“Comfortable and Friendly place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn and Suites

You added Sunset Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Sunset Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1P4, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable and Friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

From Melbourne, Australia.. First time in Vancouver.. Upon reading good reviews on this hotel, I then decided to give it a go to book at Sunset Inn and I wasn't wrong with my booking at Sunset Inn as I confirmed all reviews read were spot on. Me and my husband enjoyed 4 days stayed at Sunset Inn. As soon as we got in at the door, the reception staff greeted us with a smile and even upgraded us to 1Bedroom with Balcony at no extra charge. No long que to wait to get in to our room. All staff were so friendly same as the night duty guy. Free Breakfast, free laundry soap for coin washing downstairs and special mention to free WIFI in your room compare with other Vancouver hotels you have to pay Wifi.
I recommend this for a family accommodation too..very comfortable room and close to David Street, you will never be hungry cheap but quality restaurants just around the corner.
Definitely will book on this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Williams Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My brothers and myself had to travel to Vancouver B.C. because our Dad was having a Quadruple bypass surgery. We had to change Hotels during our stay, and found the Sunset Inn.
David...(The man on duty)...was very helpful and assisted us immediately. Our room at the Sunset Inn was fabulous! Clean and cost us less per day than the other hotel we had been staying at. We had a kitchenette so we could save money on eating out. Parking was included in the daily rates and so was a wonderful continental breakfast, internet and free local calling. I will not stay at any other hotel in downtown Vancouver because of the assistance and kindness David at the Sunset Inn showed us. Thank you Sunset Inn and thank you David.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am really late with this review and I apologize because this place deserves tremendous reviews and shouldn't be ignored. Everything - the hospitality, the comfort, the size, the quiet street, the best staff you could ask for, the complimentary breakfast, the complimentary umbrellas, the DVD selection for when you just want to stay in, the full insuite kitchen, the complimentary parking - all of this made my experience in Vancouver awesome. A big thank you to all the staff, Arabella and Elvis, you are the best, thanks so much for the talks and just making me feel at home. I spent 12 days at this hotel moving my son to Vancouver which was hard but this hotel helped to ease those feelings and when things didn't always go that well, they were there to help. I can't wait to go back and would never consider staying anywhere else. It really is an amazing place just off the busy streets nestled in a quiet neighbourhood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I arrived in a rainstorm (that's all it does in Dec in Vancouver) several hours before check in time and they found a room for me so I could check in and get dried out. The staff were not particularly friendly but were professional and answered all my questions. It was in a great location, quiet but near all the services you can want; restaurants, drug store, liquor store, buses, etc. My suite was clean, quiet and well-appointed. I enjoyed my stay there will return there when next in Vancouver.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Sunset Inn and Suites for 10 days and chose it based in the reviews on tripadvisor. It did not disappoint. We are former Vancouverites and lived downtown. The hotel is situated in the West End just behind Davies Street with lots of local cafes and restaurants in close proximity. If you drive it is seconds from Burrard Bridge and there is free undercover parking via the back alley.

Breakfast is included (fruit, croissants, bagels, coffee, orange juice and tea). It's basic but more than adequate. The rooms have a kitchenette so you can spruce up the breakfast if you want.

Wifi is free and stable and very fast. There is also a safe in the room. Laundry is on the ground floor - soap is free and each cycle costs $2.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The only thing I would suggest is that the floors need a good steam clean as our slippers were pretty dirty by the end of the first night.

But apart from that I have no complaints and highly recommend this place. We will definitely stay there again next time we are in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Far Rockaway, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed with a friend and her son at the Sunset for a quick three-day VanCity weekend in late November, and my only complaint is that I didn't have enough time to spend there! What an extraordinary place - clean, quiet, spacious, well-located... everything you could want, and an incredible value. The beds were super-comfy, with soft, good-thread-count sheets. We had a full kitchen, complimentary continental breakfast (bring your plates and mugs with you, they provide the trays), DVD player (perfect for a rainy night of watching a marathon of our favorite TV show!), and, best of all, the friendliest, most attentive service I've ever had.

A big, huge thank you to Dave, Arabella, and and the rest of the staff, who gave us directions, called a cab when we were stuck in the rain at the Stanley Park Christmas Lights, talked pizza, wine, and poutine with us, and gave us umbrellas for our drizzly walk along English Bay. Knowledgable, gracious, witty and kind - THAT is what I call hospitality. Absolutely wonderful.

Oh, and I have it on very good authority - the 13-year old I was traveling with - that the sofa bed in Suite 204 is "Highly recommended," and "Awesome." 'Nuff said.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have stayed at the Sunset Inn many times over the years. The experience has been consistently positive. Location is perfect--a few blocks from Stanley Park, the little ferry to Granville Island and Robson Street. Many fine restaurants dot the area. It's a convert apartment house, so all suites include a full kitchen. The Sunset is a gem, and we hope to return often. I

Room Tip: upper floors have nice views of the mountains, downtown, and English Bay depending on orientation