Exeter, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Recently returned from our first stay in Vancouver. Picked the Fairmont Waterfront after reading other reviews, and couldn't be happier. The entire staff was very helpful. We stayed on the Fairmont Gold level, and the Gold Lounge was incredible! The breakfast at the Gold Lounge had a wide variety of hot and cold choices. There were IPads available for guest use at the Gold Lounge, and our teenage kids enjoyed using them. There were drinks and snacks provided throughout the day. The staff at the Gold Lounge treated us very well We were impressed with the outstanding customer service this hotel provides.

The location of the hotel was also ideal for shopping and dining out. We were able to walk to most of our destinations. We were very happy with our stay at this hotel, and we would definitely stay there again. I don't usually write reviews, but I wanted to express my appreciation of this hotel's customer service. My favorite hotel used to be the Grand Californian, but now it's the Fairmont Waterfront!

Room Tip: Choose the Gold Level - you won't have to purchase breakfast or snacks.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Our stay at the Fairmount Waterfront was fabulous. The view was stunning, the service was impecable and the location, for us, was exactly what we needed. My wife and I enjoyed evening walks with our dog on the sea wall and during the day we were within walking distance to most of our destinations. The entire week was most enjoyable and we will be staying at the Fairmount Waterfront when we return. The best all around value. However, I must say that the room was very nice, the cleanliness was not up to our standards. It was good but for this hotel chain it seemed a little less than what is expected.

Room Tip: Harbour view is fabulous
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Just wanted to say this is by far the best hotel in the area!! I use to stay at one of the other hotels when doing business in the Vancouver area, but the service is what seperates it from its competition. The concierge staff is one of the best in Western Canada and are always friendly and helpful!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here in November, admittedly a chilly time for a waterfront visit! The hotel was beautiful, very nicely appointed. Our room was on the club level which conveniently had its own check in. The staff was beyond helpful and booked us reservations at an excellent local restaurant.

The rooms were nice, not huge but still comfortable. The bathroom had cute toiletries although I feel like they could pitch in for a bit nicer hairdryer. It was ancient and didn't work that well.

The breakfast in the morning was amazing and located in a very nice room with a view of the city. A great, relaxing place to stay in the city. The location on the waterfront really allows you to enjoy the beauty of Vancouver and the surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I arrived at the Waterfront with a sore and inflamed right eye. I was tired and disheartened. I was greeted by warm and caring staff. The room was amazing - every thing I could hope for was at my service. All amenities were there, including my most prized electric kettle for making hot tea that does not smell of coffee (as it always does if you make tea in a coffee maker). The room looked out onto a green patio where I was able to sit and sun myself today. As I had to make a visit to the emergency room to have the eye seen to, the staff were so considerate and asked if I needed a ride to and from the hotel. A friend was taking me, so I did not need it, but when I got back, they asked how I was. In the morning I got a call from the general manager and the front desk person asking how I was doing. It was amazing and made me smile. Then this afternoon a small knock on the door announced a visit from a staff member bringing me honey and chocolates and a note to ask how I was feeling. Wow! Never has that happened to me in a hotel. I would be glad to come back to the Fairmont - this is a place where you feel treated like a special person and a member of a family, not just an anonymous guest. I am giving a speech tomorrow at UBC and when I needed to print it out, the staff at the front desk were so courteous and went beyond their required roles to be helpful. This is when an average business trip turns into something to be treasured. Thanks to the staff and team at the Waterfront a miserable start to the trip has turned into a desire to recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Vancouver. Rain or Shine you will feel fine at the Waterfront! I speak from first hand experience. Thanks to Lina, Ana Maria, and all the staff.

Room Tip: The front desk offered an upgrade to an ocean view, but my lovely room on the 3rd floor had a patio...
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Recently stayed at Fairmont Waterfront for a conference across the street at the convention centre. The weather outside was dreadful: cold, rain and snow! Fortunately, Fairmont Waterfront shielded me from all the mess with its warmth and great views. I had a little issue due to my own ignorance but Mr. RS fixed the situation without any trouble. Great location near Gastown's restaurants and bars. I just wish the fitness room was a little larger but that's not a deal breaker. You can't go wrong with Fairmont.

Room Tip: Corner room was large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Waterfront? Share your experiences!