“Excellent reception, great location, lovely room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Sunset Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Sunset Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1P4, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent reception, great location, lovely room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed one night. The staff were very friendly and helpful, with a warm sense of humour. The location was fantastic. It was great to have free parking. The suite was very clean, modern, well designed and comfortable, with an excellent bathroom. Lots of space for hanging out as well as for cooking. Kitchen had most of what we needed. The only downside was that it's not quite as soundproof as I would like given the location - it was a bit noisy from the street and possibly neighbouring suites. Would definitely go back, though!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
McDonough, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was a delight in every way! The staff (especially the lady with red hair) was wonderful! Very helpful with recommendations for things to do, dining, etc and providing directions. The room was fabulous! I could not believe we could have a 1 bedroom apartment in such a good location for such a low price! We were on the 3rd floor and really enjoyed the full kitchen and seperate bedroom. I loved having morning coffee on the balcony. The bathroom is small, but very nice.

You can walk easily to whever you need to go. There are some good restaurants right behind the hotel. The Greek ones were quite tasty. Denny's is across the street is you want a big breakfast. Also lots of Asians restaurants.

If you have a car the hotel has free secure parking. I recommend walking about 3 blocks on Davie to the 7-11 and purchasing a 9 CAD day pass for the excellent public transportation system. It included buses, ferry to N Vancouver and the trains. Bus drivers are very helpful.

There are washers and dryers off the lobby which was very handy. A load is 2 CAD each. Laundry soap is free!

Free conteniental breakfast and coffee is included and there is a small fitness center.

I would recommend this comfy, pleasant hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed four nights and really liked this inn! The staff have fun personalities and are very helpful. The size of the suites are amazing. We took advantage of having a kitchen and cooked two dinners which saved us money. We explored the city each day in wet and dreary weather, but our room was such a nice and comfortable place to retreat to. Newspapers at your door each morning, nice breakfasts which you can enjoy in your room, private and convenient parking, balconies, and a great selection of free movies to check out to name a few of our favorite things about this place. We highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I want to say that this is a great hotel that truly feels like home. It was my first time and from booking the hotel to checking out it was fabulous. The staff are all truly amazing! I was laughing and having a great time when talking on the phone to book my room and very pleasantly surprised when I checked in and was upgraded to a top floor room with a wonderful soaker tub and an amazing view! Cannot say THANK YOU enough to all of the staff!!! Staff were very helpful in guiding me to a store to get bubble bath, the very close liquor store for a bottle of wine and good restaurants to order food for dinner. I highly recommend this hotel for people that want to relax, enjoy a great hotel and wonderful location. I was there to be close to work for the next day but if I get to stay longer it is a great place to walk around and just explore, so central to anything you want to do in Vancouver. Cannot wait to come back! Warning to people that like to complain, yes the elevator is slow and some areas of the hotel are a bit dated but really people, the staff and room are so worth it. You also get free parking and the free breakfast and coffee in the morning were perfect for me. Thanks again for an incredible evening I will definitely be back :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent place. Great location. Extremely friendly staff. Brilliant kitchen and living room. Massive wide screen TV. Comfortable large bed and nice balcony.

The only thing I didn't like was the couch. There were two small couches, one larger, more comfortable one would have been better.

The breakfast included was a continental breakfast which you bring up to the apartment. It consisted of bagels, OJ, coffee, croissants and fruit. The kitchen was well equipt and extremely clean.

Staying there gave us a good feeling and helped us relax, it was good value for money and
I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Sunset Inn and Suites for one night. It was quite comfortable. Upon arrival I was a bit confused as there wasn't a great area for parking my vehicle so I could check in. I actually had to call the front desk to find out where I could park. I was told there is a loading zone in the front so I could park there and then once checked in I could move my vehicle around back to the parkade. Check in was easy. Staff was friendly. Everything for the evening was good. In the morning there was a small area with some breakfast items (fruit, bread, cereal, bagels, etc) and all the food was fresh and tasted good. Check out was easy. The only issue I really had was I had about 6 inches of water in the bottom of the tub while taking a shower. It drained extremely slow but that's really the only issue. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thank you to all the trip advisors reviews we read. You were so right. Great hotel, location, staff. We stayed for 3 nights. The staff were so helpful. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and big. We could walk everywhere we wanted to go. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone. If we ever go to Vancouver again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!