“Clean, amazing staff, free breakfast - an exemplary definition of what hotel service should be.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atrium Inn Vancouver

You added Atrium Inn Vancouver to your Saves list
Atrium Inn Vancouver
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2889 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V5K 2A1, Canada   |
Ranked #54 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would strongly recommend the Holiday Inn Express at this location. It is close to the PNE, a fun park both for children and adults. The hotel has friendly staff that are always wearing a smile and are genuinely approachable, as well have proven they are willing to go above and beyond their call of duty in order to satisfy our needs and requests. They were very helpful and a great resource to our family in their suggestions, directions and knowledge of the area. Everything one would need is within walking distance, rooms are clean and the price is great!

• Stayed August 2012
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience with other travelers. We take a great pride in providing an exceptional guest service to all our guests. Your review portraits a great picture of our hotel and dedicated employees. We are looking forward to see you in a near future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I must say that this Holiday Inn was one of my BEST experiences by far.

It is not new, it is clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

It is the standard fare for breakfast as is all Holiday Inn Express - they keep it coming though, no waiting for things.

My room was comfortable and when I needed an extra blanket they came right up with it - no waiting!

I have stayed in MANY hotels around the world and this little gem is by far one of the best for customer service!

Room Tip: I would not want to be facing East Hastings and it is loud with the traffic (if you want your window...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your amazing experience with other travelers. Having the best experience ever, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast, says everything about your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments.

Best Regards,
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I decided to book this hotel, which is not the area I usually stay so that we would be right next door to the PNE/ Play Land. I usually stay down town west area .2 weeks prior, I booked a room for 4 for 2 nights. Upon arrival, we got an early check in, (11 am) which was wonderful because I was taking my daughter and her pals to Play Land for the day. Who ever took the reservation put us in for 2.
We went up to our room,which had a couch and a bed, no problem, the couch I assumed was a pull out bed. I did notice there was not a fridge or microwave, and upon calling the front desk was told there was a fee of $15.oo per day for each. So I ordered a fridge as I had snacks and drinks that needed to be in a fridge. Threw our bags in and left for the park. After several hours in the heat and going on rides, we came back to go for a swim and was told there was no pool. So we went back to the room, cleaned up and went to a large mall to shop. We got back to the room at @ 10 pm, after an amusement park, shopping, as well as getting lost. So very tired, Right outside our window was the huge lit up hotel sign, and no black out drapes, just sheers. I went to pull out the sofa bed to realize it was not, it was just a small sofa. I called the front desk and the clerk was a little doubtful, then checked the computer and sure enough, no fold out bed in room 201. He offered to move us, but I declined because it was late, we were exhausted, had also travelled from Vancouver Island early in the morning. I opted for a cot which we pushed up to the couch so 2 could sleep on it.
The next day, I went to the manager with all of my issues, and she was very apologetic and fixed me up so that I was happy.
While I realize, it was my responsibility to ask if there was a pool, it slipped my mind. As for the microwave and fridge, most family hotels have them,
After all was settled, we went to breakfast in the hotel, as it was included. When finished, we were about to get on the elevator to get the car, and the fire alarm went off. We were detained until the fireman were satisfied that someone was smoking in a room.
We could not get out of there quicker. We opted to drive to Whistler where we got an amazing huge room for the same price as this dump.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Our hotel is conveniently located in the residential area in East Village just minutes away from PNE.
No single location in Vancouver captures the spirit and history of this city, its people and its many achievements as the Pacific National Exhibition.
For the past 101 years, millions of guests have enjoyed shows, exhibits, sporting events, amusement rides, concerts, cultural activities and, of course, the annual summer Fair at the PNE.
Being so close to PNE gives our hotel a certain charm and unique atmosphere.
Our professional and friendly staff value all our guests.
I am very pleased that you were quite happy with a manager's response to your issue.
It is required by law to follow the certain procedures in a case of fire alarm in order to keep everybody safe and secure. Once we got a clearance from the Fire Department that there is no danger our guests were advised to go their rooms.
We respect your opinion as a valued guest.
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and we were delighted. Our room was very bright and clean. The beds are very nice to sleep on and the service was excellent. We booked directly with the Hotel as that was the best rate available. We had Dinner in the Pub next door called the Press Box and the food and service was excellent! The Hotel desk staff gave us the recommendation and a coupon for a discount. All in all our stay was great, this is a very nice well managed hotel. We will return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

It is really great that you enjoyed your stay at this location. Our hotel is managed by a great team of dedicated professionals. Together with an excellent staff members we keep our hotel clean and presentable at all times. It is very convenient to have a popular local pub in the neighborhood.
Thank you again for taking your time to share your wonderful experience.

Kind Regards,
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed with you in Vancouver on the night of August 4th. We had just gotten off of a cruise ship and wanted to spend a day and night in your fine City. I want to thank you for the great help we had from all of the people at the front desk, especially Anka, Richard, Jocelyn, Carlos, The other girl on the desk in the morning with Anka, and others. They went out of their way to be helpful and make our stay a very enjoyable. Again thanks for your fine help.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We appreciate your taking time to share your experience with other travelers. Our friendly and dedicated staff take a great pride in providing an exceptional service to our valued guests. Your review clearly gives us an impression that you had a pleasant stay. However it is a bit confusing and contradictory with given rating.
We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope to see you in the future.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great experience, really helpful staff. I highly recomment Anca, as a manager. She has great people skils and is very friendly. This comes from a bus driver that lives in hotels more than 200 days a year, and that is in Canada and USA.

Dannie W. Edwards

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sanja D, Front Office Manager at Atrium Inn Vancouver, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear guest,

It is much appreciated that you acknowledged the great service provided by Anca. She has recently joined our team of exceptional Front Desk members. There is a whole future in front of this young lady. As a team we take a great pride in providing the best service to all our guests.

Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Spent a couple of days in Vancouver and was looking for a nice hotel without breaking the bank. Booked our room at a great rate and the hotel delivered. The rooms were a good size, big tv, good service all around and the breakfast was good as well. Location was about a 10 min from downtown Vancouver. Street noise would be my only complaint here, but I Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

It is great that you would definitely stay at Holiday Inn Express Vancouver again. We will be more than happy to see you here in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Atrium Inn Vancouver? Share your experiences!